PDA

View Full Version : Have they already completely ruined the game??

NeoMechan
05-22-2015, 05:25 PM
I was just watching the Twitch recorded stream, and one guy said that they have implemented a RANDOM skills system, just like in HOMMV, the very game I stopped playing because of that utterly idiotic, game-ruining random system!!

Why?? What the hell are you thinking??

Also, fully flanked creatures should not be able to retaliate, it breaks the animation(twitchy instant rotation) among other things.

Woopertooper
05-22-2015, 11:39 PM
Random skills is completely optional so I really can't see how its 'game ruining'

GalaadleHaut
05-23-2015, 12:03 PM
If you don't like random skills you don't like neither understood how to play Heroes.

Woopertooper
05-24-2015, 08:40 PM
If you don't like random skills you don't like neither understood how to play Heroes.

Yeah, this. Non-random skills is boring and removes all elements of risk, compromise and damage control making for a flat game experience.

F.D.Crane
05-25-2015, 06:46 PM
guess you never played any version before 5, huh?

broui
05-25-2015, 06:51 PM
1. "Random" is optional.
2. You can also choose the option of letting the game level you up - in case such decisions case you too much anxiety.
3. The only version that did not have random skills was H6 that feature was among its detractors.

4. Fully flanked - they stated that the 'no retaliation' thing was tried and it was way too op.

BeYo_OnD
05-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Why?? What the hell are you thinking??

Right back at you. What the hell were you actually thinking when you posted that reply? Utterly idiotic? Game ruining? Not by a long shot. Heroes has always been about controlled random hero development, and the only instance when it wasn't, aka Heroes 6, it turned out to be a disaster. So be more mindful when you throw around crap at a signature feature of the series.

Also, rest assured, your precious free-pick linear development is there for you. Rejoice.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Hi Guys, please no in-fighting.

Thanks

NeoMechan
05-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Also, rest assured, your precious free-pick linear development is there for you. Rejoice.

LOL, what a ridiculous statement!

Is the customization in Path of Exile also linear because the game doesn't randomly choose for you which skills to take??

BeYo_OnD
05-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Haven't played Path of Exile, so I wouldn't know. However, I played dozens of other games with a free pick system and, as a general rule, they tend towards linearity. Because either there is an established "best" skilling pathway, or the commodity factor starts to kick in. Randomization provides much more replayability, because it forces you into difficult choices. Plus to that, a feeling of excitement for the unknown. So when you're telling me that randomness is utterly idiotic and game ruining I can immediately say that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, and as such there's no need to even take you seriously.

Btw, enjoy some Poker sometimes, and then come back and tell me how and idiotic and broken game it is because of the random factor.