PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial?

jnpoint
05-22-2015, 07:36 AM
I have never played any of these games. This one looks very interesting, but will there be a tutorial in the beta?

Elle-One
05-22-2015, 08:51 AM
There will be a tutorial in the full game (probably the first campaign you can play), but the beta only has two non-campaign maps, so I don't think so.

Heroes is generally not very hard to learn, especially if you've played some strategy games before - I hadn't and my learning process consisted of a friend yelling at me "Do this and now this and now this" without any explanations and I managed to figure it out eventually. ;-)

If you can find any video playthroughs of the Heroes 5 or 6 campaigns, just watch a couple of videos to get an overview of how battles work. Or look at some fansites (Celestial Heavens, Heroes Community) for general game help. Heroes 7 will be different and require different tactics, but the basics stay the same.

The beta forum is still closed, but if that's a common issue I'll write a short tutorial up once it opens.

jnpoint
05-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Thanks. I'll Watch some videos :)

jnpoint
06-03-2015, 07:42 AM
I have never played any of your mmh games, so is there a manual in in the gameor a tutorial or...? Thanks. I mean in this beta access.

unreal_az
06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't think there is in the beta, but here are some guidelines:
- When you attack a troop you have a "chance" to win which is displayed.
- During combat protect your archers, use the wait button until troops get in range so you can fire with full damage.
- Pick-up the resources needed for the buildings you want to build.
- Whenever possible use two heroes. One picks up resources, the other kills creatures.
- Always try to build a building in your castle if possible until you have the capitol, the castle and the level 7 troop. Also build all archer troops.
- Right click your troops and the enemy troops to learn their abilities.
- Take away the enemy retaliation with a troop that will not get killed or with your weakest troop.
If you follow these rules you should be golden.

jnpoint
06-03-2015, 10:36 AM
I don't think there is in the beta, but here are some guidelines:
- When you attack a troop you have a "chance" to win which is displayed.
- During combat protect your archers, use the wait button until troops get in range so you can fire with full damage.
- Pick-up the resources needed for the buildings you want to build.
- Whenever possible use two heroes. One picks up resources, the other kills creatures.
- Always try to build a building in your castle if possible until you have the capitol, the castle and the level 7 troop. Also build all archer troops.
- Right click your troops and the enemy troops to learn their abilities.
- Take away the enemy retaliation with a troop that will not get killed or with your weakest troop.
If you follow these rules you should be golden.

Thanks for helping. I'll try your strategy and then learn by doing.

TheUnHolyPug
09-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Hellooo!! I am very new to games like this and i am not completely sure that i am doing everything correctly... in fact im sure im not. I cannot find the tutorial. Where is it ? Am i missing it somewhere or is it in the campaign? I havent seen it if it is in the campn.

Fyrestorme
09-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Basically, the first Haven campaign mission is meant to be like the tutorial

victorash
09-30-2015, 09:56 PM
There are a lot of tutorials on youtube. Just search there "might magic heroes VII tutorial". Also there are the official streams from limbic and ubisoft - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1279804-Heroes-VII-Stream-archive

The closest thing to an official written tutorial you'll find here - https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/getting-started-with-mmh7