PDA

View Full Version : Time Anomalies in AC Syndicate

Nerdman3000
05-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Time Anomalies were one of the most interesting parts of AC Unity, something of which I hope they decide to one day bring back. Which makes me wonder, what eras of London would people like to see in possible time anomalies for AC Syndicate, should Ubisoft choose to bring the feature back? What improvements and changes would you like to see? Would you even want Time Anomalies to be brought back?

jeffies04
05-20-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't know if you've played it, but Bioshock Infinite had these sort of "bleeding" effects of other times or dimensions bleeding through. It would be kind of cool to walk through a well-known area and suddenly see it change into a crowded urban modern day setting and back.

Not sure how they'd work that in with the lore, maybe two different sets of DNA are competing (Lucy mentions this in Brotherhood when one subject was pregnant), but I think it would be cool. I enjoyed seeing different eras of Paris in Unity.

VestigialLlama4
05-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Time Anomalies were one of the most interesting parts of AC Unity, something of which I hope they decide to one day bring back. Which makes me wonder, what eras of London would people like to see in possible time anomalies for AC Syndicate, should Ubisoft choose to bring the feature back? What improvements and changes would you like to see? Would you even want Time Anomalies to be brought back?

Farlander1991 actually wondered if Syndicate will have Time Anomalies since in UNITY that was actually a holdover from the original plot of Paris in multiple eras. In any case its not really as necessary because the Time Anomalies in UNITY was there so that we could climb the Eiffel Tower since that monument was not available in the Revolutionary era. In the case of SYNDICATE, there's no real iconic structure in 20th and 21st Century London that people are aching to climb, and some iconic structures of the Victorian Era like the Crystal Palace actually got destroyed in the 1930s .

In any case, if they want to do Time Anomalies, I would like something where we see bits and pieces of English history and famous figures who won't be there in the Victorian era:

1) The Celtic Warrior Queen Boudicca's Battle with the Romans and burning London to the Ground. Since she was worshipped by her tribe as a Goddess, you can make her First Civ and show how that looks.

2) The War of the Roses - What really happened to the Princes in the Tower of London? Also we can see if Richard III was an Assassin-ally or framed by Templars (given that he's right now celebrated as a hero in England).

3) The Globe Theatre - Shakespeare doing a production of one of his plays.

4) Guy Fawkes attacking Parliament

5) The Great Fire of London or the Great Plague (too much work for a throwaway moment so probably no).

6) 1700s England where we see Edward Kenway in action, hanging out with Alexander Pope, John Gay (who modelled MacHeath on Edward naturally), Daniel Defoe and Jonathan Swift.

7) 20th Century London during the Blitz and why not, Swinging London in the 60s.

The only thing stopping Ubisoft from doing this is assets...all of this based on how they do it, involves a lot of work for what is essentially throwaway moments in the game and unlike Unity which is a recycled original idea into a MD feature, this is something they have to do just for the sake of being throwaway.

Hans684
05-20-2015, 08:03 PM
No, if they can make parts of the city in 3-5 different times. Then they can do create parts of the same city in MD with a protagonist. Time Anomalies was nothing but escapes in Unity, they have no propose other than having us slip under Abstergo's radar. They are fillers within a triple-A filler that has less story reasons to exist than Liberation.

ze_topazio
05-20-2015, 08:37 PM
I would be up for a full reconstruction of Londinium.

http://i.imgur.com/2zMsjDA.jpg

http://cdn.londonist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/romanmodel.jpg

OCtoppus
06-08-2015, 07:36 AM
I agree, we need the time anomalies to be back in Syndicate. They were amazing in Unity despite how small they were, I just hope they can expand the TA gameplays, like make the maps bigger or allow them to be smaller interactive maps where you can collect chests, artifacts and missions. They were an interesting addition to AC and I hope to see them again in Syndicate.

Imagine, passing from Victorian London to London during World War 1 or Medieval London. It would be awesome.

Locopells
06-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Climb the Shard!

m4r-k7
06-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Roman Londinium and Elizabethan London would be awesome but at the same time it would make me sad that the actual game is not set there xD

Sorrosyss
06-08-2015, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't mind zipping through to modern day London. That would be fun.

I did find the anomalies kinda fun in Unity. I would love a level where everything gets merged together though. First you run past a dinosaur, then a horse, finally a giant bus speeds by you. If designed well, it could be massively fun to mix up a level in this way. Perhaps have it as an organized attack by Juno. "I will trap you here in the Grey!"

Defalt221
06-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Truth be told. I hate anomalies. I'd rather prefer those platforming exploration levels like Visitazione's Secret, Lost Mayan Ruins etc.

dxsxhxcx
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
No, if they can make parts of the city in 3-5 different times. Then they can do create parts of the same city in MD with a protagonist. Time Anomalies was nothing but escapes in Unity, they have no propose other than having us slip under Abstergo's radar. They are fillers within a triple-A filler that has less story reasons to exist than Liberation.

this!

Also, IMO this isn't the kind of feature that is here to stay, there's only much that can be done with this feature without making it feel shoehorned into the game just for the sake of it, they could make it more meaningful for one game where we could use these time annomalies to track down a POE through time until the game' setting era, doing some missions in different timelines like it was suggested, but if they keep adding it in every game, it'll feel forced...

NondairyGold
06-08-2015, 04:22 PM

this!

Also, IMO this isn't the kind of feature that is here to stay, there's only much that can be done with this feature without making it feel shoehorned into the game just for the sake of it, they could make it more meaningful for one game where we could use these time annomalies to track down a POE through time until the game' setting era, doing some missions in different timelines like it was suggested, but if they keep adding it in every game, it'll feel forced...

Totally agree with you guy's, I feel the anomalies were meant to focus on the Pater Intellectus and the Sage but there wasn't enough time to flesh it out and finish it so they went with a server breach instead. It was poorly executed in the end.

prince162010
06-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Truth be told. I hate anomalies. I'd rather prefer those platforming exploration levels like Visitazione's Secret, Lost Mayan Ruins etc.

same here

Cornik22
06-08-2015, 05:22 PM
In the case of SYNDICATE, there's no real iconic structure in 20th and 21st Century London that people are aching to climb

Yes, but how about the Tower of London? If it's not going to be in the map, at least I want to explore it in a time rift.

Hans684
06-08-2015, 08:15 PM
this!

It will be forced either way. Why waste time on 3-4 different people when the last one reveal the price. We would have zero reasons to relive the life of the others, all we need is someone related to the last guy so we get get his memories. Time Anomalies can just be escapes, but why waste time on that when you can use it on MD and a protagonist?

Altair1789
06-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I'll only accept time anomalies if they're really different from what they were in Unity. Honestly, Syndicate won't have a Modern Day, it'll be time anomalies again, but I don't want to roam around a 5 sq meter park just because it was from the 12th century. Make us actually see something. It's an amazing opportunity to present the story of maybe another assassin. Why doesn't Bishop put us in the memories of one of Jacob's ancestors/ descendants while Abstergo is doing their check?

Maybe it could relate to the huge bummer that was the helix menu in ACU. The bottom 3 assassins might've been in London, maybe they'd each get a questline that we do during Abstergo's check.

Whether or not they stick to the old anomalies, I'll want 1920s

strigoi1958
06-08-2015, 09:37 PM
I'd rather have exploration areas like tombs in previous AC games... and London is full of places that would be perfect. (as long as there are no timed lever levels... shudder)

Or memory locations that bring us back to play as a previous protagonist... just as a cameo game within a game.

But as neither are an option I'd go for the period of Sir Francis Drake... or the 1760's and 1770's... to see the US independence from the English perspective and to meet haytham again ;)