PDA

View Full Version : Warplane Owners

IcarusXP
02-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I think it was spring 1996 when a buddy of mine and I decided to take a Cesna 172 out to the planes of Eastern Colorado and joy fly a while. We rented a decent plane from Airwest Flying club, Jefferson County Airport, Broomfeild Colorado.

We were in the run up when this rare Spitfire trainer, doubler bubble canopy came roaring down the taxi way.
I hear the tower tell this guy to position and hold, but hell no, he rolls out onto the active and flys off without even a "Good day".

Even a scrub like me in a rented plane intending to get lost for the fun of it knows better than that.

Today I was at Centenial Airport, Denver Clorado and the same Spitfire came rolling up the ramp, parks right in front of the Jet center, hops out of the plane before the prop stops spinning, and leaves it right smack dab in front of 4 fuel trucks...all on duty.

What an A-Hole !

Yeh, I wanna be cool, just like him when I grow up.

"The only reason we liberated France was to get to Germany"
-Rush Limbaugh
http://trackpad.home.comcast.net

[This message was edited by IcarusXP on Wed February 04 2004 at 08:01 PM.]

IcarusXP
02-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I think it was spring 1996 when a buddy of mine and I decided to take a Cesna 172 out to the planes of Eastern Colorado and joy fly a while. We rented a decent plane from Airwest Flying club, Jefferson County Airport, Broomfeild Colorado.

We were in the run up when this rare Spitfire trainer, doubler bubble canopy came roaring down the taxi way.
I hear the tower tell this guy to position and hold, but hell no, he rolls out onto the active and flys off without even a "Good day".

Even a scrub like me in a rented plane intending to get lost for the fun of it knows better than that.

Today I was at Centenial Airport, Denver Clorado and the same Spitfire came rolling up the ramp, parks right in front of the Jet center, hops out of the plane before the prop stops spinning, and leaves it right smack dab in front of 4 fuel trucks...all on duty.

What an A-Hole !

Yeh, I wanna be cool, just like him when I grow up.

"The only reason we liberated France was to get to Germany"
-Rush Limbaugh
http://trackpad.home.comcast.net

[This message was edited by IcarusXP on Wed February 04 2004 at 08:01 PM.]