PDA

View Full Version : Sound randomly cutting out

EAuser
03-18-2004, 01:58 AM
I think a bug from splinter cell made it into Pandora tomorrow.

See in SC, my sound would randomly cut out. By sound i mean everything but activated sound, like a gun shot, breaking glass, falling down and grunting. But normal ambient sound, music, and dialog seem to cut out.

I am currently running a Nforce2 motherboard with onboard sound (the APU).

I did not notice this in other unreal powered games including but not limited to:

UT2k3
UT2k4 Demo
UT2k4
DeusEx 2

I have tried running it without EAX and 3D sound, so my assumption must be the directsound implementation.

EAuser
03-18-2004, 01:58 AM
I think a bug from splinter cell made it into Pandora tomorrow.

See in SC, my sound would randomly cut out. By sound i mean everything but activated sound, like a gun shot, breaking glass, falling down and grunting. But normal ambient sound, music, and dialog seem to cut out.

I am currently running a Nforce2 motherboard with onboard sound (the APU).

I did not notice this in other unreal powered games including but not limited to:

UT2k3
UT2k4 Demo
UT2k4
DeusEx 2

I have tried running it without EAX and 3D sound, so my assumption must be the directsound implementation.

Jed_Slayer
03-18-2004, 04:18 PM
i have the exact same problem! i'm using soundstorm from my nforce2 asus A7N8X-Deluxe mobo! the sounds sometimes just stop, disabling EAX has no effect and all my drivers are updated! actually i did a clean install of win xp-pro last week and installed the 3.13 nvidia drivers for my nforce2 mobo and the catalyst 4.3 for my radeon9700 pro!