PDA

View Full Version : Way to get rid of super-imposed squad logo's

dmcland72
05-06-2004, 10:35 AM
I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of the super-imposed squadron logo's in the short missions, I'm assuming they show up in the career mode too. Have some really nice skins and would like to know how to get rid of the squad logo's it puts on the plane, even if you turn markings off. Not all squad seem to have logo's that do this was contemplating finding the logo's and deleting them but will wait for advice.

thanks,
David

dmcland72
05-06-2004, 10:35 AM
I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of the super-imposed squadron logo's in the short missions, I'm assuming they show up in the career mode too. Have some really nice skins and would like to know how to get rid of the squad logo's it puts on the plane, even if you turn markings off. Not all squad seem to have logo's that do this was contemplating finding the logo's and deleting them but will wait for advice.

thanks,
David

antifreeze
05-06-2004, 01:18 PM
You're referring to the 'Regiment Badge' at the front of the aircraft? It is chosen in the 'Regiment' field-box in the briefing screen (usually above the 'Skin' field-box, and you switch the markings on/off in this screen too; as far as I remember, you can turn markings on/off for your plane in any gametype).

Regiment (and thus regiment-badge) is set:
-by the designer in offline single missions.
-by the designer in online coop missions.
-by you before the start of a campaign.
-by you in the 'lobby' of a dogfight.

You can change it to 'none' in single missions by editing the .mis file.
In online coops you obviously can't change it because you can't access the host's mission files.
If you are the host of the coop, you can change it to 'none' by editing the .mis file.
In campaigns you have to choose a Regiment; DGen requires the regiment to generate missions properly.
In dogfights, you choose a regiment from those that are in your online cache (FB/paintschemes/regiments). You mention 'deleting the logos'; you can delete online cache, but I think the real-life regiments for the other gametypes are hardwired into the gamecode.

I know how to edit the .mis files, but it would take pages trying to explain it to you. I suggest loading missions in 'Full Mission Builder' and changing the squadron there. If you want to learn about manually editing .mis files (a lot easier than using FMB) then save your edited FMB missions and compare them with the original using wordpad. I'm sure you'll suss it out.

Note that in online games, no-one will see your beautiful skins if they don't have 'skin download' turned on. Also note that some third party skins come with plane numbers and Regiment badges actually embedded in the skin design; you can't do anything about that.

http://forgotten.battles.pulpo.co.uk/il2logo.gif