PDA

View Full Version : Hat Switch

The12342sainT
02-27-2004, 03:28 PM
To look around the cockpit I am trying to set it so I can look around with the hat switch on my Saitek Cyborg Joystick. The problem is it either moves all the way to a preset position and then returns forward; OR it moves slightly in a direction in increments. What I want to do is to be able to look anywhere around the cockpit similar to the mouse look control except to be able to do this with the hat.

...anyone wants to take a stab at this?

The12342sainT
02-27-2004, 03:28 PM
To look around the cockpit I am trying to set it so I can look around with the hat switch on my Saitek Cyborg Joystick. The problem is it either moves all the way to a preset position and then returns forward; OR it moves slightly in a direction in increments. What I want to do is to be able to look anywhere around the cockpit similar to the mouse look control except to be able to do this with the hat.

...anyone wants to take a stab at this?

JG7_Rall
02-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Sorry bud, I think the only two options are the snap and pan view (look and return to center or slowely move your head around choppily).

You have three options: use the mouse to look around, get TrackIR2, or dl that program (can't remember the name, help me out guys) that lets you use a webcam (if you've got on) to move your head across the pit like the mouse.

S!

Hutch

http://home.comcast.net/~nate.r/sig.jpg

aerick2
02-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah I don't think there's much else you can do with a hat switch. (You know that F9 toggles between snap and pan right?)

That's why I love the "mouse" on the X45- it works beautifully for looking around in the cockpit.

LEXX_Luthor
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I use mouse, and hat switches for zoom views and stuff.

Actually, today I tried a trackball USB and with the PS2 mouse now I have 2 mice and they both work totally. Trackball will take time to get used to though. With that mouse hooked up, I always reach for the mouse but need to be learning the ball.

btw, set mouse sensitivity in the FB input menu to 10.0 that way you only have to move your hand just a wee bit.

you will still have FB , you will lose nothing ~WUAF_Badsight
I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait... ~Bearcat99
Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age ~ElAurens

bird_brain
02-27-2004, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG7_Rall:

dl that program (can't remember the name, help me out guys) that lets you use a webcam (if you've got on) to move your head across the pit like the mouse.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That program would be Cam2Pan, but I haven't tried it.

It sounds like you are trying to map your joystick hat switch to thee mouse x&y axis. It would depend on your software with the stick but you should be able to do it.
You could also try assigning mouse x&y axis to your hatswitch in the controls option panel.
I am at work so I can't check it out right now. I have a microstick assigned to mouse commands on the throttle of my Cougar & it works great.

http://hstrial-jyarbrough.homestead.com/hhsig2.jpg
**** The Hell Hawks Campaign is available @ ****
http://hstrial-jyarbrough.homestead.com/Files.html

LEXX_Luthor
02-27-2004, 05:37 PM
NewView

The12342sainT
03-02-2004, 12:37 PM
S!

Its a start, I dont remember seeing 'mouse' as a controls option panel option, I'll keep looking though one way or another I would like to set it up so it pans smoothly with the hat switch.

F19_Ob
03-02-2004, 01:12 PM
If u assign a button on ur stick with the up view, u can use it with the hatswitch and get the diagonally up view alround cockpit.

if u havnt noticed it already.

buggggggged
03-02-2004, 01:49 PM
I use hat forward and back to go to gun sight zoom and back, never liked the lookaround much.