PDA

View Full Version : MP Spawn Bug

XyZspineZyX
03-25-2003, 11:12 PM
keeps getting a bug when i spawn in multiplayer.

I spawn but the scoresheet doesnt minimise at start of play, I spawn, gun model spawns but i am effectively locked out of games. Due to the fact that no keys respond and mouse is locked to scoresheet menus. The control buttons for wep loadout etc are grayed out as if i had tabbed whilst ingame.
Seems to happen on certain wep combinations or somthing.

Have tried every key, alt+tab, esc, etc sometimes not even a quit helps and i have same problems when i connect to a different server.

Current (problem loadout)
m4a1, miniscope
Deagle 50cal, extended clip
gasmask,
gas/flashbang(had probs with this loadout with both)

System spec
Radeon 9500/9700 128 (modded thru omega drivers 2.4.07a)
AMD xp2k+ palomino
WinXP Pro SP1
philips siesmic edge soundcard
gigabyte GA-7VA (F9 bios)
512 266 Crucial
56k Dialup on supra express 56e

Think it is a latency problem since it feels like it happens with a slow spawn phase, after loadout timer expires .. say 3-5 secs for gun model to spawn, normally about 2-3 secs after other players have visibly spawned

any help ... or a patch graciously recieved

XyZspineZyX
03-25-2003, 11:12 PM
keeps getting a bug when i spawn in multiplayer.

I spawn but the scoresheet doesnt minimise at start of play, I spawn, gun model spawns but i am effectively locked out of games. Due to the fact that no keys respond and mouse is locked to scoresheet menus. The control buttons for wep loadout etc are grayed out as if i had tabbed whilst ingame.
Seems to happen on certain wep combinations or somthing.

Have tried every key, alt+tab, esc, etc sometimes not even a quit helps and i have same problems when i connect to a different server.

Current (problem loadout)
m4a1, miniscope
Deagle 50cal, extended clip
gasmask,
gas/flashbang(had probs with this loadout with both)

System spec
Radeon 9500/9700 128 (modded thru omega drivers 2.4.07a)
AMD xp2k+ palomino
WinXP Pro SP1
philips siesmic edge soundcard
gigabyte GA-7VA (F9 bios)
512 266 Crucial
56k Dialup on supra express 56e

Think it is a latency problem since it feels like it happens with a slow spawn phase, after loadout timer expires .. say 3-5 secs for gun model to spawn, normally about 2-3 secs after other players have visibly spawned

any help ... or a patch graciously recieved

XyZspineZyX
03-26-2003, 03:34 AM
Got the same bug last night.
XP
AMD XP 1800
GF3 Ti 200 30.82 drivers, DX9
Audigy

XyZspineZyX
03-26-2003, 06:49 AM
someone told me your supposed to switch teams when that happens. (?)

---------------------------------
Don't matter if it's candy or if danger looms, they're wide-eyed at a pigeon or the face of doom. It's happy and amazing for The Baby, The Immigrant, and The Guy On Mushrooms!

XyZspineZyX
03-26-2003, 06:51 AM
Possible fixes:

1) Rejoin your team as stated above

2) Be sure to hit the Ready button. From what I remember, the 2 times I got this bug was because I didn't press my Ready button.

=============================================
http://www.clanmt.com
=============================================

XyZspineZyX
03-26-2003, 08:15 PM
havent tried changing teams sounds likeley,

i think it is related to ready but not to your ready as i always ready up.
Was playing on a server last night and it was launching from every1 readying up fine. It seems only to happen if some1 doesnt ready up and timer counts down to zero.

Hope this team switch works ...

Thanks for response

XyZspineZyX
03-26-2003, 11:43 PM
nup tried team change no joy,
tried with and without readying up doesnt seem to make any diff... worked if i didnt ready up more often than not

did u mean change to spectator for a round?

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Was it an official rvs map, cause i know of bugs like that happening in some maps that people have made. Its because they mess up the spawn points or something. Happens a lot in parking garage map