PDA

View Full Version : Mission Planning help...

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 01:49 AM
Wondering if someone can help me here. I have read the instruction book already of course. When I go to the planning screen pre-mission I can't set any waypoints for any team. Anytime I click on the screen it just switches between the area's "levels"..I've tried alt click shift click..whatever...

the book says just point on map and click. Yet when I do it (right or left mouse click) it just changes the area's "level".

So anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong here? Making it a real pain in the *** cause I either can only used pre-made plans and teams or try a mission without any planned waypoints or routes..which really sucks because then the team(s) I'm not controlling at any particular time just stand there.

thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 01:49 AM
Wondering if someone can help me here. I have read the instruction book already of course. When I go to the planning screen pre-mission I can't set any waypoints for any team. Anytime I click on the screen it just switches between the area's "levels"..I've tried alt click shift click..whatever...

the book says just point on map and click. Yet when I do it (right or left mouse click) it just changes the area's "level".

So anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong here? Making it a real pain in the *** cause I either can only used pre-made plans and teams or try a mission without any planned waypoints or routes..which really sucks because then the team(s) I'm not controlling at any particular time just stand there.

thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 01:52 AM
make sure your controls are set to 'default' because you can alter the planning commands.

You should be able to pick on a teams colour and then click on the map to assign them a waypoint.

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 08:01 AM
never changed any of the controls..and still can't get it to do anything.

all clicking does is change the area's level up and down.

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 01:09 PM
b

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Sounds pretty weird.

The first way point you have to pick is in an insertion zone on the map. After that you can start putting waypoints on the rest of the map.

Also make sure you have at least one player chosen in the team planning stage.

If its not something like that, then it sounds like a bug.

-----------
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
- John Donne (1573-1631)

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 05:58 PM
It's quite simple. You must first click the first wayoint in the red square...(insertion zone). After you do that, you will be able to make your way around the map. It is the same for all team(red,green,blue).
Ultra54

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 06:20 PM
I've done that Ultra..I have tried numerous things including reading the book several times which told me the first has to be in the red square (or insertion zone).

I'm telling you it doesn't do anything.

I even tried loading a plan and selecting team 1 and deleting all it's waypoints in hope that I can replace them as I want...still nothing...it doesn't change the area's "level" like it does if I start a plan from scratch but it sure doesn't place any waypoints down. Just gives a brief pause (as if it was changing levels) then the mouse moves again and nothing happens.

I appreciate the responces but still getting nothing.

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 07:54 PM
I'm having the same problem as you...I can't set any waypoints!

XyZspineZyX
03-29-2003, 09:06 PM
^

XyZspineZyX
03-30-2003, 01:29 AM
Its a bug,how the hell it got into a full game is beyond me,it makes half the game useless http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif The game doesnt work.....maybe ubi need to release a patch soon...very soon to fix this issue alone.Its unacceptable.

XyZspineZyX
03-30-2003, 03:51 AM
I can relate! I have read all the posts and replys; if all else fails, re-install. If the problem is still there, then a 'bug' exists. Damn shame if it is a bug! Good luck.

XyZspineZyX
03-30-2003, 03:58 AM
ok, i had this problem when i first installed. The solution should be simple: turn off anti-aliasing on your video card.

To change this, generally go to desktop properties, then settings, then advanced, then your vid card. You should have settings to change there. (just put this here just in case you dont know how)

Hopefully Ubi is workin on this.

America may be arrogant, but at least we don't speak French.

Message Edited on 03/29/0308:59PM by SeidounaRaikou

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 12:22 AM
I know this message is old, but has anyone found a solution for this problem. Ive only got the game recently, and its giving this problem. Cant edit the mission plan.

Fish

Everything you do in life is a trade off of what you could have done, but dident.

LOMAC READY
--------------------------
Win 98SE, P4 2.4@2.90, 512MB 2700DDR, Radeon 9800pro 256mb DDR II, @405/370 Stock,Cougar & RCS,MasterPilot, Saitek P8000, GameCommander,

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Hey,

The mission planning problem for me has always been because Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering were enabled on my 9700Pro...I see that you have a 9800 Pro, so turn off those to play this game...