PDA

View Full Version : Headshoots and still flying

zugfuhrer
03-22-2004, 04:37 PM
I hit the AI-pilot in a gladiator with two shoots in the head and the saw the sign headshoot came up.
I flew a Me 109E and fired both mg and canon, The projectiles passed the plexiglass only.

Is this a bug or a deliberate trick to make the dogfights against AI-oponents more challenging.
Ive got trackfiles on this.

I also hit the reargunner of a Su2 through the open mg-slit of his canopy. He didnt shoot any more but he jumped.
Got trackfiles of this too.
Any interested?

zugfuhrer
03-22-2004, 04:37 PM
I hit the AI-pilot in a gladiator with two shoots in the head and the saw the sign headshoot came up.
I flew a Me 109E and fired both mg and canon, The projectiles passed the plexiglass only.

Is this a bug or a deliberate trick to make the dogfights against AI-oponents more challenging.
Ive got trackfiles on this.

I also hit the reargunner of a Su2 through the open mg-slit of his canopy. He didnt shoot any more but he jumped.
Got trackfiles of this too.
Any interested?

03-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Could be a bug, or maybe "HEADSHOT" doesn't necessarily indicate "pilot is dead" ..(maybe you tore off his ear or something..?? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )..

At any rate, trust only what your eyes see, not the series of texts that show up. Just yesterday I met a good La-7 pilot in a Bf109G-14. After a tough fight he landed hits on me and the message shows up that the control cables are cut. The poor guy just breaks off thinking he won.. alas, t'was only my rudder cable. Aimed a nice MK108 round behind him and blew his tail off.

zugfuhrer
03-22-2004, 04:59 PM
You ask for nasty details, one bullet hit his head in his eye, the other came in on his forhead.
The reargunner got hit in his forhead and in the chest.
The hit in his head was a 20mm I think because that "arrow" was thicker.

noshens
03-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Probably armor didn't let the bullet go through, and the arcade arrows just show where the bullet would fly. Unless you hit from the glass side. But if you hit from the back then its armor.

Hmm, but it did say headshot? Probably a bug?

zugfuhrer
03-24-2004, 03:30 AM
It happend in a head to head attack against the gladiator, and the Su was a rear-attack, no armour only glass in the gladiator-case, and the projectiles went in through the slit for the mg, in the Su-attack, so nothing but the gunners uniform stopped it.
Perhaps a special manufactured fabric :-)
No I think that it is by purpose, otherwise would the AI-planes be too easy.
Lets hope that the non AI gladiators dont have this protection.

VVS-Manuc
03-24-2004, 03:42 AM
russian pilot head is made of Delta Wood which is stronger than steel. So no bug here http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

jurinko
03-24-2004, 07:15 AM
recently I hit the rear gunner in Pe 3 into head and he kept on firing at me, then bailed out. sent it to Oleg and he promised to check the code of penetrability of the plexiglass of the turret and the general dm model of Pe series.

----------------------
Letka.13/Liptow @ HL

zugfuhrer
03-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Lets hope that he checks all plexiglass AI-Damagemodel.

It would be great if the "arcademode" was available in net-games as well.
I am sure that it would reweal a lot of funny and perculiar things.

WWScout
03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:
russian pilot head is made of Delta Wood which is stronger than steel. So no bug here http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very witty indeed!