PDA

View Full Version : Should Ubi unleash Kojima on AC?

Sushiglutton
05-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Kojima has left Konami, wouldn't be great if he was hired to direct an AC game? Just unleash his goofy creativity to stir the pot a little? Make that Japan game the fans have been wanting!

Maybe in collaboration with Del Toro?

I think it would be absolutely fantastic :D!

Farlander1991
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Uhm, no thanks.

Well, maybe Del Toro, but not Kojima :p

I know AC is very ridiculous in a lot of ways, but Kojima makes his project ridiculous in entirely different ways, and those are not the ways I'd like AC to be ridiculous in.

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-18-2015, 08:58 PM
"Desmond!? I thought you were dead!"

"Nanomachines, son!"

VoXngola
05-18-2015, 09:00 PM
No. It just doesn't fit.

rrebe
05-18-2015, 09:01 PM
It would stir the pot, definitely. But I think it would either be utterly ridiculous or truly horrifying or possibly both :D

Sushiglutton
05-18-2015, 09:09 PM
I know AC is very ridiculous in a lot of ways, but Kojima makes his project ridiculous in entirely different ways, and those are not the ways I'd like AC to be ridiculous in.

I think really long, over dramatic and cheesy cutscenes would be awesome for AC. The games now are so plain you forget all the scenes. In Kojima's games there is always weirdness going on.

No. It just doesn't fit.

That's why it's so awesome! It would be something genuniely fresh, not just "your sword has been replaced by a kukri"-fresh.

It would stir the pot, definitely. But I think it would either be utterly ridiculous or truly horrifying or possibly both :D

I hope both!

ze_topazio
05-18-2015, 09:15 PM
This franchise ain't worthy of Kojima. :cool:

Kojima would do wonders for the actual gameplay though.

But I want Kojima to join Platinum Game, not Ubisoft.

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 09:16 PM
I don't think Del Toro will be all that interested in AC either.

If they want an outsider developer, maybe Harvey Smith of Arkane, who made Dishonored (and right now is working on the sequel or follow-up I think). Or how about Michel Ancel?! Rayman's creator and Beyond Good and Evil's developer. Wonder what he'd do with it.

But you know I'd rather Ubisoft give Kojima and whoever else money to make their games. Give money to Fumito Ueda to do whatever he wants to do, and then get on bended knees and go to Patrice Desilets' house, return his IP, all the legal fees and beg until the great PD declares, "Tout est pardonné" and gets back to work with an iron clad contract. It's of course idealistic but what do you know. That's how Citizen Kane got made after all. One of the Hollywood studios gave an avant-garde theatre director final cut and all the production facilities and army of technicians and asked him to show us something nobody has seen before. Until a Major Publication shows that kind of adventurous spirit, you probably will not get the "Citizen Kane of gaming".

JamesFaith007
05-18-2015, 09:17 PM
No, thanks.

Kojima has too specific style for working in franchise made by someone else. Such game will end as disaster - part of players would complain that it wasn't enough "Kojima" and other would be annoyed by "too Kojima" parts forced in AC game.

Sushiglutton
05-18-2015, 09:23 PM

Kojima would do wonders for the actual gameplay though.

But I want Kojima to join Platinum Game, not Ubisoft.

Platinum developing combat for AC *drools*.

If they want an outsider developer, maybe Harvey Smith of Arkane, who made Dishonored (and right now is working on the sequel or follow-up I think). Or how about Michel Ancel?! Rayman's creator and Beyond Good and Evil's developer. Wonder what he'd do with it.

But you know I'd rather Ubisoft give Kojima and whoever else money to make their games. Give money to Fumito Ueda to do whatever he wants to do, and then get on bended knees and go to Patrice Desilets' house, return his IP, all the legal fees and beg until the great PD declares, "Tout est pardonné" and gets back to work with an iron clad contract. It's of course idealistic but what do you know. That's how Citizen Kane got made after all. One of the Hollywood studios gave an avant-garde theatre director final cut and all the production facilities and army of technicians and asked him to show us something nobody has seen before. Until a Major Publication shows that kind of adventurous spirit, you probably will not get the "Citizen Kane of gaming".

Think you are right about Del Toro, but perhaps it depends on the freedom given. Ueda released his last game like what ten years ago?

Lol at "Tout est Pardonné" :D!

Kojima has a greater chance of making a CK than Patrice. Kojima is mad!

Farlander1991
05-18-2015, 09:27 PM
I think really long, over dramatic and cheesy cutscenes would be awesome for AC. The games now are so plain you forget all the scenes.

AC has too many cutscenes as it is, it doesn't need more. And I really disagree on the last part. There are lots of powerful moments that stayed with me from AC even long after I have finished the game, which, honestly, to me are more compelling and memorable than anything I've seen from Kojima so far.

The speech at Bonfire of the Vanities.
Edward overlooking the table and seeing his fallen comrades.
Connor taking off the hatchet.
And many more.

Every AC game, to me, has something that stays with me. Well, except maybe Rogue, even though that's the most recent one that I've played. Though that did have the Lisbon earthquake that stayed with me.

Anyway, no offense, but I think what you're asking for is not what would lead to a 'fresh take', but something that would make the series completely jump the shark off the rails, while now there's still a lot of very human elements that make the experience compelling to me (even though there are some shark jumping elements there and there)

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Ueda released his last game like what ten years ago?

His last game was Shadow of the Colossus. The other title is in development hell.

Kojima has a greater chance of making a CK than Patrice. Kojima is mad!

Well CK isn't a mad movie, its actually a sober, intelligent film. AC1 and AC2 is kind of like Citizen Kane. You have memories of different characters playing out and we see things and events from different perspectives through our MD protagonist, the barely seen reporter (the ancestor of the Floating Tablet in Black Flag). He has to sequence all the incidents in Kane's life to find the Piece of Eden called Rosebud but realizes that Rosebud is just an excuse to get all those stories and experiences together and Rosebud proves to be a giant shaggy dog story, just like MD-First Civ AC.

RA503
05-18-2015, 10:53 PM
will be a very curious experience,maybe AC learn how handle a good boss fight,we have to assume that AC is very weak in that aspect...

OFF : the title of this tread is very funny,is like kojima was a big fart...

Civona
05-19-2015, 02:43 AM
kojima should make something new, not get stuck working on another endless franchise

phoenix-force411
05-19-2015, 02:48 AM
Mmm... no. Just because the man has made good games does not mean he can make the positive changes AC needs.

killzab
05-19-2015, 08:22 AM

This ...

Democrito_71
05-19-2015, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't mind if Kojima directed an AC-game since he's very talented as a game director although I wouldn't like if he wrote the story for an AC-game though since all MGS games have an tendency to have too much dialogues so cutscenes can be over 10 to 20min long each.

For me it would be cool if Ubisoft let Quentin Tarantino pen down the story for an AC-game :cool:

Gin0r
05-20-2015, 08:34 AM

That... That was beautiful... *wipes tear from eye*

Gin0r
05-20-2015, 08:37 AM
For me it would be cool if Ubisoft let Quentin Tarantino pen down the story for an AC-game :cool:[/SIZE]

Let him do a trilogy!

Adewale Unchained

Inglorious Edelweiss-Pirates

Killin’ Rikkin

"Did I ever tell you what they call Templars in China?" – "They don’t call ’em Templars?" – "Nah man, they got confucianism, they wouldn’t know da f**** what a Templar is. They call them "The Eight Tigers" " – " "The Eight Tigers"... What do they call Those Who Came Before?" – "Dunno, I didn’t go to a precursor site"

Sorrosyss
05-20-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't think Kojima would suit the franchise at all. His stuff is typically Japanese with over the top dialogue and robots. I can see him bringing in cyber Desmond and all sorts of madness. :D Nay thanks.

VestigialLlama4
05-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Let him do a trilogy!

Adewale Unchained

Inglorious Edelweiss-Pirates

Killin’ Rikkin

"Did I ever tell you what they call Templars in China?" – "They don’t call ’em Templars?" – "Nah man, they got confucianism, they wouldn’t know da f**** what a Templar is. They call them "The Eight Tigers" " – " "The Eight Tigers"... What do they call Those Who Came Before?" – "Dunno, I didn’t go to a precursor site"

I think a QT AC game will be too talky. I mean it will be what more cutscenes and scripted sudden gunfights. Then the boss fight is QTE like Bill at the end of kill bill. We might get gameplay like the end of Kill Bill Part 1 fights though.

John Carpenter seems more nuts and bolts, and he's a gamer and a huge AC fan.

Megas_Doux
05-20-2015, 03:34 PM
He would improve the stealth for sure.......

Sushiglutton
05-20-2015, 04:01 PM

Yeah, perhaps he could handpick a few guys from his previous teams to lift the gameplay in general.

I don't think Kojima would suit the franchise at all. His stuff is typically Japanese with over the top dialogue and robots. I can see him bringing in cyber Desmond and all sorts of madness. :D Nay thanks.

I think cyber-Juno is right up HK's alley ;)

VestigialLlama4
05-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Yeah, perhaps he could handpick a few guys from his previous teams to lift the gameplay in general.

Kojima loves Assassin's Creed, or at least he did when Patrice Desilets ran it. His favorite was AC2.

Sushiglutton
05-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Kojima loves Assassin's Creed, or at least he did when Patrice Desilets ran it. His favorite was AC2.

Googling around this is not as far fetched I thought when I half jokingly posted this thread. So Kojima actually received some MTV award out of Jade Raymond's hands (I know she has quit Ubi now, but still). Then I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-QN-MPKEbg

Lol :D!

What are you waiting for Ubi, grab this genius and give him $200MM and full creative freedom!

ze_topazio
05-20-2015, 06:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Jwm5jsoWU

That Peace Walker easter egg, I laughed hard when I encountered it.

GunnarGunderson
05-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Kojima's games are good because it's just him, his team, and all the time he needs. Kojima would never go for the strict deadlines and huge un-syncronized worldwide development studios.

Ureh
05-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Ubi, you gotta take a leap of faith. You have to try this.

Defalt221
05-22-2015, 12:35 PM

Yeah true. He'll do what Ubi fails (or doesn't want) to do in every AC game. The bad news will be that he has a penchant for ridiculous stuffs in games. And AC is already enough of that. I'll be shocked if he makes the protagonist use teddy bears as distraction tools and hides under box carts (Though leaping into haystack is odd enough...)

CourtlyShelf2
05-22-2015, 10:03 PM
idk they already had 2 different taboo like stories the borigas which is just freaking nasty and the fact arno banged his adoptive step sister which is still nasty so its right up there for kojima sense he likes rape and all