PDA

View Full Version : For BOB: Allow damaged aircraft landing first

WereSnowleopard
07-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Hello Oleg, While I play IL2...I always watch heavy damaged bomber flew circle as tried landing but fast planes fly by and steal it's landing path. I always bit my nails as hope that wounded bomber will make it in next landing pattern before it go crashing. I noticed that in real world, damaged bomber will allow to land first even usually using special landing strip for heavy damaged A/C. I had seeing that happen in some movies (both real and Hollywood-like). What do you think?

Cheers
Snowleopard

WereSnowleopard
07-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Hello Oleg, While I play IL2...I always watch heavy damaged bomber flew circle as tried landing but fast planes fly by and steal it's landing path. I always bit my nails as hope that wounded bomber will make it in next landing pattern before it go crashing. I noticed that in real world, damaged bomber will allow to land first even usually using special landing strip for heavy damaged A/C. I had seeing that happen in some movies (both real and Hollywood-like). What do you think?

Cheers
Snowleopard

WTE_Galway
07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
that would add a fair bit too realism

also having damaged/low-fuel aircraft abort the mission and land at the nearest friendly base .. the current AI seems to be quite suicidal at times

Jetbuff
07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
How's about larger airfields with an emergency runway that damaged planes can divert to? Also if some of the runways are wide enough maybe you can land in formation.

http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg

WWSensei
07-09-2004, 11:24 AM
While it may seem "unfair" it was quite common (and even through my flying days) that damaged aircraft landing in a limited area would go last such that they wouldn't block the runway and possibly cause the loss of additional aircraft.

Vectoring to nearby fields should be something the AI would seek out though...

WereSnowleopard
07-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Yes, as good idea to have wide strip as two or three planes can take off or landing at once as we had see it in film unless may show off as CO may not allow due to high risk accident. Hey everyone, please tell us if it is true that is standard for normal process for multi-plane take off and landing unless scramble to meet bomber overhead.

Also, good idea to get nearly airfield to get active when radio for emergency landing and reply to tell where to landing like all airlines do that when airline in distress. Image how passengers' scare get worse as have to waiting for damanged airliner to landing at right but far away landing strip instead of nearly airport.

Cheers
SNowleopard

ST__Spyke
07-09-2004, 09:06 PM
ive been cut off (while heavily dammaged) by AI planes too.

My Skins (http://www.il2skins.com/?planeidfilter=all&planefamilyfilter=all&screenshotfilter=allskins&countryidfilter=all&authoridfilter=Spyke75024&historicalidfilter=all&searchkey=&action=list&ts=1086288095)