PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate story predictions

harsab
05-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, i would love to know your story predictions for ACS.

I know we haven't got enough information to do this but someones wild guess might actually be near accurate to the story when it comes out, so why not?

If we will see a sage? How Evie ties in? What will be our main objective throughout the game?

would love to see your theories!

Charles_Phipps
05-17-2015, 10:54 PM
1. I predict Evie will be the sister of Assassin Jacob Frye and she will be in charge of the Rooks' planning and operation. I predict she will be the cooler, calmer head to his hot-blooded personality and the two of them are neither especially chosen bloodlines or particularly supernatural people other than being Assassins. I predict that Jacob will do most of the legwork but will screw up somehow and Evie will need to rescue him.

2. I predict the majority of the gameplay will be taking the various districts from the Templar controlled gangs and instilling the Assassins position as the heads of the regions. I predict this will backfire in some way as the Templars retaliate in some nasty way.

3. I predict Shaun Hastings will be a descendant of Evie or Jacob.

RA503
05-17-2015, 11:05 PM
I predict that Jacob will do something wrong or became a vilain, because of his brute personality,this will prejudce the brotherhood and will cause a tension between the two brothers,Maybe we have a fight between the two. (oh crap, this is the exact same plot of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep but I will love if happens).

I hope that Jacob dies and the final mission and post game be with Evie.(and the DLC be with her as well)

interesting will be if Evie is the reincarnation of Eve and Jacob the reincarnation of The Father of understanding,because of this his fight is beyond their actual incarnations.

the game will have a misson that we infiltrate the Queen's palace,the templars lead by Karl Marx is after the Koh i noor in his scepter,Jacob touches the diamond and unlock his memories as the father of understnading,late Evie touches as well and unlock his memories as Eve.

Charles_Phipps
05-17-2015, 11:06 PM
I think it'd undermine their role as "people of the working class" to make them Alien Space Gods.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:08 PM
I predict that Jacob will do something wrong or became a vilain, because of his brute personality,this will prejudce the brotherhood and will cause a tension between the two brothers,Maybe we have a fight between the two. (oh crap, this is the exact same plot of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep but I will love if happens).

I hope that Jacob dies and the final mission and post game and ending mission be with Evie.

interesting will be if Evie is the reincarnation of Eve and Jacob the reincarnation of The Father of understanding,because of this his fight is beyond their actual incarnations.

Nice theory! could work really well if it's done correctly. Also what do you think will happen if Evie is a reincarnation of Eve? what will her purpose towards the end be? hmmmmm

Shahkulu101
05-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Evie tells Jacob "Oi mukka get iss a cuppa."

Jacob makes tea for Evie and the credits roll. The epilogue is an advertisement for $60 DLC, which is actually the rest of the game which has been cut off.

RA503
05-17-2015, 11:21 PM
I think it'd undermine their role as "people of the working class" to make them Alien Space Gods.

but Alien space gods are actually more interesting tham working class people...

Charles_Phipps
05-17-2015, 11:25 PM
but Alien space gods are actually more interesting tham working class people...

I disagree.

I think Alien Space Gods undermine their role as believable 3 dimensional characters.

Edward Kenway is, along with Ezio, the best Assassin.

Why?

Because Edward Kenway is a working class Welsh pirate. You can relate to his desire to be rich and famous. I can't relate to a guy who is a supernatural whatchamacalit.

The simplicity of his story puts him above guys who try to do too much.

Evie=Working class Assassin and badass Eliza Doolittle is awesome.

Evie=Eve's reincarnation is Stupid.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:30 PM
I disagree.

I think Alien Space Gods undermine their role as believable 3 dimensional characters.

Edward Kenway is, along with Ezio, the best Assassin.

Why?

Because Edward Kenway is a pirate.

The simplicity of his story puts him above guys who try to do too much.

He also contributed nothing to the AC Lore. We are talking about A Game that was ALWAYS based on these ''Alien Space Gods'' & what actually made this game incredibly interesting. Not ''working class people''. God damn 2015...new age AC Fans smh. Where the original AC Fans at?

Charles_Phipps
05-17-2015, 11:32 PM
He also contributed nothing to the AC Lore. We are talking about A Game that was ALWAYS based on these ''Alien Space Gods'' & what actually made this game incredibly interesting. Not ''working class people''. God damn 2015...new age AC Fans smh. Where the original AC Fans at?

Yeah, no.

Not at all.

Templars and Assassins
History
Stabbing
Strong characterization
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Alien Space Gods.

Edward Kenway was an awesome AC protagonist because he returned the story to the human element of the Assassins and their quest for freedom with a minimum focus on the Precursors who should never have been on-screen characters. They're dead, gone, and forgotten. Their tools should be left but I look forward to Juno and the Sage being destroyed forever.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Evie=Working class Assassin and badass Eliza Doolittle is awesome.

Evie=Eve's reincarnation is Stupid.

''working class Assassins'' ooooo that sounds so interesting, they should definitely not include any ''alien space gods'' and just keep it strictly historic with a pure Templar V Assassin war. That wouldn't piss off the core fans would it?

Shahkulu101
05-17-2015, 11:36 PM

Original fan here...TWCB elements are awful and ruined the series.

I mean, they're fine in the background as some sort of enigma - but to see Floating Space God's before our eyes was ridiculous and made the series far too silly looking. Not only that, they saturated the already extensive lore and the TWCB disaster plot ruined the most interesting plot point in the series which was the looming Abstergo satellite launch.

Charles_Phipps
05-17-2015, 11:38 PM
''working class Assassins'' ooooo that sounds so interesting, they should definitely not include any ''alien space gods'' and just keep it strictly historic with a pure Templar V Assassin war. That wouldn't piss off the core fans would it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_-_Black_Flag_cover.jpg

11 Million sold.

That says what AC fans thought of it, myself, included.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Yeah, no.

Not at all.

Templars and Assassins
History
Stabbing
Strong characterization
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Alien Space Gods.

Edward Kenway was an awesome AC protagonist because he returned the story to the human element of the Assassins and their quest for freedom with a minimum focus on the Precursors who should never have been on-screen characters. They're dead, gone, and forgotten. Their tools should be left but I look forward to Juno and the Sage being destroyed forever.

Yeah they're interesting to a certain point, that's not what AC is mainly about though. These ''Alien Space Gods'' u keep going on about AKA TOWCB is what most AC Fans like about the franchise. It's so bloody interesting. I Would stop playing AC if they completely took that element out. The way it's mysterious & how it ties in from thousands of years ago is genius. That's what makes AC such a unique franchise. It's downfall started with AC4, weather you like it or not. So technically you enjoyed a non AC Game.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:39 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_-_Black_Flag_cover.jpg

11 Million sold.

That says what AC fans thought of it, myself, included.

Unity sold 9 millon copies which isn't far off, so was Unity a success to most AC Fans?

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:41 PM
Original fan here...TWCB elements are awful and ruined the series.

I mean, they're fine in the background as some sort of enigma - but to see Floating Space God's before our eyes was ridiculous and made the series far too silly looking. Not only that, they saturated the already extensive lore and the TWCB disaster plot ruined the most interesting plot point in the series which was the looming Abstergo satellite launch.

Losing faith in AC Fans, it really wasn't like this on the forums a few years ago.

D.I.D.
05-17-2015, 11:41 PM
Unity sold 9 millon copies which isn't far off, so was Unity a success to most AC Fans?

In sales terms, it's arguably a bigger success, given that it was only for PC and new gen. On the other hand, the release version's bugs may have cost the franchise more in the long term. I guess we'll find out in October.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Also, can we get back on topic please i wasn't here to argue about the game, i want story predictions. Gosh.

Shahkulu101
05-17-2015, 11:43 PM
Losing faith in AC Fans, it really wasn't like this on the forums a few years ago.

Sorry to disappoint, your holiness.

harsab
05-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Sorry to disappoint, your holiness.

Your disappointment has been acknowledged, may the father of understanding guide you. lol

D.I.D.
05-17-2015, 11:59 PM

Yes it was. TWCB have always been goofy as ****, and I'm one of the people who's been saying as much forever.

If they'd been humanoid clouds of triangular shards of black glass or something, something abstract that could appear on screen and retain some mystery about what it really is, that might have worked. If they'd ever expanded on the one excellent thing about them, that their occasional appearances throughout history had inspired the legends of gods such as the Roman pantheon, that would have been fantastic.

But instead we got this ridiculous neon-hatted monarchy, and the revelation that prehistory involved a bunch of tall glass buildings and a population dressed like Star Trek extras running about in what looked suspiciously like a shopping mall. When Scientologists do this, we laugh.

harsab
05-18-2015, 12:03 AM
Yes it was. TWCB have always been goofy as ****, and I'm one of the people who's been saying as much forever.

If they'd been humanoid clouds of triangular shards of black glass or something, something abstract that could appear on screen and retain some mystery about what it really is, that might have worked. If they'd ever expanded on the one excellent thing about them, that their occasional appearances throughout history had inspired the legends of gods such as the Roman pantheon, that would have been fantastic.

But instead we got this ridiculous neon-hatted monarchy, and the revelation that prehistory involved a bunch of tall glass buildings and a population dressed like Star Trek extras running about in what looked suspiciously like a shopping mall. When Scientologists do this, we laugh.

Yeah, you lost me at ''Goofy'' back on topic please.

Namikaze_17
05-18-2015, 12:15 AM
I hope Evie isn't Eve's incarnation or some other nonsense. That'd just be poor and lazy writing.

Like seriously, just let the character be written well. She dosen't need some contrived, ancient alien stuff to be "interesting" to people.

RA503
05-18-2015, 12:17 AM
I don't want to relate to the protagonist to like him is because of this that people don't like Connors and female characters.

Alan Moore made Jack the Ripper do time travels, cause world war 2 and nearly became a god in from hell much more interesting that his boring movie conterpart...

all this represent a fight between the rational and the emotional that is more old tham humanity,the same theme of a rift between Jacob (the father) and Evie(eve),making all tied to the mithology of the series...

do a read in from for those who don't like the fantay aspect of the series...

Charles_Phipps
05-18-2015, 12:28 AM
As an apology to the OP. I expect to see the following things.

1. Jack the Ripper as a solvable murder.

2. Masonic Secret Societies w/ The Templars

3. Arthur Conan Doyle as a character you have to interact with.

4. Aleister Crowley as a Templar, possibly the Big Bad.

5. The Templars to be totally unsympathetic.

D.I.D.
05-18-2015, 12:37 AM

Sorry, but the story starts and ends in 1868. Too early for the Ripper, Arthur Conan Doyle was only 19 years old, Crowley wasn't born yet.

RA503
05-18-2015, 12:46 AM
Sorry, but the story starts and ends in 1868. Too early for the Ripper, Arthur Conan Doyle was only 19 years old, Crowley wasn't born yet.

I hope the DLC fix that...

D.I.D.
05-18-2015, 12:54 AM
I hope the DLC fix that...

I hope so. The thing that baffles me about this as regards Crowley is that they had this great teaser years ago for the Victorian period. I don't know if you remember the Project Legacy files, but the one about William Robert Woodman was the best one:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Science:_Chapter_4_-_Frater_V.O.V. [link won't work because it ends in a dot - either search the wiki for that title, or follow this tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/orfjobm ]

It involves a whole crew of fascinating people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn), including Crowley himself, and the suggestion throughout the story is that this group managed to achieve Animus-like effects without a computer system, just through ritual alone. It's also a link to the Hermeticists we last saw in Brotherhood. In real life, this unit believed in the potential of these rituals to allow communication with a set of powerful shadowy beings known as the Secret Chiefs - what a way to make TWCB interesting again, if they used that. If they skip out of this era without moving into the 1890s to cover this, then I really don't understand what they're doing at all.

RA503
05-18-2015, 01:14 AM
I hope so. The thing that baffles me about this as regards Crowley is that they had this great teaser years ago for the Victorian period. I don't know if you remember the Project Legacy files, but the one about William Robert Woodman was the best one:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Science:_Chapter_4_-_Frater_V.O.V. [link won't work because it ends in a dot - either search the wiki for that title, or follow this tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/orfjobm ]

It involves a whole crew of fascinating people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn), including Crowley himself, and the suggestion throughout the story is that this group managed to achieve Animus-like effects without a computer system, just through ritual alone. It's also a link to the Hermeticists we last saw in Brotherhood. In real life, this unit believed in the potential of these rituals to allow communication with a set of powerful shadowy beings known as the Secret Chiefs - what a way to make TWCB interesting again, if they used that. If they skip out of this era without moving into the 1890s to cover this, then I really don't understand what they're doing at all.

I know about the golden down and that project legacy open end, remember also that his simbol is a ANKH that is teased in both unity and rogue,but after I discover that the game will end in 1968 I move to the Koh i noor,maybe matters and woodman are teased in some side mission in the game like ''London Histories''. and the DLC is aroud them...

D.I.D.
05-18-2015, 01:19 AM
I know about the golden down and that project legacy open end, remember also that his simbol is a ANKH that is teased in both unity and rogue,but after I discover that the game will end in 1968 I move to the Koh i noor,maybe matters and woodman are teased in some side mission in the game like ''London Histories''. and the DLC is aroud them...

Yeah, a lot of people have been suggesting that James Green will have some connection with the Koh-i-noor. I haven't read the comic, so I don't know anything about the India story yet.

RA503
05-18-2015, 01:25 AM
I also remember now that hermetics appear in unity,in that paris history that you have to locate flamel's laboratory...

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-18-2015, 02:04 AM
I predict:

-That we'll visit the British Raj in a late sequence (like if Syndicate has 12 sequences we'll go there at about 10 or 11).

-There will be a train-top battle that ends in a spectacular explosion/derailment.

-The time-manipulation Piece Of Eden will get a mention (whether in "game" or in the Modern Day).

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Worst-Case Scenario

- Evie Frye is Evil and or Stuffed in the Fridge
- Jacob Frye becomes possessed by Eve/Adam/Whoever-the-F--k and becomes Jack the Ripper and ends by giving the Evil Laugh
- Karl Marx is the Sage and shown as a dangerous future cult leader much like Black Bart/Germain/John from IT are.
- The Game has 9 Sequences.
- We have London Stories with the similar anachronic stuff and moronic errands as UNITY's Paris Stories, so we help out Fatboy Winston Churchill in London when his Mummy has lost little Winston on a stroll through Hyde Park.
- We have to climb Big Ben by grappling up all the damn time. So no platforming, no interacting with areas, none of that awesomeness and sense of height and scale.
- We leap of faith off Big Ben on to Haystacks...
- We hang out with Queen Vicky and have a spot of tea because you know the monarch of England will just do that with two low-class louts.
- Class is non-existent in open world and we have no problems of Assassins moving between high and low areas.
- No description of ethnic diversity and other social and international issues at the time of London.

Best-Case Scenario
- The game actually takes place entirely in 1868 because thats a cool story limitation and technical challenge.
- Interesting side-missions of the variety seen in AC2-AC3.
- Evie Frye's 25% are all awesome and unique missions, feature gameplay that is totally different from her brother and she lives till the end of the game.
- Jacob Frye is actually got some hidden depths and isn't just the meathead moron we see in the promotion so far.
- We get a unique sense of architecture and Englishness that is a little more than unironic celebrations of Englishness
- We get a proper historical cast of characters and all of them play roles in the plot and story and are neither dry textbooks (AC3) or non-entities (UNITY).
- We get a nice meaty, detailed and complex storytelling that is long and satisfying to finish and replay.
- Very little First-Civ stuff and the Eve thing is a subtle and complex addition and not moronic like another reincarnating person across time, or a "Good Sage".

harsab
05-18-2015, 12:17 PM

Apology accepted, thanks for being considerate. Nice predictions would love too see Jack The Ripper in some kind of DLC

harsab
05-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Very interesting theories guys, I'm very interested in this "secret chief" & "hermetic" theories RA5 & D mention. I wasn't aware of this before & reading up on it, I'm fascinated. Would be really interesting to see in Syndicate.

harsab
05-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Worst-Case Scenario

- Evie Frye is Evil and or Stuffed in the Fridge
- Jacob Frye becomes possessed by Eve/Adam/Whoever-the-F--k and becomes Jack the Ripper and ends by giving the Evil Laugh
- Karl Marx is the Sage and shown as a dangerous future cult leader much like Black Bart/Germain/John from IT are.
- The Game has 9 Sequences.
- We have London Stories with the similar anachronic stuff and moronic errands as UNITY's Paris Stories, so we help out Fatboy Winston Churchill in London when his Mummy has lost little Winston on a stroll through Hyde Park.
- We have to climb Big Ben by grappling up all the damn time. So no platforming, no interacting with areas, none of that awesomeness and sense of height and scale.
- We leap of faith off Big Ben on to Haystacks...
- We hang out with Queen Vicky and have a spot of tea because you know the monarch of England will just do that with two low-class louts.
- Class is non-existent in open world and we have no problems of Assassins moving between high and low areas.
- No description of ethnic diversity and other social and international issues at the time of London.

Best-Case Scenario
- The game actually takes place entirely in 1868 because thats a cool story limitation and technical challenge.
- Interesting side-missions of the variety seen in AC2-AC3.
- Evie Frye's 25% are all awesome and unique missions, feature gameplay that is totally different from her brother and she lives till the end of the game.
- Jacob Frye is actually got some hidden depths and isn't just the meathead moron we see in the promotion so far.
- We get a unique sense of architecture and Englishness that is a little more than unironic celebrations of Englishness
- We get a proper historical cast of characters and all of them play roles in the plot and story and are neither dry textbooks (AC3) or non-entities (UNITY).
- We get a nice meaty, detailed and complex storytelling that is long and satisfying to finish and replay.
- Very little First-Civ stuff and the Eve thing is a subtle and complex addition and not moronic like another reincarnating person across time, or a "Good Sage".

Hmm I pretty much would love to see everything you mentioned minus the "very little first-civ stuff" though. I want lots of it lol.

D.I.D.
05-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Very interesting theories guys, I'm very interested in this "secret chief" & "hermetic" theories RA5 & D mention. I wasn't aware of this before & reading up on it, I'm fascinated. Would be really interesting to see in Syndicate.

Here's a Wiki page about the Secret Chiefs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Chiefs

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn believed in these beings who lived in some kind of parallel spiritual realm, who oversaw our reality and pulled its strings. They thought it possible to commune with them. In the fiction, in the same way that Woodman is put into a kind of un-death where he travels through history, experiencing various people's lives as though inside their bodies in a manner not unlike the Animus, meetings with the Secret Chiefs would obviously match Ezio's encounters with the First Civ.

I've been waiting for this because it would be an obvious opportunity not only to do something fresh with the First Civ, but better yet to involve some new individuals whose motives and intentions might be nothing like the three we've seen so far.

harsab
05-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Here's a Wiki page about the Secret Chiefs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Chiefs

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn believed in these beings who lived in some kind of parallel spiritual realm, who oversaw our reality and pulled its strings. They thought it possible to commune with them. In the fiction, in the same way that Woodman is put into a kind of un-death where he travels through history, experiencing various people's lives as though inside their bodies in a manner not unlike the Animus, meetings with the Secret Chiefs would obviously match Ezio's encounters with the First Civ.

I've been waiting for this because it would be an obvious opportunity not only to do something fresh with the First Civ, but better yet to involve some new individuals whose motives and intentions might be nothing like the three we've seen so far.

Very interesting, I also read about the secret Chiefs on the AC Wiki which is pretty interesting to. It could really add a new story arc to the AC Franchise. Maybe we will see them in Syndicate who knows?

D.I.D.
05-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Very interesting, I also read about the secret Chiefs on the AC Wiki which is pretty interesting to. It could really add a new story arc to the AC Franchise. Maybe we will see them in Syndicate who knows?

Only if they do some kind of flash-forward, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the only hope for this storyline is if they've already planned for a sequel later in the period, or if an expansive DLC takes us there.

Namikaze_17
05-18-2015, 01:38 PM
^ Would be hilarious if the guy from the screenshots is someone else in the late period. :rolleyes:

Though, it would explain why by we were off about Syndicate's ( formerly Victory) time going as the far as the late 70's and up.

Yeah, it's only screenshots, but the details found were very promising.

But oh well.

EDIT: Just read the wiki, I like these secret chiefs. Interesting stuff...

ze_topazio
05-18-2015, 02:16 PM
I predict the targets die.

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 02:41 PM
I predict the targets die.

I predict the game is set in London in the Victorian Age.

Nerdman3000
05-18-2015, 02:50 PM
I predict the game will possibly take place over the course of 20 years like AC2 so we can kill Jack the Ripper in 1888.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-18-2015, 02:59 PM
PLOT TWIST: They both die :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
05-18-2015, 03:01 PM
I predict the game is set in London in the Victorian Age.

I predict we will ride carriages.

I predict the game will possibly take place over the course of 20 years like AC2 so we can kill Jack the Ripper in 1888.

Sorry to disappoint you but they already confirmed the story takes place over the course of one single year.

PLOT TWIST: They both die :rolleyes:

After incest happens. :rolleyes:

Nerdman3000
05-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but they already confirmed the story takes place over the course of one single year.

Didn't they say the same for Black Flag, but it ended up taking place over the course of five years?

Namikaze_17
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Would predict bicycles, but that isn't gonna happen now.

ze_topazio
05-18-2015, 03:30 PM
If Syndicate doesn't include bicycles I will be angry for two hours.

D.I.D.
05-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Still not sure that people are thinking this through when they beg for the opportunity to kill Jack the Ripper.

1) Huge risk of it being a massive anti-climax. Hardly the first time we've chased down and killed serial killers, not even the first time of seeing a serial killer who preys on sex workers

2) It would be a pre-spoiled game. There's been a murder! Chase down the killer! Oops, he got away. There's been a murder! Oops, he got away again. Rinse and repeat nine more times before you'll be allowed to catch him. And you know this. You know this from the start.

3) The murder scenes would have to be in the game. They'd be lurid scenes of absolute horror, and you'd basically be there to gawp at mutilated women.

4) The game would be expecting you, the killer of probably 400-500 people during the average game (and that might be an underestimate) to become incensed with anger about this guy with a body count of 11. But - but he killed them casually! He's a monster! Yeah, not like you who killed those guards who were just doing their jobs, who you killed before they'd even seen you because it would have taken five more seconds to get around them, or because they were standing in front of a window via which you wanted to commit a burglary, or they had interesting letters in their pockets. The game can just about get away with pretending that you're worth rooting for, but moralising about a psychopath would be the last straw.

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Still not sure that people are thinking this through when they beg for the opportunity to kill Jack the Ripper.

1) Huge risk of it being a massive anti-climax. Hardly the first time we've chased down and killed serial killers, not even the first time of seeing a serial killer who preys on sex workers

2) It would be a pre-spoiled game. There's been a murder! Chase down the killer! Oops, he got away. There's been a murder! Oops, he got away again. Rinse and repeat nine more times before you'll be allowed to catch him. And you know this. You know this from the start.

3) The murder scenes would have to be in the game. They'd be lurid scenes of absolute horror, and you'd basically be there to gawp at mutilated women.

4) The game would be expecting you, the killer of probably 400-500 people during the average game (and that might be an underestimate) to become incensed with anger about this guy with a body count of 11. But - but he killed them casually! He's a monster! Yeah, not like you who killed those guards who were just doing their jobs, who you killed before they'd even seen you because it would have taken five more seconds to get around them, or because they were standing in front of a window via which you wanted to commit a burglary, or they had interesting letters in their pockets. The game can just about get away with pretending that you're worth rooting for, but moralising about a psychopath would be the last straw.

Aside from this there's simply the whole Superhero Paradox. An Assassin with Super-Parkour, Eagle Vision, amazing gadgets should be able to protect those women from the killer and stop him in time. The real ripper killings happened because there was zero co-operation between slum residents and the police, information was not shared, women who were threatened had nowhere to go to. If an Assassin existed, he would totally be the guy who these women could turn to. So logically, it boggles the mind, in an open-world game, to make that consistent repeated failure convincing. And even if they did, I don't know stopping Jack the Ripper after he finished ripping is not satisfying at all. Its why Batman catching Joker after he gassed the latest hundred victims in each monthly comic is not impressive.

This is also why a WW2 game can never happen, realistically, an Assassin with the abilities and freedom to influence given to us, should be able to try and stop the Holocaust or raise awareness of those crimes. You can accept Assassin involvement in WW2 on a lore-basis but not on a gameplay-level, the same in the case of Victorian London.

harsab
05-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Who thinks we will get any Shay, Arno or Connor references? I'm sure we will get Ezio & Altair but what about those 3? I wonder if they will be connected to the story in any way? Also intrigued to see where the Assassin HQ will be in london??

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Who thinks we will get any Shay, Arno or Connor references? I'm sure we will get Ezio & Altair but what about those 3? I wonder if they will be connected to the story in any way? Also intrigued to see where the Assassin HQ will be in london??

Pretty sure they might.

Heck, I would love if they would finish most of their stories in this one, but we can only hope :)

Namikaze_17
05-18-2015, 05:58 PM
I prefer no references.

But they'll happen anyway for nostalgia and feels.

harsab
05-18-2015, 06:04 PM
i would die a happy man if they included some strong refernces to recent Assassins tbh. I always wanted the Assassins to have some strong link in a game. Oh god would be so badass if we find out Shay was the villain all along in Syndicate. Then we get Arno & Connor to help Jacob & Evie. I know this is impossible due to the age gaps but one can dream.

ze_topazio
05-18-2015, 06:15 PM
References are cool, they give you warm nostalgic feelings.

Roddiemi
10-06-2015, 11:27 PM
Everything up until AC3 had a lot of strong references because they were all tied together our previous main protagonist. That is what made those games so great, and why we can't stand to see another Assassin's Creed be brought out without the introduction of a new one. I would be elated if they brought Desmond back one way or another. I have searched the internet and found loads of viable theories on how Desmond could be either alive or brought back. References are cool, but other than Rogue there hasn't been too many.

If they're smart, which they have proven so far with these past couple of games that they can fall short of that mark, Ubisoft will start answering questions to the modern day storyline questions that we have! We haven't gotten any since Desmond died! Nothing has been cut and dry, and there have been far more questions than answers.

I absolutely love this series, I have a tattoo dedicated to it. But if they don't get their crap together they'll be losing out on another loyal customer.

cawatrooper9
10-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes, references please! I hate playing an AC game that only feels tenuously connected to the franchise as a whole (for the record, I've only thought that about Unity so far, in my opinion).