PDA

View Full Version : Ambient Music

crash_1232015
05-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone! Apologies if there is already a thread for this, I havent come across it if there is one.

I am fully aware that this topic does appear again and again, but it's not without good reason. Part of what made the AC2 trilogy such a fantastic set of games was the ambient music that continuously played in the background. It created a brilliant atmosphere, specific to each location/city/district you visited. You naturally associate certain sites and sounds with each other and Jesper Kyd, the composer, did a fantastic job of the music for the AC2 trilogy. the last few AC games just havent maintained that standard in my opinion, some not even having any ambient music at all!

ACS needs to have continuous ambient music playing that changes depending on what district you are in, whether you are in a restricted zone or not, whether you are hidden or in combat, there are many different scenarios where the music can change to fit the location or situation. Ambient music will create a good atmosphere that can make you feel even more immersed in the game. That was the feeling I got when I played the AC2 trilogy (and AC1 to an extent) and the games need to be like that again.

What does everyone think? :)

Shahkulu101
05-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Pretty much everyone here agrees that ambient music is essential to the atmosphere when it comes to AC's cities.

The chief counter argument is that it takes away from the natural ambiance that goes on in the environment, but that argument only works with the frontier. When playing the Ezio trilogy I could hear the ambient music and the city sounds absolutely fine. None of them took anything away from the other. Some say it's artificial and not realistic, making exploring the city less authentic if a track is looping in the background but the how is it fine to play epic music during chase scenes and the like? Free roaming historical cities in AC is a game experience, which like combat scenarios or stealth sections, NEEDS musical accompaniment to add to the atmosphere in my opinion.