PDA

View Full Version : New "All Assassins in one image"image featuring Jacob

dimbismp
05-17-2015, 10:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rLwfcja.jpg
I have already set it as my tablet's backround image!I know that Ubi needs to hype ACS,but i find the way that the assassins are a little "disrespectful".Altair is undoubtedly the greatest assassin of all time,so he should have been in Jacob's position.I am ok with Ezio's and Connor's position,while i am not sure if Arno and Edward should also change positions.Maybe i am taking this too seriously :P

BananaBlighter
05-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Evie should be in it. I think the order they are in should be oldest at back, newest towards the front, so Ezio shouldn't be at the front.

dimbismp
05-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Evie should be in it. I think the order they are in should be oldest at back, newest towards the front, so Ezio shouldn't be at the front.
I completely disagree about the second part.The more important assassins in the order's history,aka Altair and Ezio, should be in the front.Connor should be just a little behind.Then,Jacob,Arno and Edward should take the other positions

VestigialLlama4
05-17-2015, 10:58 AM
I am trying to decipher the logic of the Arrangement. I am guessing there's a story here.

1) It's Altair-Connor-Ezio on the Left --- Jacob, Arno and Edward on the Right.

I guess Altair Connor and Ezio are the more heroic and traditional One-Man-Army type builder-redeemer of the Brotherhood while the other three on the Right are more like grunts and outriders rather than pure Assassins. Altair Connor and Ezio are all part of the Desmond Saga, while the three on the left are part of the Juno-Sage-Aita Saga.

In terms of production order, its totally random, its AC1-AC3-AC2(and sequels) on the Left, on the right you have New AC, Most Recent AC, and Even more recent AC.

2) If you look at the symmetrical arrangement- its Altair and Edward on extreme ends. Altair is the most Assassin of Assassins, since he's part of the historical period, while Edward is the least, being a pirate who turned to being an Assassin as a retirement plan to productively use and fence his contraband as well as invest his ill-gotten gains.

Then Connor and Arno are symmetrical. Paralleing their position as the most divisive protagonists of the franchise. Connor coming after Ezio was totally unlike him, and Arno was an Ezio clone. So its two philosophical extremes. Deliberately anti-Ezio, Deliberately copy-Ezio. Connor is totally original and unique, Arno is entirely user-generated and demographic targeted.

3) Ezio and Jacob paralleing each other represents the hopes of the company, they want Jacob to be face to face with the company Mascot and have Jacob feel primed and ready to stand on the same pedestal as il Principe degli Assassini.

4) The only disrespectful thing is that top hat look in the roster makes Jacob look like a bit of a tool, you can sense Altair thinking, "Guess somebody thinks he's too cool for the ceremonial dress for the company photo...kids these days." I mean he wears the hood on the Cover Art right. Why can't he wear a hood for the Photo-Op.

5) Absent are Haytham, Aveline, Adewale, Shay, Shao, Arbaaz, Nikolai and Evie. I can understand why no Haytham (playable for three totally unnessary and dumb sequences), Adewale, well he had Freedom Cry which is slightly more than the amount of playtime as Haytham. The Transmedia Trio (Shao, Arbaaz, Nikolai) I get too. But Aveline was part of Liberation(now available on XBLA) and she got a PS4 DLC, thats probably more playtime than Evie Frye in SYNDICATE since she doesn't share her game. Shay was the star of ROGUE likewise. Both of them should be in the photo.

And I don't know I feel Evie should be there otherwise I don't know it doesn't feel right.

dimbismp
05-17-2015, 11:06 AM
I have to say that i amazed by Jacob's badass HB

Legendz54
05-17-2015, 01:49 PM
I am trying to decipher the logic of the Arrangement. I am guessing there's a story here.

1) It's Altair-Connor-Ezio on the Left --- Jacob, Arno and Edward on the Right.

I guess Altair Connor and Ezio are the more heroic and traditional One-Man-Army type builder-redeemer of the Brotherhood while the other three on the Right are more like grunts and outriders rather than pure Assassins. Altair Connor and Ezio are all part of the Desmond Saga, while the three on the left are part of the Juno-Sage-Aita Saga.

In terms of production order, its totally random, its AC1-AC3-AC2(and sequels) on the Left, on the right you have New AC, Most Recent AC, and Even more recent AC.

2) If you look at the symmetrical arrangement- its Altair and Edward on extreme ends. Altair is the most Assassin of Assassins, since he's part of the historical period, while Edward is the least, being a pirate who turned to being an Assassin as a retirement plan to productively use and fence his contraband as well as invest his ill-gotten gains.

Then Connor and Arno are symmetrical. Paralleing their position as the most divisive protagonists of the franchise. Connor coming after Ezio was totally unlike him, and Arno was an Ezio clone. So its two philosophical extremes. Deliberately anti-Ezio, Deliberately copy-Ezio. Connor is totally original and unique, Arno is entirely user-generated and demographic targeted.

3) Ezio and Jacob paralleing each other represents the hopes of the company, they want Jacob to be face to face with the company Mascot and have Jacob feel primed and ready to stand on the same pedestal as il Principe degli Assassini.

4) The only disrespectful thing is that top hat look in the roster makes Jacob look like a bit of a tool, you can sense Altair thinking, "Guess somebody thinks he's too cool for the ceremonial dress for the company photo...kids these days." I mean he wears the hood on the Cover Art right. Why can't he wear a hood for the Photo-Op.

5) Absent are Haytham, Aveline, Adewale, Shay, Shao, Arbaaz, Nikolai and Evie. I can understand why no Haytham (playable for three totally unnessary and dumb sequences), Adewale, well he had Freedom Cry which is slightly more than the amount of playtime as Haytham. The Transmedia Trio (Shao, Arbaaz, Nikolai) I get too. But Aveline was part of Liberation(now available on XBLA) and she got a PS4 DLC, thats probably more playtime than Evie Frye in SYNDICATE since she doesn't share her game. Shay was the star of ROGUE likewise. Both of them should be in the photo.

And I don't know I feel Evie should be there otherwise I don't know it doesn't feel right.

I miss Desmond saga Assassins ;(

TO_M
05-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Would have been a lot more awesome if Jacob was wearing his hood imo.

JamesFaith007
05-17-2015, 02:27 PM

I think their positions have simple reason - aesthetic.

Jacob in front because he is newest.

Connor and Arno in middle because their both have weapons (sword, tomahawk) out and both their silhouettes are wider then others (except Ezio but he have hidden blades)

Edward and Altair - similarly narrow silhouettes fitting more for background.

And positions left for Ezio is beside Jacob.

No mystery or secret meaning here for me and I'm willing to bet that from similar reason in next AC Jacob and Arno would stand on opposite sides because their clothes are dark.

EmptyCrustacean
05-17-2015, 02:50 PM

Was about to post the same thing. It seems odd having Connor all the way at the back.

ze_topazio
05-17-2015, 02:57 PM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/ifalno.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/28rifee.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2cncqog.jpg

Every time they update the pic the new main character is put on the front and the rest are rearranged in whatever way it looks more aesthetically pleasing, and when space gets scarce fodders like Aveline and Nikolai are cut.

Altair1789
05-17-2015, 04:49 PM
I doubt this is why, but AltaÔr and Edward were similar in the beginning in the game. Both of their games started with them being arrogant adults. Arno and Connor were more focused on their missions (Connor's was to build the brotherhood and save his village, but Arno's was to help Elise). And then Ezio because he's Ezio and Jacob because he's new

dimbismp
05-17-2015, 04:58 PM
I hope that the future protagonists won't throw the current ones out of the picture

VestigialLlama4
05-17-2015, 05:00 PM
I hope that the future protagonists won't throw the current ones out of the picture

I can imagine that Altair and Ezio will always be there, but I think Edward will eventually supplant Connor, Arno will be gone but all that depends on Syndicate.

Democrito_71
05-17-2015, 10:32 PM

I find it very strange that Evie isn't next to Jacob. She's the second playable protagonist in ACS, she's the first playable female protagonist in the main games and she doesn't get a place next to Jacob among the previous protagonists? I'm downright surprised Ubisoft made this choice.

pacmanate
05-17-2015, 10:38 PM
I think its more so to have one main protag per game. Otherwise Nikolai would be there.

Thats why Jacob takes priority over Evie, because the game is primarily played as him,

pineal_gland
05-17-2015, 11:19 PM
http://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/1475/1-1/purple-pimp-costume.jpg

most convincing assassin to date

SixKeys
05-17-2015, 11:24 PM
I find it very strange that Evie isn't next to Jacob. She's the second playable protagonist in ACS, she's the first playable female protagonist in the main games and she doesn't get a place next to Jacob among the previous protagonists? I'm downright surprised Ubisoft made this choice.

I wish I was surprised, but I'm not.

Namikaze_17
05-18-2015, 01:06 AM
They could do one for the female Assassins, but there's only Evie and Aveline so far. :nonchalance:

That said, there should be a Templar one for Haytham, Elise, and Shay.

I doubt this is why, but AltaÔr and Edward were similar in the beginning in the game. Both of their games started with them being arrogant adults. Arno and Connor were more focused on their missions (Connor's was to build the brotherhood and save his village, but Arno's was to help Elise). And then Ezio because he's Ezio and Jacob because he's new

^ I like this theory.

Savage Baird LE
05-18-2015, 05:37 AM
Is the ground snow-covered in every new iteration of this image?

The_Kiwi_
05-19-2015, 12:39 AM
I have already set it as my tablet's backround image!I know that Ubi needs to hype ACS,but i find the way that the assassins are a little "disrespectful".Altair is undoubtedly the greatest assassin of all time,so he should have been in Jacob's position.I am ok with Ezio's and Connor's position,while i am not sure if Arno and Edward should also change positions.Maybe i am taking this too seriously :P

AltaÔr should be at the front, yes
Ezio should be near the back
Arno should be on the opposite side of Jacob and Edward should be in the middle

lothario-da-be
05-19-2015, 07:00 PM
That hat doesn't fit at all between the hoods... Jacob can wear a hood ingame and still they choose to give him a hat here. It doesn't give me a good feeling about the focus of this game. Even Edward as a pirate mostly wore his hood.

AssassinHMS
05-19-2015, 08:08 PM
That hat doesn't fit at all between the hoods...
I blame the hoods.

Jacob can wear a hood ingame and still they choose to give him a hat here. It doesn't give me a good feeling about the focus of this game. Even Edward as a pirate mostly wore his hood.

Jacobís hat may not fit this hooded Assassin fantasy but it sure helps him blend with Londonís crowds. If anything, the hat indicates that Syndicate will focus more on social stealth than its predecessors (although I doubt it).

Matknapers18
05-19-2015, 08:35 PM
How come Arno wasn't added to this when Unity came out?

I remember, the image was first created with the release of AC3. And then once AC4 was released, they added Edward. And now Syndicate has been announced they have added Jacob. But Arno never got one with Unity.

Ps. Anyone notice that with every new iteration of Assassin's Creed, they stray further away from Altair's original robes? Not a bad thing. Just thought it was interesting. Seems like every new protagonist has a decreased amount of 'white' on their costume. Aside from the Hidden Blade, Jacob and Altair have nothing in common as far as visuals are concerned.

Namikaze_17
05-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Aside from the Hidden Blade, Jacob and Altair have nothing in common as far as visuals are concerned.

^ A 700 year gap has that affect. :rolleyes:

Matknapers18
05-19-2015, 08:54 PM
^ A 700 year gap has that affect. :rolleyes:

#NamiSassConfirmed

you better watch that attitude :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
05-19-2015, 08:59 PM
#NamiSassConfirmed

you better watch that attitude :rolleyes:

I'll try. :rolleyes:

EmptyCrustacean
05-19-2015, 09:12 PM
http://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/1475/1-1/purple-pimp-costume.jpg

most convincing assassin to date

Who's that? Looks like Charlie Hunnam.

D.I.D.
05-19-2015, 09:22 PM
That hat doesn't fit at all between the hoods... Jacob can wear a hood ingame and still they choose to give him a hat here. It doesn't give me a good feeling about the focus of this game. Even Edward as a pirate mostly wore his hood.

Then they should make more assassins without hoods, and every year they'll look a little less out of place.

Man I hate the hoods.

ze_topazio
05-19-2015, 09:41 PM
How come Arno wasn't added to this when Unity came out?

I remember, the image was first created with the release of AC3. And then once AC4 was released, they added Edward. And now Syndicate has been announced they have added Jacob. But Arno never got one with Unity.

Ps. Anyone notice that with every new iteration of Assassin's Creed, they stray further away from Altair's original robes? Not a bad thing. Just thought it was interesting. Seems like every new protagonist has a decreased amount of 'white' on their costume. Aside from the Hidden Blade, Jacob and Altair have nothing in common as far as visuals are concerned.

Yeah, for some reasons they forgot to updated the pic last year.

Fan made

http://orig04.deviantart.net/400e/f/2015/136/b/7/assassin_s_creed_hd_wallpaper_4_by_tead_by_santap5 55-d8tmh3d.jpg

Namikaze_17
05-19-2015, 09:54 PM
^ That looks wayyyy better.

It's just the lighting and how everyone is positioned that makes him look "out of place". :rolleyes:

But it's a good fan-made though.

SixKeys
05-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Shay doesn't belong in there. But otherwise pretty good.

Namikaze_17
05-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Shay doesn't belong in there.

Depends on how you look at it. He initially started as an Assassin.

But yeah, I guess he shouldn't be there. :p

ze_topazio
05-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Shay belongs everywhere, Shay is love, Shay is live, the artist forgot Arbaaz Mir though.

SixKeys
05-19-2015, 11:23 PM
Shay belongs everywhere, Shay is love, Shay is live, the artist forgot Arbaaz Mir though.

There's no CG render of him.

ze_topazio
05-19-2015, 11:37 PM
There's this, with some tweaks can work.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Assassin-s-Creed-Chronicles-Titles-Get-More-Story-Details-477588-2.jpg

The_Kiwi_
05-20-2015, 12:57 AM

You speak the truth
Spread the gospel of Shay

oddyouko
05-23-2015, 09:34 PM
Pretty cool image. Though I do agree that Altair should at least be in the middle, since he's the one who started it all.

I can understand why no Haytham (playable for three totally unnessary and dumb sequences),

I really don't want to start anything here, but I just have to ask: how were Haytham's 3 sequences unnecessary? If it wasn't for him, Connor wouldn't even be here. Again, I'm just asking, and don't want to start an argument of any kind. :)

VestigialLlama4
05-24-2015, 04:09 AM
I really don't want to start anything here, but I just have to ask: how were Haytham's 3 sequences unnecessary? If it wasn't for him, Connor wouldn't even be here. Again, I'm just asking, and don't want to start an argument of any kind. :)

1) In gameplay terms, a second playable character should bring something unique and interesting to the game, specific side-quests, specific abilities and so on. Haytham does nothing that Connor cannot do and Connor does a bunch of things (treerunning, naval etc) that Haytham cannot do. So he's useless to replay.

2) Secondly, from a story perspective, nothing we see in the Haytham prologue, either in the interactive conversations or the likes really expands our understanding of him as a character and person on a second playthrough. Haytham is there just to set up a plot-twist. Once you know that twist and replay those sequences, you find that there's not much depth of character or interest there, nothing like letters to Ziio or the like. The Haytham that fans think of, this cool, British snarky guy who bosses people around comes from Connor's sequences. The one we see in the prologue is a cold, duty-bound guy who has Charles Lee fanboying around him (and Lee has a totally different personality too when he meets Connor). He also falls for this elegant Mohawk woman and that romance is more "love at first sight" than anything deep like Ezio and Sofia Sartor. But the point is ultimately this Haytham doesn't matter, the Haytham we meet in Connor's sequences is the final character that matters.

3) Upon replaying the game, i.e. playing as Haytham knowing he's a Templar, there's no secret abilities, no easter eggs, no bonus levels and no special not-mentioned but unlockable side-missions that actually gives backstory to the Templars grand plans and so on. There's nothing like you have new Full Synch options that align more with what he does as a Templar.

4) All of Haytham's missions are scripted, overly elaborate tutorials. None of them are interesting or special in comparison to Connor's William Johnson and John Pitcairn sequences. In fact everything related to Haytham is scripted in the game, which has made me suspect that he was a late addition to the game. There is the fact that the game has 12 sequences and Connor only has 9 out of those (that's less than Altair, Edward and Arno, by the way) for himself, while the first three Haytham sequences are the most scripted of the entire game. This is bad because rather than being an additional protagonist, Haytham has actually taken away from the playtime of the main protagonist but contributed nothing meaningful in return.

SixKeys
05-24-2015, 04:25 AM

It's pretty silly to argue that Haytham's sequences are necessary just because Connor wouldn't exist without him. We didn't have to play as Giovanni Auditore in AC2 for five hours just so we could get to Ezio's birth.

The_Kiwi_
05-24-2015, 06:37 AM
1) In gameplay terms, a second playable character should bring something unique and interesting to the game, specific side-quests, specific abilities and so on. Haytham does nothing that Connor cannot do and Connor does a bunch of things (treerunning, naval etc) that Haytham cannot do. So he's useless to replay.

2) Secondly, from a story perspective, nothing we see in the Haytham prologue, either in the interactive conversations or the likes really expands our understanding of him as a character and person on a second playthrough. Haytham is there just to set up a plot-twist. Once you know that twist and replay those sequences, you find that there's not much depth of character or interest there, nothing like letters to Ziio or the like. The Haytham that fans think of, this cool, British snarky guy who bosses people around comes from Connor's sequences. The one we see in the prologue is a cold, duty-bound guy who has Charles Lee fanboying around him (and Lee has a totally different personality too when he meets Connor). He also falls for this elegant Mohawk woman and that romance is more "love at first sight" than anything deep like Ezio and Sofia Sartor. But the point is ultimately this Haytham doesn't matter, the Haytham we meet in Connor's sequences is the final character that matters.

3) Upon replaying the game, i.e. playing as Haytham knowing he's a Templar, there's no secret abilities, no easter eggs, no bonus levels and no special not-mentioned but unlockable side-missions that actually gives backstory to the Templars grand plans and so on. There's nothing like you have new Full Synch options that align more with what he does as a Templar.

4) All of Haytham's missions are scripted, overly elaborate tutorials. None of them are interesting or special in comparison to Connor's William Johnson and John Pitcairn sequences. In fact everything related to Haytham is scripted in the game, which has made me suspect that he was a late addition to the game. There is the fact that the game has 12 sequences and Connor only has 9 out of those (that's less than Altair, Edward and Arno, by the way) for himself, while the first three Haytham sequences are the most scripted of the entire game. This is bad because rather than being an additional protagonist, Haytham has actually taken away from the playtime of the main protagonist but contributed nothing meaningful in return.

Without the Haytham sequences, the ending wouldn't have been as powerful
The reason we played as Haytham was because Desmond needed to find the key, and Haytham was the last known person who had it
The fate of the key was unknown by the time that Haytham passed on his last memory, so Desmond had to search through Connor to find it
Sure, Ubisoft could have just written it so Connor had it the entire time or that the Desmond crew knew that Connor had it last, but they would have had to change the story around a lot

Playing as Haytham made me care a lot about his character
Without his sequences, I wouldn't have cared that he was killed by Connor.
Without the Haytham sequences, you wouldn't have seen Ziio's and Haytham's relationship develop
Which I think was very important in understanding the character
You could tell that Haytham cared for Ziio, so what happens during the Connor sequences really makes you feel for him

VestigialLlama4
05-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Without the Haytham sequences, the ending wouldn't have been as powerful

Not really, Haytham goes down in a QTE brawl fight. Its not as hard a fight as it should be for a former player character. It should ideally have been like the Arno-Bellec dust-up in UNITY (the first real satisfying boss-fight since AC1).

The reason we played as Haytham was because Desmond needed to find the key, and Haytham was the last known person who had it
The fate of the key was unknown by the time that Haytham passed on his last memory, so Desmond had to search through Connor to find it
Sure, Ubisoft could have just written it so Connor had it the entire time or that the Desmond crew knew that Connor had it last, but they would have had to change the story around a lot

Not really, just start with Kid!Connor and have Ziio show him the Grand Temple, and say how the Great Spirit had told them to protect it but Templar Dad has the key. Then follow with a Juno vision, and boom! adventure starts. That's what narrative economy is all about.

I only cared for Haytham after reading FORSAKEN, his most sympathetic bit (supposedly saving Connor from being hanged) comes there and its not mentioned anywhere in the game. But the point is the actual climax between Connor and Haytham is a major disappointment since its not a proper boss fight. The promise with Grandmaster being playable is that when you fight him, its going to be an epic battle not a QTE dust-up. So if there's such a weak pay-off after such heavy window dressing that they might as well not have him at all.

Without the Haytham sequences, you wouldn't have seen Ziio's and Haytham's relationship develop

Well, the romance was fairly one-dimensional. White Dude saves Mohawk maiden, Mohawk maiden thinks white dude is kind of cute in a dark, brooding way. They make out. It's not really a tragic love story but a classic colonialist cliche.

Which I think was very important in understanding the character
You could tell that Haytham cared for Ziio, so what happens during the Connor sequences really makes you feel for him

The point is the only time Haytham actually expresses himself personally is in his sequences with Connor. There he gives a consistent and rational defense, the Templars are not any different from the Founding Fathers, the Templars and Assassins have a common goal of "peace", George Washington is not a very good general, his big "order, discipline, purpose" speech (which is the unofficial Templar's creed) and him stating clearly that he often wondered how things would have been if he and Ziio had stayed. Those missions give a deeper and more meaningful sense of his character than the opening sequences, which is deliberately contrived to hide Haytham's allegiance so you don't get to know him. Haytham comes alive as a character only in his interactions with Connor, without him he's not much at all. The same is true of all the other Templar recruits. AC3's white-room sequences are what gives them a sense of character, the prologue does not add to that at all. As for Charles Lee, well he's a damn shallow villain and no extended backstory can change that. When I first played AC3 I actually liked the idea of double protagonists, the whole Templar plot twist and the like. Its a great concept in theory and it is still a terrific idea (just like the French Revolution remains a great setting for a game even after UNITY ruined it). But ultimately its poorly done, overly long and Haytham is the true reason why AC3 is kind of disatissfying in the main missions at least.

I hope Syndicate doesn't follow the AC3 approach to multiple protagonists. Evie Frye shouldn't be scripted missions but provide unique gameplay and specific challenges and her missions should be fun and challenging and not a reskin of her brother, I am also hoping for missions where they work together and you can switch between them in combat and traversal in a single space.

king-hailz
05-24-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm not gonna lie... Jacob looks like a Templar standing next to those lot... because of the hood...

Namikaze_17
05-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm not gonna lie... Jacob looks like a Templar standing next to those lot... because of the hood...

And looks more practical and true to the tenet than all of them.

The_Kiwi_
05-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Not really, Haytham goes down in a QTE brawl fight. Its not as hard a fight as it should be for a former player character. It should ideally have been like the Arno-Bellec dust-up in UNITY (the first real satisfying boss-fight since AC1).

Not really, just start with Kid!Connor and have Ziio show him the Grand Temple, and say how the Great Spirit had told them to protect it but Templar Dad has the key. Then follow with a Juno vision, and boom! adventure starts. That's what narrative economy is all about.

I only cared for Haytham after reading FORSAKEN, his most sympathetic bit (supposedly saving Connor from being hanged) comes there and its not mentioned anywhere in the game. But the point is the actual climax between Connor and Haytham is a major disappointment since its not a proper boss fight. The promise with Grandmaster being playable is that when you fight him, its going to be an epic battle not a QTE dust-up. So if there's such a weak pay-off after such heavy window dressing that they might as well not have him at all.

Well, the romance was fairly one-dimensional. White Dude saves Mohawk maiden, Mohawk maiden thinks white dude is kind of cute in a dark, brooding way. They make out. It's not really a tragic love story but a classic colonialist cliche.

The point is the only time Haytham actually expresses himself personally is in his sequences with Connor. There he gives a consistent and rational defense, the Templars are not any different from the Founding Fathers, the Templars and Assassins have a common goal of "peace", George Washington is not a very good general, his big "order, discipline, purpose" speech (which is the unofficial Templar's creed) and him stating clearly that he often wondered how things would have been if he and Ziio had stayed. Those missions give a deeper and more meaningful sense of his character than the opening sequences, which is deliberately contrived to hide Haytham's allegiance so you don't get to know him. Haytham comes alive as a character only in his interactions with Connor, without him he's not much at all. The same is true of all the other Templar recruits. AC3's white-room sequences are what gives them a sense of character, the prologue does not add to that at all. As for Charles Lee, well he's a damn shallow villain and no extended backstory can change that. When I first played AC3 I actually liked the idea of double protagonists, the whole Templar plot twist and the like. Its a great concept in theory and it is still a terrific idea (just like the French Revolution remains a great setting for a game even after UNITY ruined it). But ultimately its poorly done, overly long and Haytham is the true reason why AC3 is kind of disatissfying in the main missions at least.

I hope Syndicate doesn't follow the AC3 approach to multiple protagonists. Evie Frye shouldn't be scripted missions but provide unique gameplay and specific challenges and her missions should be fun and challenging and not a reskin of her brother, I am also hoping for missions where they work together and you can switch between them in combat and traversal in a single space.

I don't agree with anything you said about Haytham/AC3
But you are entitled to an opinion

The only thing I agree with you about is the Evie thing
I think that when playing as her, it should be a different playing experience
And even though I would hate if you could switch between the characters in a mission, if you could, I would want optional objectives to change around the chosen character

oddyouko
05-24-2015, 07:12 PM
The_Kiwi_ said most of what I was thinking.

Exactly. Seeing him before the Boston Massacre, and again when Connor is imprisoned wouldn't have had a bigger impact on me if Haytham was not playable from the beginning of the game.
Even though nothing of his backstory is ever shown in AC3 (Apart from Forsaken), I still grew really attached to the guy after his 3 sequences and felt a little upset that he had to be killed.

But also back on topic: Why aren't Aveline and Jacob's sister in the final image?
Sure, Aveline only had the one game and it was on handheld, and Evie shares a percent of the missions with her brother, but I still think they deserve to be apart of the Assassin image, ya know?

SixKeys
05-24-2015, 10:17 PM
But also back on topic: Why aren't Aveline and Jacob's sister in the final image?
Sure, Aveline only had the one game and it was on handheld, and Evie shares a percent of the missions with her brother, but I still think they deserve to be apart of the Assassin image, ya know?

Because it would break the pattern of having only dudebros representing the brand. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png (Also, Shao Jun.)

Namikaze_17
05-24-2015, 10:44 PM

Because it would break the pattern of having only dudebros representing the brand. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png (Also, Shao Jun.)

Don't know why there can't be a female version? I mean, if space or representation is really an issue.