PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity GOTY/Full/Complete Edition

Bipolar Matt
05-16-2015, 06:39 PM
I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a PS4. The only game that has any real interest to me at this point is Unity, and now Syndicate.

Is there any word on a complete edition of Unity being released? With Dead Kings, Secrets of the Revolution and all the patches?

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 06:45 PM
I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a PS4. The only game that has any real interest to me at this point is Unity, and now Syndicate.

Is there any word on a complete edition of Unity being released? With Dead Kings, Secrets of the Revolution and all the patches?

I don't think there is going to be a GOTY edition mostly because UNITY is far from being a Game of the Year.

In any case Dead Kings is free, gratis. The patches have removed all the companion and APP chests as well. So a normal edition is going to be as good as Game of The Year anyway.

Bipolar Matt
05-16-2015, 07:50 PM
No, I get that. The thing is, with Internet the way it is here (10 MB DSL is where I top out at), I would be downloading patches and Dead Kings for the better part of a day.

lol. I know...not Game of the Year. Although I'm an AC junkie and will play it. And I've heard it's much better now that a lot of the bugs have been ironed out.

Charles_Phipps
05-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Bah!

Xbox One/PS4 Assassin's Creed: Rogue!

SolidNSnake1985
05-17-2015, 01:41 PM
if it wasn't for all the bugs i would Reccomend UNITY ..

however even with the Patches, the Performance of Unity remains awful "did get better" but still not there .

ze_topazio
05-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Complete editions this days ain't no longer that complete, sadly in recent times more and more of them just give you the base game with a fancy new package and codes to download all the dlc and extras, updates and patches are automatically downloaded.

In my humble opinion this pretty much destroys the purpose of this "Complete" re-editions.

The_Kiwi_
05-19-2015, 12:49 AM
if it wasn't for all the bugs i would Reccomend UNITY ..

however even with the Patches, the Performance of Unity remains awful "did get better" but still not there .

How was the performance awful?
It ran fine on PS4

And sorry OP, I doubt Ubisoft will release a Complete Edition like the AC3 Washington Edition or the AC4 Jackdaw Edition
The only DLC it really has is Dead Kings, and that was free

SolidNSnake1985
05-19-2015, 02:19 AM
How was the performance awful?
It ran fine on PS4

And sorry OP, I doubt Ubisoft will release a Complete Edition like the AC3 Washington Edition or the AC4 Jackdaw Edition
The only DLC it really has is Dead Kings, and that was free

I Wish that it ran fine on the PS4 ..

before it was Patched Ubisoft Acknowledged the issue and Patch 4 was their fix for the performance issues

sure indeed it did get better, but it remained awful

here is something to see from Digital Foundry report on Unity Performance "Patched" the frame rate dips to sub 20fps .. it is smooth however on rooftops Since there are no NPCs walking around etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIDuHISn7wU

you can Compare the performance of Unity To Black Flag (you can also check it from Digital Foundry) which had a smoother Consistent 30fps "barely budged" at 1080p on the PS4 Than Unity at 900p

yes i know Unity had more detail & NPC's and it's a risk Ubisoft took "Unnecessary NPC count" & just Poorly Optimized from the begining

and with Syndicate i'm hoping the best from Ubisoft

The_Kiwi_
05-19-2015, 03:00 AM
It ran fine on PS4, you just have high standards it seems
20fps is fine
I noticed no stuttering or choppy visuals

When people complain about frame rate I can't help but get annoyed.

Landruner
05-22-2015, 03:03 AM
20fps is fine

I ran it on the PS4 too, and sorry the frame-rate loss (especially on the NPCs) really bugs and annoys me a lot, and sorry and no offense but if you were really honest, 20 fps is not that cool for a video game (especially by today standard in video gaming). if released a decade ago, despite those issues Unity will have flight with a proud flock of seagulls, by 2014/15 it just took a dive into the ocean.
I still rally like Unity for some reason and manged to have fun with that game. but I did not really enjoy rt forgive its performance issues and other visual annoyances.

Landruner
05-22-2015, 03:07 AM

Even id they do (????) the whatever edition it could be will be realized with a season pass and codes (not on disk content) that will require you a proper internet connection in order to get them.

SolidNSnake1985
05-22-2015, 09:37 PM
20fps is fine

I'm Glad you didn't notice any Stutter in the game, but that wasn't the case for many ppl, just check the comments of that video, all were complaining about the Performance of Unity.
I Play on a 55" TV so fps dips is visible for my eyes .. and if i have high standards i would've asked for 60fps, but i know that's not possible for an open world game for this Gen system .
20fps might be acceptable on the PS3 & Xbox360 since it's been almost 10 years since they been released and their hardware is dated for developers to work with, so ppl have the right to complain since they're paying 60$ for a game on their new consoles that doesn't even Run good .

Ubisoft is at fault for not Optimizing the game, & instead they rushed it for release date

ShadowStar83x
05-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Seeing that Unity's only trophy based DLC (if you care about that) is free and it got ravaged, I doubt there will be one. Still, you can get Unity cheap now.

The_Kiwi_
05-24-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm Glad you didn't notice any Stutter in the game, but that wasn't the case for many ppl, just check the comments of that video, all were complaining about the Performance of Unity.
I Play on a 55" TV so fps dips is visible for my eyes .. and if i have high standards i would've asked for 60fps, but i know that's not possible for an open world game for this Gen system .
20fps might be acceptable on the PS3 & Xbox360 since it's been almost 10 years since they been released and their hardware is dated for developers to work with, so ppl have the right to complain since they're paying 60$ for a game on their new consoles that doesn't even Run good .

Ubisoft is at fault for not Optimizing the game, & instead they rushed it for release date

I play on a 60" 4K 3D Smart TV, yet I still saw no stuttering
The TV doesn't make a difference

Again, this all boils down to you having too high a standard
So what if it isn't 30fps? As long as it doesn't look like a flip-page animation, there is no reason to complain

People now-a-days avoid games with "bad graphics", low resolution and "low fps", or at least complain about them
I think that's really sad
People 20 years ago would have been astounded by games on the PS2, and would look at today's games and think "that's impossible"
I never lost that sense of wonder, even after all the console generations I have lived through
People need to be more appreciative and not behave like they're entitled to perfection

Landruner
05-24-2015, 05:11 PM
I play on a 60" 4K 3D Smart TV, yet I still saw no stuttering
The TV doesn't make a difference

Again, this all boils down to you having too high a standard
So what if it isn't 30fps? As long as it doesn't look like a flip-page animation, there is no reason to complain

People now-a-days avoid games with "bad graphics", low resolution and "low fps", or at least complain about them
I think that's really sad
People 20 years ago would have been astounded by games on the PS2, and would look at today's games and think "that's impossible"
I never lost that sense of wonder, even after all the console generations I have lived through
People need to be more appreciative and not behave like they're entitled to perfection

I still play games from the PS1, N64 (32/64 bits) period and I consider them graphically and performing adequately for the period they have been made some two decades ago.
Now in 2014/15, my minimum standard of expectation regarding the recent games is at least to have the frame-rate fluid and consistent, and being free of game braking bugs and glitches, or at least being polished or finished before being released.
Note that I am not asking too much, and you can't argue that my standard are too high, and AC/Unity failed to provide that.

One more thing about those old generation games is that if they were buggy, blocky or glltchy, they were no way to fix them post release (at least not on console) - Unity would have been a devastating disaster beyond repair 20 year ago.

phoenix-force411
05-24-2015, 05:26 PM
It's running fine now. Although there is a district where the framerate will dip to the lower 20s due to the amount of NPCs or just whatever. It runs smooth to play and stays at a steady 30fps for the majority.

OP, I doubt there will be a GOTY edition. Dead Kings DLC is free and they lost that profit from Dead Kings already, and so, I doubt they will give us a GOTY Edition. The other things are just small incentives that aren't really worth it unless you're a sucker for wanting a lot of things.

xRORKx
05-26-2015, 02:59 AM
IUbisoft is at fault for not Optimizing the game, & instead they rushed it for release date
So what do you want them to do ? I really don't think there'll be much room to optimaze anything without downgrading the visuals (like they did with FC4 on PS4 to get better framerate). Or just blame MS and Sony for releasing hardware with not enough power for open world games.

I was really surprised that UBI could even run a game with this much going on on my screen on PS4/One. Just remember games like AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations on a PS3. It was hard to even get constant 20fps, horrible tearing and even more horrible loading times. Compared to those games to play ACU was a real joy.

ze_topazio
05-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Performance is more important than visuals I dare say.

Deezl-V
05-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Game of the year went to Shadow Of Mordor. Game is being released soon. Unless there's more GOTY games in one year. But unity is far from that. Can it get WGOTY? (Worst game of the year).

http://img.ozgameshop.com/pc_and_video_games/games/ps4/middleearth_shadow_of_mordor_of_the_year_goty_raw. jpg

ze_topazio
05-26-2015, 03:27 PM
There are no definitive "game of the year" because there's no award with the same importance of the Oscars, the Fifa Ballon d'or, the Grammys, etc... in the game industry, so any game can claim to be a game of the year as long as they won a couple awards, got good reviews and fan acclaim.

Game of the year edition is just a complete edition with a fancy name, even meh games can get a complete editions.