PDA

View Full Version : The Adam Theory - Another Sage is among us (Spoilers)

Sorrosyss
05-16-2015, 01:41 PM
This is a very wild theory, but I'm mainly trying to make some conversation.

I always found it interesting that Blackbeard (AC4) and Bellec (Unity) had such a visual resemblance. Though portrayed by seperate actors, they do sound fairly similar as well. At the time I put it down to Ubisoft using the likeness of a staff member or some such, as neither character really resembles their voice actors.

Then the Syndicate reveal happened. Amidst the fine art of the trailer, there was another bearded gentleman who again has very similar features. Later on, Ubisoft released the fankit, with the full cover image, and the same guy can be seen again.

So why does he keep cropping up? There are already numerous theories about Evie being Eve (including mine here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1117536-Theories-behind-Evie?p=10777864&viewfull=1#post10777864)), and it has been suggested that like the sages, Eve may have found a way to reincarnate in the same fashion as Aita. It goes without saying, that if Eve managed to do this, then why not Adam? If you look at the images below, he again does look fairly similar to the other characters.

The next question is, what would Adam be attempting to achieve in said reincarnations? In AC4, Blackbeard very much tries to convince the hero Edward to abandon his goals, and takes action to try and establish a new state, free from the powers that be. In Unity, Bellec again tries to convince the hero, this time Arno, that the peace between Templars and Assassins cannot happen, and takes action of his own to keep seperation from the powers that be.

If he is here in Syndicate now, he appears to be a part of the rooks, Jacob and Evie's gang. Is he again going to try and dissuade them from their goal to attempt to takeover the underground of London? It is interesting that our main character(s) appears to be being shadowed by this individual throughout several games now. If Evie is Eve, then this would add an even more fascinating twist - what if they both realised who each other were? Cue Eden flashbacks!

Judge for yourself. Do you think this is possible? Is Ubisoft just being unimaginative with character designs? And how many straws am I clutching? :D

http://i.imgur.com/GSpVVdm.png

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 02:34 PM
I always like simple solutions. I am a follower of Friar William of Ockham. Truth is that hirsute look of black hair and beard was common among the working classes of that age. its a popular stereotype, it means poor and not having money and so not caring for proper grooming.

There's also laziness to consider. Maybe Ubisoft and their designers and animators like to stick to type. They liked Mark Bonnar and kind of want people to associate Blackbeard and actor to make UNITY familiar. UNITY is entirely built out of echoes and visual signifiers of all popular-among-whiteboys AC titles.

So Arno has the same face as Ezio despite Arno not descending from him. So is Ezio also into reincarnation:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/c09bf80f723e171f844e6a35bddb0b62/tumblr_njy158Vfgp1r6tmsdo1_500.png

I think if Adam, Eve and the sage all reincarnate, then the games lose all meaning and value. I think the Eve thing should be more subtle and mysterious, like a cultural meme associated with women and revolution, such stuff is true in our history after all. Where symbols recur all the time. Trying to literalize everything makes things worse.

Going4Quests
05-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Well, I saw the Syndicate guy and Bellec look like each other, but thanks for bringing up Blackbeard and Adam. I think I also agree on this. So if we are saying that Adam is Bellec, Leon is the Desmond ancestor?

Altair1789
05-16-2015, 05:45 PM
I think Ubi just loves using that face. Interesting to see my favorite Unity character Bellec included in something though. I wouldn't mind seeing this come true

cawatrooper9
05-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Very interesting! Not necessarily likely, but worth looking into, for sure.

rob1990312
05-16-2015, 06:47 PM
nice theory, who is the second last character

harsab
05-16-2015, 07:27 PM
I really hope we get something along those lines :( i just hope we don't get a game with hardly any AC Lore...that's my biggest fear & it started with AC4...

Sorrosyss
05-17-2015, 11:40 AM
nice theory, who is the second last character

That is the guy from Syndicate again, just from the fine art in one of the trailers.

rob1990312
05-17-2015, 02:20 PM
it will be interesting to see if he has the same voice actor as one of the other 2, id like this theory to be true

Sorrosyss
05-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Interesting, I've spotted him twice in the same promo image now. Another set of twins? The plot thickens further...

http://i.imgur.com/qxdAdcC.jpg

VestigialLlama4
05-24-2015, 04:18 AM
Interesting, I've spotted him twice in the same promo image now. Another set of twins? The plot thickens further...

They're just horribly lazy, s'all. Ubisoft's character designers tend to stick to a small set of faces.

col_96
05-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Love the idea!

Shared it on my Page :)

RinoTheBouncer
05-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Very interesting theory. Great job. Which makes me think about Clay. We know that Clay is a descendant of Adam, but maybe he isn't just a descendant, maybe he's another sage.

Sorrosyss
06-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Interesting thought I just had whilst replaying Unity.

When you first meet Bellec in the prison, he states that he has been searching many prisons to find the writing on the wall. But why? To my knowledge it is never explained what he needed it for. If it was a Brotherhood mission, you would think they would have broke him out. It seemed to me that he was there of his own volition, unbeknownst to the Brotherhood.

It is interesting that the images in question are pretty much the same seen by Germain later in the game. I.e. the images of a Sage vision. I cannot see what other possible reason Bellec had to be there, other than for his own visions. But then on top of that, how/why did he know to look in prisons for the writing? And who put them there? Or... was it Bellec all along? Arno seemed to imply it was his scribblings after all.

tommo256
06-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Yusuf Tazim looks pretty similar too, not really the same sort of character as Blackbeard and Pierre but who knows. Could be laziness, I always have so many theories with AC and then they don't eventuate to anything. If only fans could write lore