PDA

View Full Version : No RMG No Dice

Lich_Sword
05-15-2015, 09:19 PM
Pure and simple a game like MMH7 needs a RMG for longevity. MMH6 was a serious blow to the franchise when the devs decided to murder RMG; as fun as campaigns are, they are a one time linear gain and phase out quickly

RMG styled maps or even partially RMG styled maps should be at the CORE of MMH7 not an after thought. In terms of an RPG setting; RMG style maps are the equivalent of today's modern shooter's multiplayer. No one plays modern FPS anymore for the campaign setting (say but for a short list), they play them for the multiplayer; why? Because it has continuous added value.

Cutting corners and not providing RMG or some equivalent for the MMH series is a death sentence; Id rather wait it out a few extra months for a finished map generator than for a short bleak campaign line that is going to die out quickly.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. "After release promises" are about as empty as they come, Alien Colonial Marines anyone? Gearbox / Sega? The list is pretty expansive.

Point being community, hold your dollars and not your breathe until you are absolutely certain that the content you want is going to be released