PDA

View Full Version : Theories behind Evie...

harsab
05-15-2015, 08:19 PM
While everyone's complaining or just talking about gameplay mechanics in general, i'm here to talk about the STORY.

Who thinks Evie will be a reincarnation of Eve?

I think there's a reason why Ubisoft are keeping her quiet.

My Theory/Wish is that liberating districts, killing certain enemies etc are her objectives for a much bigger cause. Maybe to do with the First Civ. I think Jacob will be unaware of this till the end of the game. Also while playing as Evie imagine we have flashbacks were we go to a First Civ setting. That would literally make me not care about having a MD if that was implemented in the game.

But yeah for some reason i get a feeling Evie is something bigger then we think.

What do you guys think?

Charles_Phipps
05-15-2015, 08:31 PM
All of humanity is a direct descendant of Adam and Eve.

Sort of the point.

Especially since the evolutionary bottleneck would mean we'd all have interbred multiple times.

D.I.D.
05-15-2015, 08:37 PM
I reckon they've given her the ending, and she's the only one who can collect the PoE. They didn't have to be twins, and could have just been brother and sister, so maybe a subtle difference between them reveals something beyond DNA. The fiction has told us before that genetics in the AC world involves a further level of inherited coding, and that the animus works on this somehow. Given that Darwin's in this game too, maybe this all ties up.

It would be an interesting no-score draw if the assassins won by getting to the artefact, but the Templars won by observing how it was done. This could be the moment that sets up the next hundred years of Templar research.

harsab
05-15-2015, 08:40 PM
All of humanity is a direct descendant of Adam and Eve.

Sort of the point.

Especially since the evolutionary bottleneck would mean we'd all have interbred multiple times.

LOL, i meant in a more reincarnation way...similar to a sage. Let me correct my post, it looks misleading lol.

Namikaze_17
05-15-2015, 09:18 PM
I hope she isn't. That would just be forced and lame as hell.

Evie - i = Eve

Really!?

GunnerGalactico
05-15-2015, 09:25 PM
I don't think that Evie is an incarnation of Eve. They made her into a playable secondary character to appease fans (at least it feels that way to me).

VestigialLlama4
05-15-2015, 09:31 PM
This Eve business started as a result of Subject 16's plotline (He was Eve's descendant) and that became a real dead-end by Revelations time. Then LIBERATION revived it with the Prophecy Disk and Dead Kings talked about "the lady Eve". It always struck me as a red herring and not a very interesting one. The Sage concept is more creepy and interesting, it also dials down the First Civ silliness, taking it away from Magic Apples (though ROGUE f--ked everything up with Magic Earthquakes).

The fact is none of this really matters. What matters are the characters. Whether Evie Frye is the reincarnation of the AC Lore Eve or the Biblical Eve, it doesn't matter. Ultimately she should matter and be of interest as Evie Frye, a woman in the Victorian Era. That is what players can relate with. The Eve and all the other stuff exists solely for the purpose of fiction.

With regards to Evie, the question is very simple, either she's Evil or she's stuffed in the fridge. One of the two. The rest, how it fits into the Lore and the Juno plot and all that... that's not important.

harsab
05-15-2015, 09:31 PM
She definitely has something to do with Eve though...it seems too obvious to me. Why else would they give her that name.

Unless its a huge troll :(

harsab
05-15-2015, 09:34 PM
This Eve business started as a result of Subject 16's plotline (He was Eve's descendant) and that became a real dead-end by Revelations time. Then LIBERATION revived it with the Prophecy Disk and Dead Kings talked about "the lady Eve". It always struck me as a red herring and not a very interesting one. The Sage concept is more creepy and interesting, it also dials down the First Civ silliness, taking it away from Magic Apples (though ROGUE f--ked everything up with Magic Earthquakes).

The fact is none of this really matters. What matters are the characters. Whether Evie Frye is the reincarnation of the AC Lore Eve or the Biblical Eve, it doesn't matter. Ultimately she should matter and be of interest as Evie Frye, a woman in the Victorian Era. That is what players can relate with. The Eve and all the other stuff exists solely for the purpose of fiction.

With regards to Evie, the question is very simple, either she's Evil or she's stuffed in the fridge. One of the two. The rest, how it fits into the Lore and the Juno plot and all that... that's not important.

I'm not sure i agree, i think her being a reincarnation of Evie is VERY important. Also that Indian Assassin we see briefly ''Henry Green'' DEFINITELY could have something to do with this. If you read Brahman you know what i'm talking about...the Kohinoor only a female can Activate it? Who is the right person to do this? Evie? hmmmmmmmmm

VestigialLlama4
05-15-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure i agree, i think her being a reincarnation of Evie is VERY important. Also that Indian Assassin we see briefly ''Henry Green'' DEFINITELY could have something to do with this. If you read Brahman you know what i'm talking about...the Kohinoor only a female can Activate it? Who is the right person to do this? Evie? hmmmmmmmmm

And what possible use could activating that Diamond artefact serve? It makes the user possessed by a Goddess and unleashes force energy and kills people around. That's not exciting gameplay. That's literally God Mode. As per that same comic book, the diamond was not in London but stayed in India. The one given to the Queen, as per series Lore is a fake.

In either case, I think Ubisoft should be thinking about dialing down the First Civ and keeping them in the background as this distant threat. I don't think having the option to play Evie wielding a magical artifact is going to help matters.

Charles_Phipps
05-15-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of mind-controlling apples and Solar energy shields being fine but artificial Earthquakes being Space Magic.

We're working on that NOW.

The idea of Eve and Adam having any relevance other than being the ancestors of all humanity, though, is just stupid.

harsab
05-15-2015, 10:11 PM
And what possible use could activating that Diamond artefact serve? It makes the user possessed by a Goddess and unleashes force energy and kills people around. That's not exciting gameplay. That's literally God Mode. As per that same comic book, the diamond was not in London but stayed in India. The one given to the Queen, as per series Lore is a fake.

In either case, I think Ubisoft should be thinking about dialing down the First Civ and keeping them in the background as this distant threat. I don't think having the option to play Evie wielding a magical artifact is going to help matters.

''That's not exciting gameplay'' *facepalm* i DON'T care about ''EXCITING'' gameplay. As long as the game works & is fun i'm good with it. What makes AC what it is today is the STORY. The STORY is the most important factor for me. If the game has AMAZING ''mechanics'' but bland story then the game is a failure to me.

The_Kiwi_
05-16-2015, 12:04 AM
For dual protagonists to work, we'd need either two separate blood donors as Evie and Jacob would have different descendants, or Evie and Jacob would have had to have a child together

If there is some supernatural thing about Evie, like first civilization deus ex machina, then I won't be impressed

I think she should just be a regular character

harsab
05-16-2015, 12:23 AM
For dual protagonists to work, we'd need either two separate blood donors as Evie and Jacob would have different descendants, or Evie and Jacob would have had to have a child together

If there is some supernatural thing about Evie, like first civilization deus ex machina, then I won't be impressed

I think she should just be a regular character

It's just hard to picture her being a regular character with the name ''Evie''. Especially with Jeffrey's hints at Eve. Everything he's written AC Related has a Eve mention in there.

Charles_Phipps
05-16-2015, 12:43 AM
It's just hard to picture her being a regular character with the name ''Evie''. Especially with Jeffrey's hints at Eve. Everything he's written AC Related has a Eve mention in there.

It's possible but, really, it's such a common name and that's kind of a weird way to identify someone.

I mean, I'm not related to Charles Dorian, Prince Charles, or King Charles I.

harsab
05-16-2015, 01:41 AM
It's possible but, really, it's such a common name and that's kind of a weird way to identify someone.

I mean, I'm not related to Charles Dorian, Prince Charles, or King Charles I.

Yeah but you're also not written by Jeffrey Yohalem...if you know past AC History you know somethings up.

RA503
05-16-2015, 01:55 AM

I think in a way that the kohinoor can be implemented in the gameplay, if we will have canes in the place of swords,imagine this :

https://thehaunt13.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/wpid-10-43-31-assassins-creedc2ae-unity_20141129233844-600x350-jpg.jpeg

but a queen scepter with the kohinoor at the top that have five golden diamonds of level like the sword of eden .

http://www.craftycristian.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/The-Queen-holds-the-Orb-and-Sceptre-used-at-her-Coronation-2-June-1953..png

The kohinoor in a scepter in real life.

Sorrosyss
05-16-2015, 02:14 AM
Evie will lead us.

We have been teased about Eve pretty much since the start of the series, and I think it was very deliberate of Dead Kings to mention the Lady Eve right at the very end of it. Very much felt like a deliberate story thread.

The fact is the original Eve is/was a hybrid. She could in fact still be alive for all we know. More likely is that she may have copied what Juno did to Aita, and is reincarnating ala the Sages throughout history. It would make sense, because if she was aware of what Juno was planning (I.e. to return to the world in the future), Eve would have to be able to survive and battle her again in the future. This may have been the only way. If Juno is to return, and with the Phoenix Project it looks likely, then humanity needs Eve to 'lead us' once more.

In order to battle Juno, Eve would need allies. In this I think she has worked with the Assassins, and quietly consolidated pieces of eden where possible. What possible reason would a 'lady eve' have for raiding a crypt for an artifact? How did she know it was even down there? In my view, it's likely that she can sense them... Or hell, maybe the apple that was down there was hidden by the original Eve herself all those years ago.

How Evie ties into it I am not sure yet. But if she is Eve, or plagued by visions of Eve, I've no doubts that she will come into contact with a piece of eden at some point. Ironically, the sage that Abstergo is hunting in Victorian London may actually end up being Eve herself. Now that would be a twist, for both Assassins and Templars - and would be a great build up for the 2016 sequel. It may even give them the key to travelling back to Eden itself. I'd love to see that.

The pieces are being placed on the board. :p

I may be stretching with all this, but I remain hopeful.

RA503
05-16-2015, 02:36 AM
Eve is the dark energy of assassins creed,I never play mass effect but I know about this...

Juno needs Eve DNA because it helps the advance of project phoenix.

''only SHE ramains to be found'' line in the end of brotherhood remember ?

Charles_Phipps
05-16-2015, 03:35 AM
You may be right but I'm personally hoping she's just a badass Assassin girl.

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 05:17 AM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of mind-controlling apples and Solar energy shields being fine but artificial Earthquakes being Space Magic.

With the Apples of Eden, the Assassins and Templars have limited agency. The Apples control people's minds but that requires someone with a good deal of personal control to activate it, and the Apples control the users as much as they do other people.

Earthquake Machines trivilializes real-life tragedy. Like after the Lisbon machine, that Portuguese guy says, "God have mercy" and Shay says, "God had nothing to do with it." That is absurd and arrogant because earthquakes are entirely down to God or the laws of nature. It makes AC a comic-book world (where supervillains can reshape the tectonic plates) rather than "Like History, Except for some weird stuff to make history an open-world game."

It vastly expands the Templars and Assassins scope and agency, and it asks weird questions. Are all earthquakes because of those pivots. If the Templars held on to the box after that, does that mean that all the earthquakes in the 19th and 20th Century are caused by them, doesn't that make Shay a vastly more cuplable genocidal scumbag than what he claimed to oppose?

The point of the series (Until Rogue-Unity jumped the shark) was that Assassins and Templars fight to control events from behind the scenes but neither of them ever fully win or get what they want. That they are secret movers and shakers of world history and they keep fighting and purging each other and messing each other's plans. You also had concrete reasons for their successes and failures, the Templars assimilate and back the powerful and upper-classes while Assassins stand for the minorities, the dispossessed and the underdog. This plot served a very simple narrative function, it provides players narrative satisfaction like in AC3, even if Connor didn't save his people much (which is out of his hands), at the very least he stopped the Templars and built the Homestead. It's not much when you think about it, but it provides a little sweet with the bitter. In Black Flag, Nassau's Democracy fell to the English but Edward Kenway and Adewale became Assassins and found a better purpose.

NondairyGold
05-16-2015, 01:50 PM
With the Apples of Eden, the Assassins and Templars have limited agency. The Apples control people's minds but that requires someone with a good deal of personal control to activate it, and the Apples control the users as much as they do other people.

Earthquake Machines trivilializes real-life tragedy. Like after the Lisbon machine, that Portuguese guy says, "God have mercy" and Shay says, "God had nothing to do with it." That is absurd and arrogant because earthquakes are entirely down to God or the laws of nature. It makes AC a comic-book world (where supervillains can reshape the tectonic plates) rather than "Like History, Except for some weird stuff to make history an open-world game."

It vastly expands the Templars and Assassins scope and agency, and it asks weird questions. Are all earthquakes because of those pivots. If the Templars held on to the box after that, does that mean that all the earthquakes in the 19th and 20th Century are caused by them, doesn't that make Shay a vastly more cuplable genocidal scumbag than what he claimed to oppose?

The point of the series (Until Rogue-Unity jumped the shark) was that Assassins and Templars fight to control events from behind the scenes but neither of them ever fully win or get what they want. That they are secret movers and shakers of world history and they keep fighting and purging each other and messing each other's plans. You also had concrete reasons for their successes and failures, the Templars assimilate and back the powerful and upper-classes while Assassins stand for the minorities, the dispossessed and the underdog. This plot served a very simple narrative function, it provides players narrative satisfaction like in AC3, even if Connor didn't save his people much (which is out of his hands), at the very least he stopped the Templars and built the Homestead. It's not much when you think about it, but it provides a little sweet with the bitter. In Black Flag, Nassau's Democracy fell to the English but Edward Kenway and Adewale became Assassins and found a better purpose.

You don't need a PoE to cause an earthquake. We could do it now if we so desired, it's technically possible.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomzeller/2015/01/06/yes-fracking-can-be-directly-linked-to-earthquakes/

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 02:24 PM
You don't need a PoE to cause an earthquake. We could do it now if we so desired, it's technically possible.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomzeller/2015/01/06/yes-fracking-can-be-directly-linked-to-earthquakes/

That is not even remotely related to what I am talking about. The seismic activity triggered by fracking is still of a small scale nature and in either case that's a result of fallout of environmental exploitation. In other words, its similar to ecological concerns like the Oil drilling of oceans changing fish life or the way the ozone layer is being punched through. Real earthquakes like the one like the Haitian Earthquake in 2010 or the one in Nepal this April and the historical Lisbon Earthquake in 1755 were caused by geological fault lines, movement of plates. I would have thought that this was pretty well understood and did not require elaboration.

That kind of activity on that scale can't be caused simply by a great deal of drilling.

Going4Quests
05-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Evie will lead us.

We have been teased about Eve pretty much since the start of the series, and I think it was very deliberate of Dead Kings to mention the Lady Eve right at the very end of it. Very much felt like a deliberate story thread.

The fact is the original Eve is/was a hybrid. She could in fact still be alive for all we know. More likely is that she may have copied what Juno did to Aita, and is reincarnating ala the Sages throughout history. It would make sense, because if she was aware of what Juno was planning (I.e. to return to the world in the future), Eve would have to be able to survive and battle her again in the future. This may have been the only way. If Juno is to return, and with the Phoenix Project it looks likely, then humanity needs Eve to 'lead us' once more.

In order to battle Juno, Eve would need allies. In this I think she has worked with the Assassins, and quietly consolidated pieces of eden where possible. What possible reason would a 'lady eve' have for raiding a crypt for an artifact? How did she know it was even down there? In my view, it's likely that she can sense them... Or hell, maybe the apple that was down there was hidden by the original Eve herself all those years ago.

How Evie ties into it I am not sure yet. But if she is Eve, or plagued by visions of Eve, I've no doubts that she will come into contact with a piece of eden at some point. Ironically, the sage that Abstergo is hunting in Victorian London may actually end up being Eve herself. Now that would be a twist, for both Assassins and Templars - and would be a great build up for the 2016 sequel. It may even give them the key to travelling back to Eden itself. I'd love to see that.

The pieces are being placed on the board. :p

I may be stretching with all this, but I remain hopeful.

I think you are (partly) rigtht and this is the good way to think. Also, remember that Evie does the thinking part mostly for Jacob and is very smart? Well, I'd expect Eve to be very intelligent. ;)

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 02:41 PM
I think you are (partly) rigtht and this is the good way to think. Also, remember that Evie does the thinking part mostly for Jacob and is very smart? Well, I'd expect Eve to be very intelligent. ;)

When they say the girl is very smart and the boy is very brash, they mean Lisa and Bart Simpson. Translation: Evie will be evil or she will be fridged.

Going4Quests
05-16-2015, 02:42 PM
How can you be so sure, when so little is known?

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 02:46 PM
How can you be so sure, when so little is known?

Considering the sexist crap that was UNITY, Ubisoft will continue to remain guilty until proven innocent.

Going4Quests
05-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Well, for Syndicate they have lots of women in leading positions of development...

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Well, for Syndicate they have lots of women in leading positions of development...

That's nice and everything. It's good to employ more women in the industry but that generally has little impact on the plot and story and game they are making.

NondairyGold
05-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Ah... It is related to what you are talking about! In Rogue an advanced civilisation stabilized fault lines, with an advanced technology to help prevent natural disasters.You said a magic earthquake machine, could trigger these quakes, that wasn't what they were used for. they were put there to prevent not activate them. Right now we've the capability to trigger earthquakes if we so desired. I take it you read the article in the link?

"And as noted by the industry-run site Energy in Depth, the findings published this week — which grew out of work by researchers at Miami University of Ohio — only reinforce what was already suspected by anyone paying attention. Indeed, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources only needed a month after last spring’s quakes, which registered as high as 3.0 in magnitude and in one case was felt throughout Poland Township, to toughen its regulations on drilling near known fault lines and other areas of potential seismic activity."

If you put enough pressure on a fault line then you could potentially trigger a quake, all you need are the right numbers, something any second rate scientist could come up with.

Going4Quests
05-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, It was speculated in Rogue also that these artifacts were one of the attempts of the First Civ to stop the disaster event from happening.

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Ah... It is related to what you are talking about! In Rogue an advanced civilisation stabilized fault lines, with an advanced technology to help prevent natural disasters.You said a magic earthquake machine, could trigger these quakes, that wasn't what they were used for. they were put there to prevent not activate them. Right now we've the capability to trigger earthquakes if we so desired. I take it you read the article in the link?

"And as noted by the industry-run site Energy in Depth, the findings published this week — which grew out of work by researchers at Miami University of Ohio — only reinforce what was already suspected by anyone paying attention. Indeed, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources only needed a month after last spring’s quakes, which registered as high as 3.0 in magnitude and in one case was felt throughout Poland Township, to toughen its regulations on drilling near known fault lines and other areas of potential seismic activity."

If you put enough pressure on a fault line then you could potentially trigger a quake, all you need are the right numbers, something any second rate scientist could come up with.

Again you don't get what I am saying. Drilling like the kind you suggest hasn't caused an earthquake in terms of what most people understand by earthquakes...ground opening up, buildings crumbling, people dying in the thousands. Those kinds of earthquakes cannot be caused by drilling activity alone.

And yes I will call it magic earthquakes because the First Civ are magical beings, I don't care what pseudo-scientific stuff Ubisoft writers cook up, they are magical space-wizards and they don't matter at all.

NondairyGold
05-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Again you don't get what I am saying. Drilling like the kind you suggest hasn't caused an earthquake in terms of what most people understand by earthquakes...ground opening up, buildings crumbling, people dying in the thousands. Those kinds of earthquakes cannot be caused by drilling activity alone.

And yes I will call it magic earthquakes because the First Civ are magical beings, I don't care what pseudo-scientific stuff Ubisoft writers cook up, they are magical space-wizards and they don't matter at all.

I completely understand what you are saying, you're the one who won't accept that we have the capability to cause an earthquake on any scale on the richter scale. All you need are the right numbers (pressure per square inch) and location (fault line). If you put enough pressure on a fault line, the ground will open up. No space-wizards required :)

http://www.wired.com/2008/06/top-5-ways-that/

harsab
05-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Woah, this thread took a u turn...please stay on topic guys. I was talking about the possibilities of Evie being Eve. I really like your theories Sorro & RA5...they have me very intrigued. I just hope we get something along those lines & not just a game with no AC Lore :( one can wish.

NondairyGold
05-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Woah, this thread took a u turn...please stay on topic guys. I was talking about the possibilities of Evie being Eve. I really like your theories Sorro & RA5...they have me very intrigued. I just hope we get something along those lines & not just a game with no AC Lore :( one can wish.

Apologies :)

I feel the reason Evie hasn't been revealed in full yet is because in reality she'll be the main protagonist, Roman Britain will play a huge part in the lore, we'll find a temple dedicated to either Minerva, Jupiter or Juno, and Boudica, the warrior queen, will play a part in the lore/story somehow.

harsab
05-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Apologies :)

I feel the reason Evie hasn't been revealed in full yet is because in reality she'll be the main protagonist, Roman Britain will play a huge part in the lore, we'll find a temple dedicated to either Minerva, Jupiter or Juno, and Boudica, the warrior queen, will play a part in the lore/story somehow.

No worries! & haven't Ubi confirmed that it will be a 25-75% split...so Jacob will be the main protagonist...& i really really hope we do. I hope Jeffrey saves the lore!

EmbodyingSeven5
05-16-2015, 04:46 PM
While everyone's complaining or just talking about gameplay mechanics in general, i'm here to talk about the STORY.

Who thinks Evie will be a reincarnation of Eve?

I think there's a reason why Ubisoft are keeping her quiet.

My Theory/Wish is that liberating districts, killing certain enemies etc are her objectives for a much bigger cause. Maybe to do with the First Civ. I think Jacob will be unaware of this till the end of the game. Also while playing as Evie imagine we have flashbacks were we go to a First Civ setting. That would literally make me not care about having a MD if that was implemented in the game.

But yeah for some reason i get a feeling Evie is something bigger then we think.

What do you guys think?
cant tell you how much I love this idea.

RA503
05-16-2015, 08:56 PM
When they say the girl is very smart and the boy is very brash, they mean Lisa and Bart Simpson. Translation: Evie will be evil or she will be fridged.

VestigialLlama4 you saying in a lot of posts that Eve will die in the ending,you become more relived if I tell you that yohalem know about the fridge trope issue ?
https://twitter.com/jeffreyyohalem/status/504761527795081216

He is improving his writting,and remember that he colaborate with corey may in AC 2 in this game is the entire male members of Ezio familly that is fridged...

harsab
05-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Imagine if Jeffrey (who originally wrote ''The Truth'' videos in AC2) implements a ''the truth pt 2'' in Syndicate. Where we have to find glyphs & crack the puzzles. NOW that would be amazing.

SixKeys
05-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Imagine if Jeffrey (who originally wrote ''The Truth'' videos in AC2) implements a ''the truth pt 2'' in Syndicate. Where we have to find glyphs & crack the puzzles. NOW that would be amazing.

If only....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6FonH-rGjYQ/UuaTPvokM5I/AAAAAAAAEf4/ROMNHML_Vmc/s1600/crying-meme_large.png

harsab
05-16-2015, 11:06 PM
If only....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6FonH-rGjYQ/UuaTPvokM5I/AAAAAAAAEf4/ROMNHML_Vmc/s1600/crying-meme_large.png

One can hope! i have faith in Jeffrey!

SixKeys
05-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Me too, but I don't have faith in the higher-ups. :(

harsab
05-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Me too, but I don't have faith in the higher-ups. :(

After all the theories i had with AC Unity...unfortunately i agree. But for some reason I'm still optimistic, maybe this is the last chance. Hmmm.