PDA

View Full Version : Wingies management and other things.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi guys,

some questions about the behaviour of your wingies;

when you fly as a leader when enemy a/c are spotted i´ve realized that they engaged without previous order, is it true?

What´s the effect of break? Is it to stop fighting?

When you order RTB, what do your mates do, first rejoin or go by theirselves to the home base?

In some missions i´ve realized rottes of 109 flying together and enemy fighters nearby don´t doing anything, what happens?

In one mission i was chased by a 109 and asked for help, anybody helped me and they were there (mission acomplished message was transmitted but there were still enemy fighters). I think something goes wrong.

The green tracers 7,62 V-VS are joking, completely unreal. Take a look at CFS3 and you´ll see how must be the tracers. (one of the correct things good it has).

Incredible ¿and unreal? aiming of rear gunners. Let´s be serious, is completely possible that a rear gunner get shoots at your plane, the engine, the wings, the tail, perhaps player wounded but if you chase a bomber at 5-6-7 o´clock near (60-100m) the rear gunner cannot kill you, he can shoot you down, but cannot kill you, why? The a/c engine protects almost your whole body, only your eyes are visible and is impossible to make a shoot at your head. Think about speeds, vibrations, be real ... Another thing is that the rear gunner is quite difficult to wound. What do i suggest:

Why do i say this. I was in the Army shooting at 100-200meters a STATIC target with a machine gun and it was very difficult to get a shoot nearby.

Programmers be serious and fix this thing.

-Super very difficult to kill you.
-Rarely normal to get your a/c holed.

On the other side we see ack-ack fire quite bad at medium altitudes, and normal at low altitudes and raids.

I want to see when it comes the Spitfire, specially for comparing versus other a/c.

Good luck.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi guys,

some questions about the behaviour of your wingies;

when you fly as a leader when enemy a/c are spotted i´ve realized that they engaged without previous order, is it true?

What´s the effect of break? Is it to stop fighting?

When you order RTB, what do your mates do, first rejoin or go by theirselves to the home base?

In some missions i´ve realized rottes of 109 flying together and enemy fighters nearby don´t doing anything, what happens?

In one mission i was chased by a 109 and asked for help, anybody helped me and they were there (mission acomplished message was transmitted but there were still enemy fighters). I think something goes wrong.

The green tracers 7,62 V-VS are joking, completely unreal. Take a look at CFS3 and you´ll see how must be the tracers. (one of the correct things good it has).

Incredible ¿and unreal? aiming of rear gunners. Let´s be serious, is completely possible that a rear gunner get shoots at your plane, the engine, the wings, the tail, perhaps player wounded but if you chase a bomber at 5-6-7 o´clock near (60-100m) the rear gunner cannot kill you, he can shoot you down, but cannot kill you, why? The a/c engine protects almost your whole body, only your eyes are visible and is impossible to make a shoot at your head. Think about speeds, vibrations, be real ... Another thing is that the rear gunner is quite difficult to wound. What do i suggest:

Why do i say this. I was in the Army shooting at 100-200meters a STATIC target with a machine gun and it was very difficult to get a shoot nearby.

Programmers be serious and fix this thing.

-Super very difficult to kill you.
-Rarely normal to get your a/c holed.

On the other side we see ack-ack fire quite bad at medium altitudes, and normal at low altitudes and raids.

I want to see when it comes the Spitfire, specially for comparing versus other a/c.

Good luck.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 11:11 AM
HansvonEnde wrote, hoping for a response:

-
-
-
- when you fly as a leader when enemy a/c are spotted
- i´ve realized that they engaged without previous
- order, is it true?
-

Yes. If you don`t want them to auto matically engage, order them to `REJOIN` after that they will not engage unless fired upon first.

- What´s the effect of break? Is it to stop fighting?
-

Allows wingmen to do an emergency evasion to the left or right at your order cos you see a bogey coming on there six. You musta seen the WWII films where a pilot will shout "Break! Break!"

- When you order RTB, what do your mates do, first
- rejoin or go by theirselves to the home base?
-

This you could test and find out forself. Try it. (They will immediately go home).

- In some missions i´ve realized rottes of 109 flying
- together and enemy fighters nearby don´t doing
- anything, what happens?

Don`t understand. Not seen this. Is it campaign or QMB (I think QMB really isn`t the correct way to test planes in battle conditions, campaigns better).

-
- In one mission i was chased by a 109 and asked for
- help, anybody helped me and they were there (mission
- acomplished message was transmitted but there were
- still enemy fighters). I think something goes wrong.

You can succeed in the mission and still have to deal with enemy aircraft, or even be shot down afterwards,

-
- The green tracers 7,62 V-VS are joking, completely
- unreal. Take a look at CFS3 and you´ll see how must
- be the tracers. (one of the correct things good it
- has).

I am not an expert on WWII tracers, but CFS3 is abysmal. Bad colour tracer is nothing compared to a crap sim!

-
- Incredible ¿and unreal? aiming of rear gunners.
- Let´s be serious, is completely possible that a rear
- gunner get shoots at your plane, the engine, the
- wings, the tail, perhaps player wounded but if you
- chase a bomber at 5-6-7 o´clock near (60-100m) the
- rear gunner cannot kill you, he can shoot you down,
- but cannot kill you, why? The a/c engine protects
- almost your whole body, only your eyes are visible
- and is impossible to make a shoot at your head.
- Think about speeds, vibrations, be real ... Another
- thing is that the rear gunner is quite difficult to
- wound. What do i suggest:
-

You obviously haven`t been here long. Much talked over, Maybe this is why noone responded (it`s been done to death). Will be fixed in upcoming patch.
-
-
- I want to see when it comes the Spitfire, specially
- for comparing versus other a/c.

Spitfire will be nice. :0
-
- Good luck.

Thankyou. lol
-
-
-
-
-

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi again guy,

when i order break then appears this response: Disengaging. Disengaging is to stop fighting, isn´t it? I think you mean as an evasive action, no?

That subject of rottes of 109 i was refering a campaign.

CFS3 isn´t as bad as you think (i recognized that when i played with it after i bought it i was quite disapointed and i gave a very bad opinion of it) but it has some good features:

- The tracers are almost perfect, why do i say this? Because i´ve compared with some videos (recorded by gun cameras and from cockpits) and if you can compare by yourself you´ll see, check the frequency of tracers when shooting and for instance althought the air espiral of 20mm shell is true, but it is not the frequency and they blind you the gunsight if you keep on shooting, Tracers and shooting simulation in Il-2 are poor.

- Landscape is better in CFS3 in my opinion, but in Il-2 isn´t bad.

I think CFS3 has been badly structured.

Good luck.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Theres a few must know items for AI management.

Telling them to attack a class of target IE Attack fighters, will always get you better results than letting them attack at will.

Tell your wingman to cover you, otherwise he goes out with the rest and leaves you hanging

Dont be afraid to use TAB - 7 (Anyone help me)
they all come scrambling back to clear your six

Learn to change formations for the situation your in. Echelon right works for most A/A action

Make them tighten their formations. No real purpose, it just looks really cool after you issue 2 tighten commands.

http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/phist.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Phist25 wrote:

-
- Tell your wingman to cover you, otherwise he goes
- out with the rest and leaves you hanging

I disagree with this bit. I find whenever there`s action my wingman immediately falls behind me to cover. I have a feeling that you may have tested this on QMB or still early in Campaign, because AI gets smarter as Campaign goes on.

As for the Break command, I hardly ever use it (I never really have the time in battle), but when I do they will break away.
Basically, they are responding to something you see, but they can`t. So they immediately `break` or disengage to check the supposed threat behind them. The sim is trying to `mimic` the fact that you are giving them a warning of immediate danger behind them and they must react to it.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 08:36 PM
In all honesty, I only use the FMB to build coops. That is where the wingman just strolls off.

With my squadmates always being around, I hardly even realize there is a single player side to FB http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/phist.jpg