PDA

View Full Version : Do you want stores back in Syndicate?

Kaptain_Sparrow
05-14-2015, 06:54 PM
In contrast to previous games of the series, Unity didn't had stores, you bought weapons and clothes (+ upgrades) in the Animus with several currencies.
I personally do not like that. It just doesn't feel right, to be able to do this everywhere...
So I'd be glad to see stores back in Syndicate: There could be clothing-stores in the richer parts of London. The stores could work similar to GTA V. And of course they should sell clothes with that you'd be allowed to enter Buckingham Palace, too.
There are rumours that we'll be able to invest in London - maybe in such stores? Would be cool to buy a tailor - just because of "Kingsmen". :-)

Of course there shouldn't be weapons stores. Would be a bit too suspicious. But how about dark places next to the Thames where you could meet smugglers, selling you everything you want for the right price?

What do you think?

pacmanate
05-14-2015, 06:59 PM
I wouldnt mind the return of stores but I dont particularly miss them either.

TexasCaesar
05-14-2015, 07:09 PM
The system of Unity was awful, and in more ways than just the shop. The inventory system was an abomination. They should have used what works: a radial wheel, like Watch_Dogs, like Red Dead Redemption, like classic Ezio-era AC, but one that you can customize.

However, Ubisoft feels an impulse to "innovate" in the most meaningless of ways, which means these constant changes to weapon selection.

But I digress. I would like to see Ezio-style shops, where they're specialized (tailors sell clothes, gunsmiths sell guns, blacksmiths sell swords, etc.) and accessible from the rest of the world.

D.I.D.
05-14-2015, 10:45 PM
Hmm. not sure. I want shops to be there because I'd like to be able to visit them just for the experience of it, but then again I really liked the convenience of being able to quickly buy and swap items wherever I was in Unity.

Unity had all those businesses that weren't there to sell you anything, and those seemed more alive to me than the shops in ACIII or ACIV. If they could find a way to make the functional shops feel as natural as the ones in Unity, I suppose I wouldn't miss the loss of the menu switching.

SixKeys
05-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Nah, don't miss 'em. It's more convenient to have everything at your fingertips wherever you are, without making you travel back and forth all the time.

phoenix-force411
05-15-2015, 12:06 AM
I like the Unity system. I've always hated the need to look for shops. Unity's system was balanced. You couldn't equip everything all at once which is what made it balanced unlike Ezio who carries everything with him.

Civona
05-15-2015, 12:42 AM
You still have to go to stores to get ammo in Unity. I would prefer if you bought all your gear and ammo from Assassin Traders stationed around the city on rooftops. It makes more sense than a general store owner having everything.

But I'd also like for unlockables like paintings or whatnot to only be buyable in unique civillian stores, as well as custom colors. (once you buy a color from the tailor you should be able to switch between all of them anywhere)

The experience definitely loses something when you can magically manifest a sword rather than having to go physically get it.

When the game expects you to buy or equip items in the menu, players often forget about that. Tying it clearly to physical places is much easier for us to process, because that's the way our world actually works. And it gives selecting a weapon more consequence if you can't abandon it mid-way through a mission unless you leave the area. It feels more like a meaningful choice to do that.

All you need to do is make sure that Assassin stashes/bureaus (where you can equip bought gear) are numerous around the city.

LoyalACFan
05-15-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand it was REALLY nice to just be able to swap gear in the pause menu, but on the other, I liked the Ezio games where different shops sold different goods, it added a little atmospheric touch.

If they're going to stick with Unity's method, I'd rather have them ditch shops altogether. Screw having to run to a shop every 5 minutes for phantom blade refills.

EmbodyingSeven5
05-15-2015, 03:18 AM
co-op brought so many things I hated in unity. lack of stores, micro transactions shoved in your face, "higher level" guards who are really just larger damage sponges with no improved skill, strangely overpriced products in shops like medicine at 2000 per pop, robes that have to be customized if you want to smoothly progress through the story, which stinks because I just wanted to wear Arnos promo outfit with slight customization, over powered weapons that literally take one strike to kill others, optional finisher moves that drop the flow of combat.

........................ get as faraway as possible from unity! RUN!