PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Rogue for PC

Seaclean
05-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Hi there. I recently decided to buy Assassin's Creed Rogue after enjoying both AC III and AC IV for PC. Both games are running the same engine (AnvilNext) as AC Rogue but Rogue for PC is looking considerably more dated in terms of texture resolution/sharpness and lack of proper AA.

Does anyone have any decent tricks to amping up the graphical fidelity in Rogue? I'm already using a Reshade/Sweetfx setting and I'm trying to enforce external AA options through Nvidia inspector, but the game is looking nowhere as good as AC III does in terms of texture resolution.

I've seen a guy saying you can increase texture res and draw distance by doing the following:
"You can increase texture quality and draw distance (that is very low even on high).

Go to *Username*\Documents\Assassin's Creed Rogue\
Open AssassinRogue.ini and make this:
EnvironmentQuality=4
TextureQuality=3
After this save and make file Read only. "

But after doing this I can't see any notable difference - on the contrary it looks like its reset back to lowest settings.

Jessigirl2013
07-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Have you got AMD or NVIDIA? Rogue is optimized for NVIDIA like Unity so if running on AMD it might look subpar compared to ACIII

sonnymarce
07-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Can I upgrade my Xbox 1?

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Can I upgrade my Xbox 1?

Uh .... no :confused:

jeffies04
07-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Since the game was designed for last-gen consoles they didn't make it as beefy as the other games in terms of graphics. It's not as heavy in antialiasing and anisotropic filtering as the ones that were major PC releases. There's not a lot you can do except tweak some things in your driver settings (NVIDIA Control panel).

I noticed it at first but I got used to it pretty quickly because it's an awesome game. I still think it looks beautiful.

Jessigirl2013
07-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Since the game was designed for last-gen consoles they didn't make it as beefy as the other games in terms of graphics. It's not as heavy in antialiasing and anisotropic filtering as the ones that were major PC releases. There's not a lot you can do except tweak some things in your driver settings (NVIDIA Control panel).

I noticed it at first but I got used to it pretty quickly because it's an awesome game. I still think it looks beautiful.

By "other games" Im assuming you mean the next gen Unity.

I agree the game still looks good.;)
Only the lighting engine seems dated