PDA

View Full Version : ?,s For Cougar Owners...

GSNei
02-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Hey all -
After using my Cougar for about a year I've decided to try to learn to program it. The manual is a little daunting to me so I guess I'll start with the tutorials in Foxy. My question is, can I create a profile that can "turn down" the stick sensitivity on a particular axses, and can I map views to the microstick that will move as fast as the hat switch or mouse? I'm actually fine with the button mapping that I can get straight from the FB control menu, but I would realley like to turn down the pitch sesitivity.

GSNei
02-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Hey all -
After using my Cougar for about a year I've decided to try to learn to program it. The manual is a little daunting to me so I guess I'll start with the tutorials in Foxy. My question is, can I create a profile that can "turn down" the stick sensitivity on a particular axses, and can I map views to the microstick that will move as fast as the hat switch or mouse? I'm actually fine with the button mapping that I can get straight from the FB control menu, but I would realley like to turn down the pitch sesitivity.

Slammin_
02-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Your best bet would be to go to CougarWorld but in short, you can actually assign your Range knob to dynamically alter your axis curves.

A USE MICROSTICK AS MOUSE (12, 10, 4) statement will cause your microstick to become a mouse.

chris455
02-26-2004, 11:19 AM
You can also alter your axes in the Cougar Control Panel.

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/P47.jpg

GSNei
02-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanx for the replies - I actually did go to Cougar World but I haven't been able to get into the forums for the last couple days so I tried here. Do you think the Foxy tutorials as good a place to start as any?

JG14_Josf
02-26-2004, 02:00 PM
I also use the Cougar Control Panel to modify an Axis profile.

The Cougar stick requires and loads a default Axis profile. I load my own profile during every joystick reboot and I also manually recalibrate with the CCP every time the stick is reloaded.

Foxy is great for programing button functions but the CCP works just fine for those axis shaping chores that are not avaialble in the IL2 control setup.

The IL2 hardware control setup is where I modify elevator, ailerion and rudder axis and the IL2 hardware control setup is also where I setup the mouse sensitivity for mouse look on the micro stick.

The following line command works to setup the microstick for mouse look with Foxy:

USE MICROSTICK AS MOUSE (12, 10) - NO_BUTTON

You may find it usefull to add this additional line in your .tmj file:
BTN T SHF F1

With the microstick button set to Shift F1 it is possible to look with the microstick and toggle the gunsight view when trying to look around canopy bars.