PDA

View Full Version : The one weapon AC Syndicate is strangely missing

Fatal-Feit
05-13-2015, 11:59 PM
The Pivot Blade. :eek:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2xzmUFlL1r56pdzo1_500.jpg

I mean, Syndicate has this thing about concealed weapons, so I just find it strange that this weapon is not present, considering how hidden and practical it is.

Democrito_71
05-14-2015, 12:07 AM
The pivot blade was a really cool addition to AC3 but I think the weapons Jacob has already, are just fine as it is imo. It would be too much if his weaponry were too advanced as it is with the grappling hook and all. It would be cool if Evie had a pivot blade since she's a master of stealth:cool:

Namikaze_17
05-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Ah, good point.

Hopefully it's an add-on of some sort as the game progresses.

MaceoniK
05-14-2015, 12:16 AM
The Pivot Blade. :eek:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2xzmUFlL1r56pdzo1_500.jpg

This has always been my favourite hidden blade design, could definitely have been implemented as well, considering the projectile launcher is on top of the wrist and the rope launcher to the side of the hidden blade - http://static.trueachievements.com/customimages/039795.jpg

Civona
05-14-2015, 12:52 AM
I like the pivot blade just fine, but I don't see how it's "more hidden" than the normal model.

Fatal-Feit
05-14-2015, 01:32 AM
I like the pivot blade just fine, but I don't see how it's "more hidden" than the normal model.

It's not, that's not the point. Unlike normal hidden blades, the pivot blade was made for combat, so it would be ideal for what the developers are aiming for, which are concealed melee weapons.

Civona
05-14-2015, 01:39 AM
It's not, that's not the point. Unlike normal hidden blades, the pivot blade was made for combat, so it would be ideal for what the developers are aiming for, which are concealed melee weapons.

It's still made for stabbing rather than hacking and slashing. Jacob's knife seems more formidable than something you could hide in a gauntlet, and he's wearing a coat that could easily conceal it, so he might as well use it.

I like the fact that they've focused on making the hidden blade used only for silent kills. it makes it seem more like it has a purpose, as opposed to AC3 and 4 where every weapon could do pretty much the same things.

To be honest I also prefer the normal hidden blade, and only having one of them. It makes double assassinations cooler, and sometimes simpler designs are more interesting to me.

ze_topazio
05-14-2015, 01:40 AM
Not a big fan of the pivot blade but why not.

HiddenKiller612
05-14-2015, 01:48 AM
I always thought the pivot blade was more geared for Hunting... so you could use it to skin the animals.... Nah, I think it'd be a bit much to have the gauntlet of gadgets with a pivoting blade. The kukri machete is much better imo...

Fatal-Feit
05-14-2015, 04:38 AM
It's still made for stabbing rather than hacking and slashing. Jacob's knife seems more formidable than something you could hide in a gauntlet, and he's wearing a coat that could easily conceal it, so he might as well use it.

It's made for stabbing, okay, but that doesn't mean it can't evolve to improve other things. Hookblade, Hidden Gun, Phantom Blade, Poison Blade, etc, etc. The hidden blade have became less and less special over the years, but that's due to an abundant of other tools being the forefront of gameplay. i.e Blowpipe, Rope Darts, Firearms, etc

His coat can also conceal a mace if he wanted. :p It's really a preference thing when it comes down to it. But for the sake of debate, I disagree. The Pivot Blade would be more formidable since it's deceptive and easier to sheath or unsheathe, especially mid combat.

I like the fact that they've focused on making the hidden blade used only for silent kills. it makes it seem more like it has a purpose, as opposed to AC3 and 4 where every weapon could do pretty much the same things.

That was true in Unity, but the Assassin Gauntlet is equipped with a mechanism for stealth (Hallucinogenic Darts) and navigation (Rope Launcher), so they could have taken it a step further w/ the Pivot Blade for combat.

To be honest I also prefer the normal hidden blade, and only having one of them. It makes double assassinations cooler, and sometimes simpler designs are more interesting to me.

I do too, but the Assassin Gauntlet isn't a normal Hidden Blade, it's equipped w/ a Rope Launcher and Hallucinogenic Darts. There's already a lot on the plate so adding the Pivot Blade won't change its already copious design.

NondairyGold
05-14-2015, 05:30 PM
The pivot blade is my favourite too, but this looks like that this is going to be my new favourite weapon!! Dual wielding cane... amazing. It'll be similar to Connor using his Tomahawk and knife, brutal.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Cane_zpshagp9gpe.jpg

Going4Quests
05-14-2015, 05:36 PM
I wish there was a blade design that had the pivot, but also the extender that Ezio had in Revelations. This together with the new glove of Syndicate, with the rope launcher and phantom blade. Well, guess that'd be too OP, all blades in one.

m4r-k7
05-14-2015, 05:47 PM
The pivot blade is my favourite too, but this looks like that this is going to be my new favourite weapon!! Dual wielding cane... amazing. It'll be similar to Connor using his Tomahawk and knife, brutal.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/Cane_zpshagp9gpe.jpg

I don't understand this weapon lol its awesome don't get me wrong but are we actually able to dual wield this or are we just using the small dagger that came out of it - I thought it was supposed to be a sword. And where does that blade at the end of the cane stick out from. They did mention that they are saving the cane for a future reveal so maybe it will have different uses?

Shahkulu101
05-14-2015, 05:51 PM
If we are using hand to hand (and small knives) combat for encounters then how will a sword cane even come in to play? Maybe there are some melee weapons fights but they are much less frequent. Either that or we just whale on poor fools with nothing to defend themselves - which would be easy and boring.

m4r-k7
05-14-2015, 05:57 PM
If we are using hand to hand (and small knives) combat for encounters then how will a sword cane even come in to play? Maybe there are some melee weapons fights but they are much less frequent. Either that or we just whale on poor fools with nothing to defend themselves - which would be easy and boring.

I imagine the gang wars / brawls are purely related to fist-fighting whereas fighting Templar guards / maybe Police you will use the dagger and sword. Also, during the gang war Jacob did use his revolver to finish a guy off - I felt pretty bad for the guy as he had no guns lol

m4r-k7
05-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Ooooooh this clears things up, its a small sword and a scythe...cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXA_M6G7xnY&ab_channel=Assassin%27sCreed

Shahkulu101
05-14-2015, 06:05 PM
I imagine the gang wars / brawls are purely related to fist-fighting whereas fighting Templar guards / maybe Police you will use the dagger and sword. Also, during the gang war Jacob did use his revolver to finish a guy off - I felt pretty bad for the guy as he had no guns lol

Killing police at that time was highly questionable. Almost the equivalent of walking up to a police officer today and stabbing them in the middle of daylight. Not like it was saintly killing the Borgia guards or anything but the police force in London at that time were respected. Maybe we use it on the Templar's own private guard.

NondairyGold
05-14-2015, 06:09 PM
As the new mentor is Indian,

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/UlysessJDuckett/11140088_1585785941687504_5918366816803964752_n_zp s2xaob9zv.jpg

it's use will be something similar to this I'm guessing??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFHkVVLJpsI

m4r-k7
05-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Killing police at that time was highly questionable. Almost the equivalent of walking up to a police officer today and stabbing them in the middle of daylight. Not like it was saintly killing the Borgia guards or anything but the police force in London at that time were respected. Maybe we use it on the Templar's own private guard.

Yup, the police were respected. However, in the demo the developer said that in some locations the Police will be roaming about so I imagine if you get into conflict near them they will come and try to fight / arrest you.

BananaBlighter
05-14-2015, 08:02 PM

I think the pivot blade would be awesome, but I'm fine with regular hidden blade combat. I disagree that you should only use the hidden blade for stealth kills. I found that in previous game the hidden blade combat looked way cooler, but didn't do the same thing as the sword. I is much harder to fight with hidden blades in Black Flag rather than swords. Breaking defense is harder and then it takes way more hits to finish someone off such as a captain after stunning or brute after breaking defense. I hope hidden blade combat returns. Maybe we see it only used as a finisher like the pistol in the demo, but it should be there in some way or another. After all, Jacob did actually use it in that trailer that showed off the weapons and combat. I also want the grappling hook to be used in combat similar to how you could chain attacks in AC3/4/Ro or simply as a finisher too. In AC4 I always went around with either the rope dart and hidden blade, or fists and money.

Going4Quests
05-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Or use the grapple hook in combat as in Just Cause 2/3 :P

Mr.Black24
05-15-2015, 04:20 AM
I would make the Hidden Blade a harder weapon to use in combat like in AC1. In AC1, timing was everything, if you weren't quick enough, you'd get cut. It was perfect since, like in real life, you have to time counter attacks and plan out how to finish off the enemy as quick as possible. Plus, unlike the other games, it had realistic combat of striking the opponent just enough to kill him. One or two moves to stun, the last to kill. Watch Altair fight with the Hidden Blade in AC1, compared in the other games, and you'll see how ridiculous the other movesets are compared to an actual martial arts based fighting style in the first game. One does not need to strike an opponent 17 times, if you can kill him in 3 to 2 key moves. And they were brutal too!

And I agree with Fatal, the Pivot Blade is a Hunting/Fighting blade, why not have the English Assassins adopt this weapon too? Especially since its all knives and clubs now, and the Pivot Blade fits well in hidden weaponry...especially since its a Hidden Blade in the first place!