PDA

View Full Version : full dynamic campaign

Domientje
05-13-2004, 12:27 PM
hellow guys ,

to get back to the full dynamic campaign.

I also think thats it also a shame that there's gone be no full dynamic campaign.

That we should not go to the bridge as we going to the patrol zone is also a shame.

WE must do the ''grid map travel session '' instead of going to the bridge.

But look to the bright side guys.

Those screenshots looks awesome.

The 3D-crew is magnificant and the u-boat interior is really beautifull.

The water is stunning and the surface ships and merchant are really beautifull also.

I think that if there's a non-action moment in the game that we have our hands full with preparing our crew to good organised positions, to send repair team,loading torpedos,studying the map.

And just look tho our wonderfull 3D-crew who are operating the u-boot in its wonderfull interior.

Just the mood of the lights and the wheels and gauges who been operated by that wonderfull crew.

HMMMMMM

Greetz to ya all

Domientje
05-13-2004, 12:27 PM
hellow guys ,

to get back to the full dynamic campaign.

I also think thats it also a shame that there's gone be no full dynamic campaign.

That we should not go to the bridge as we going to the patrol zone is also a shame.

WE must do the ''grid map travel session '' instead of going to the bridge.

But look to the bright side guys.

Those screenshots looks awesome.

The 3D-crew is magnificant and the u-boat interior is really beautifull.

The water is stunning and the surface ships and merchant are really beautifull also.

I think that if there's a non-action moment in the game that we have our hands full with preparing our crew to good organised positions, to send repair team,loading torpedos,studying the map.

And just look tho our wonderfull 3D-crew who are operating the u-boot in its wonderfull interior.

Just the mood of the lights and the wheels and gauges who been operated by that wonderfull crew.

HMMMMMM

Greetz to ya all

Heracles87
05-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Stunning graphics dont add much to replayablity. I'll pass.

misha1967
05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
If I want to watch a scripted version of U-boat combat with absolutely stunningly realistic graphics, I can already do so.

I'll just pop "Das Boot" in the DVD player.

HeibgesU999
05-13-2004, 08:34 PM
silent hunter 1 had a pop to patrol zone and pop back to base interface too. you could only go anywhere you wanted within your patrol zone.

and the germans were ten times more centralized than the u.s. submarines were.

i don't see this as being a problem. especially if they have a lot of different patrol zones. it seems that a uboat only really patroled 1 square at a time. so the uboat moved from grid sqare to grid square to grid square over the course of a patrol.

and hopefully you will be able to have multiple random encounters during the trip from and back to base.

but the missions themselves must be fully randomized.

basically, the uncertainty of knowing that at any time of the day or night you could get a contact (visual, sound, radar, radardetector), in any direction, at visibility/seastate appropriate ranges, at appropriate speeds, exhibiting appropriate AI behavior, any possible appropriate warship, convoy, aircraft units.

....and maybe a fleet of fishing boats around the norwegian and french coasts.

missions should be designed to reward captains who can keep their boats at sea a long time...

...and the fire control system should be designed to reward captains who take their shots from 1000m and under.

i do really like backing my uboat into the pens.

Domientje
05-14-2004, 07:17 AM
hey guys,

don't attack me !!

I also preffer a fully dynamic campain.
But maybe they will change their minds .

I just wanna say that we have some nice stuff too.

Here are the goodys (i think).

- Fully 3D interior
- Nice watereffects
- A complete 3D u-boat crew !!!! (the best )
- Panvieuw of 360? on all the locations you
can go.
- Nicely detailed merchants and battleships
- Crew managemant (repairing things etc.)
- We can do everything by ourself too
- Nice mood in the interior (lights,gauges,pipes,valves,hatches,crew etc.)

I think that its gonna be a topper.

''But everyone don't thinks the same''!!!!

Greetzz

Tallaght
05-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Now if this campaign is going to be like SH1 in that you simply 'arrive' at your patrol destination that's too bad. Hopefully you don't have to 'win' each mission to progress either. I'm no fan of 'scripted' missions, and would love a 'true' dynamic campaign. BUT if this is what we are going to get (and i still think Ubisoft is off its F$%*ing head with this 'scripted' idea), then we MUST have one of the patrol area's the Bay of Biscay. When setting out OR returning from patrol U-Boats were often attacked and/or sunk in the Bay. To be able to waltz through this veritable 'valley of death' is just plain stupid. So at the start of each 'mission' you have to cross Biscay and at the 'edge' of Biscay you 'jump' to your patrol area. Ditto for returning from patrol, you 'jump' to Biscay and have to cross it to reach port. At least this would inject some much needed realism into the mission/campaign structure.

HeibgesU999
05-20-2004, 12:43 PM
or at the very least, the Bay should be an area with a very high chance of an encounter.

Capt.LoneRanger
05-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Sorry, but to say the German subs had a more centralized operational area than US-subs is Bravo Sierra.

US-subs operated as largely as fleetcover, reconaisance and were assigned very specific areas to patrol. These were in the area of the main ports and the supply routes.

German subs operated in the nothern sea, east of England, north beyond the polar circle, west along Greenland, Island up to the US-coast and down to southern Africa, the Mediterranian sea and, as we know from the history books the indian see to some extend (not forgetting the subs that were used to deliver nuclear-material, plans and gold to Japan...)

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7182/1703abcdefg.gif

HeibgesU999
05-20-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry, in centralized I meant their command authority, not that they were centralized in a certain location.

RedTerex
05-21-2004, 12:12 AM
Misha1967 says quote "...If I want to watch a scripted version of U-boat combat with absolutely stunningly realistic graphics, I can already do so.

I'll just pop "Das Boot" in the DVD player..."

And I say that I have to agree.

No Dynamic Campaign and scripted..( fixed ) battles and locales will sink this sim game faster than a 6 x torpedoed destroyer!
Did I use the word "SIM GAME" oops sorry about that; I meant Arcade game.

I will still purchase SH3 for the eye candy though and after a week or so of anticipated 'scripted' boredom will return to the 'Pacific Aces' patched game of SH2.

I'm not to keen on sinking British Ships in a U-boat as it is. why didnt they make it a US SUb game..Hell the Pacific is like VAST to cruise around.

Just griping folks I do apologise. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

RedTerex

Capt.LoneRanger
05-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Okay, then I got that wrong, HeibgesU999.

But the US-Subs were largely seen as a part of the fleet, so the structure was even more rigid, than the Germans tactic, they even used for battleships. They were both assigned to lone hit&run-missions, sometimes not even assigned a specific area, in case somebody could tell their position.

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7182/1703abcdefg.gif

Megahurt
05-21-2004, 01:44 AM
I really wanted to set out of port and just fish for tonnage where ever i wanted. respond to sightings and yes, take up a patrol area, when ordered. But radioing for respupply and racking up tonnage on a 6 month cruise woulda kept one mission going for a long time on my pc.
Scripted missions? Sad Sad sad.

CB..
05-21-2004, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megahurt:
I really wanted to set out of port and just fish for tonnage where ever i wanted. respond to sightings and yes, take up a patrol area, when ordered. But radioing for respupply and racking up tonnage on a 6 month cruise woulda kept one mission going for a long time on my pc.
Scripted missions? Sad Sad sad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i reckon that's the key you know...as yu say this would keep one mission going for a very long time...given the save game works spot on..

osros
05-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Its dissapointing to learn about the pre packaged missions without a free roaming option. It just another case of catering to the masses to put out something less realistic so that it will be easier and appeal to a bigger market. And of course I understand its will make more money for them. But will it in the long run?

I see games that are targeted in this way and in a short time its wears off and in the bargin bin for $9.95.

But real SIMULATORS that are priased for its level of detail and gameplay & replay that become popular almost never get old and stay priced at $40 - $50 for a much longer time even as long as the next update of the same game.

The sad thing is if we dont get a true D C and a true simulator with SH3 I dont think we will see anything for a long time. I pray that the Modders out there can correct the short sightedness of the Dev's.

CB..
05-21-2004, 10:27 AM
i belive if we can edit the campaign missions to include the passage of randomised convoys ,shipping etc thru the patrol zones spread out over many weeks of game time...and that the ressuplly works well AND the save game functions perfectly...(absolutely vital) then at least we will be able to get the maximum amount of gameplay out of each mission...allowing ...as Megahurt said...us to play each mission for a long enough time (with the save facility perhaps even be still on mission one after many sessions of play)

even with the patrol zone limitations this should allow the player to temporarily "forget" at least for a while, about the other issues...

maybe this is indeed what they have allready worked into the campaign?
if so then it will probably be just about live-able with..