PDA

View Full Version : On a Scale of 1-10 How Excited Are You For AC Syndicate?

king-hailz
05-13-2015, 07:19 AM
I did this poll when we just had the Victory leaks and the majority of votes were in the last 5... So now that we have seen a lot of this game what do you think?

Personally this is the least excited I've ever been for an AC game, it's not all this games fault but it's because of unity too...

So what do you think???

X_xWolverinEx_X
05-13-2015, 07:23 AM
9 got more hype for it than i did for unity (i never had any for unity and it turned out meh to most people so its a sign)

pacmanate
05-13-2015, 07:39 AM
5 - but not in a bad way.

its like what Rogue did to me, I knew what to expect seeing as it was Black Flag 2 so my hype was "meh". Loved playing it though.

Take out the grappling hook and the carriages and this could have passed as a Unity demo. Although I'm not bothered. I want a more polished Unity with a few added things and that seems to be what we will get. So at the moment I have nothing to be excited for because the parkour, animations, going in buildings etc isn't new anymore.

The weird thing for me is I won't get any hype until I play the games story, thats all that matters now. We know the mechanics are going to be good from Unity but story story story.

X_xWolverinEx_X
05-13-2015, 07:53 AM
whoever picked one your a ****ing idiot probably just some twelvie who rides on the hate bandwagon

Aphex_Tim
05-13-2015, 07:54 AM
I voted 2. I don't hate it but I am not the least bit excited for it either... Which is a shame really., though I kind of expected it when the first images leaked. I think I've finally just grown a bit AC-weary. London is nice but these videos really just didn't convince me. The new stuff like the carriages and grapple hook seem very -(and I hate using this word)- gimmicky to me and doesn't look like I personally would enjoy using. If anything, watching the gameplay video just made me want to play Unity again.

But hey, I wasn't even the slightest bit excited for Black Flag either and look how that turned out. So We'll just have to wait and see! :)

pirate1802
05-13-2015, 08:02 AM
About 3.14/10. I find less and less easy to get hyped about ACs these days. I see the trailers and all I can think of is.. wow this all looks so like last year.

Shahkulu101
05-13-2015, 08:44 AM
About a 6. Setting looks great, grappling hook looks fun and fluid and carriages look like they really add to navigation. However it's far too similar to what we've had in the past, I expected a Unity 2.0 but everything from the animations (although we have to keep in mind these might change) to the main mechanics is exactly the same. And while I like carriages as a means of travel the GTA-esque chases look extremely silly when he's running over people and lamp posts. Combat also looks kind of weird, too fast and not authentic looking at all. The whole gang thing they've got going on is potentially interesting, as we've seen with Black Flag the Assassin's Creed series works well when you aren't just an Assassin. Instead of piracy though, we've got ourselves a historical Saints Row of sorts.

All that said, if the gameplay is fine and the story is great it will still go down as a good one in my books. And from what we've saw, the story looks promising - loved the character interaction at the start of the trailer. I think people are being a bit too doom and gloom - I mean it's only one trailer - but hey at least if it's amazing it will be a surprise.

shobhit7777777
05-13-2015, 09:47 AM
It was the most insipid, uninspired and gimmicky gameplay video I've ever seen. ACS could very well be my next AC3.

Yep, this is where I get off the AC train.

VestigialLlama4
05-13-2015, 11:54 AM
I didn't think BLACK FLAG was all that much when we saw that sleazy launch trailer but the game proved to be a very special surprise. So I have similar expecations for Syndicate as I do Black Flag and maybe Syndicate will surprise me, if not, nothing ventured, nothing lost. Though I did give Black Flag the benefit of the doubt since the Pirate Era was fairly untouched, especially from the pro-Pirate perspective.

Unlike UNITY which had the richest potential for any AC game and turned out to be a colossal disappointment on every single level, Syndicate can work on modest size and ambitions, perhaps.

Creatively I think Victorian London is a terrible era. The Elizabethan period would have been way better.

D.I.D.
05-13-2015, 12:13 PM
How is 5 "Meh"? :)

I can't vote because I don't feel like we've got enough information to judge it. Maybe it's for the best that we aren't seeing anything like enough people for it to be Victorian London yet, because that way they can add population to the limits of the system rather than being obligated to provide the same crowd density seen in the teasers. I think they're doing the right thing by showing alpha footage which will improve, rather than risking the charge of "downgrade!". Unity seemed to have made a rod for its own back with the teaser footage, unable to back off from the target it had set for itself.

I think they're showing us one of the least impressive neighbourhoods so that they're saving as much back about the game as possible, so I won't judge the location on the scene we saw. I hope most of these newly built areas feel new in the game, and that there's a good sense of this era as a period very conscious of its own modernity. That's often lost in dramatisations.

I'm intrigued by the choice of 1868 and 1868 only, as much as it's a disappointment to my hopes. I really wanted a later setting for all kinds of reasons, not least in order to see every architectural development that the Victorian age had to offer, and ideally I'd have liked to have seen a long story in order to witness the city changing before our eyes. I hope this means they've got a special reason for this choice, and that it's going to be a better story than one stretched across decades.

VestigialLlama4
05-13-2015, 12:22 PM
I think they're showing us one of the least impressive neighbourhoods so that they're saving as much back about the game as possible, so I won't judge the location on the scene we saw. I hope most of these newly built areas feel new in the game, and that there's a good sense of this era as a period very conscious of its own modernity. That's often lost in dramatisations.

You know I have a weird feeling that this game has been severely downgraded or nerfed from the original idea. The first Kotaku leak showed an older-looking more competent guy.

My crackpot theory was that UNITY was going to be this relaunch and intended to be the success and they hoped to use Frenchzio for a few annual releases. There's no reason to make Arno so Ezio-esque if they wanted him to be a one-game guy. After that failure, they decided to push up VICTORY, a title that suggests a vaster scope and bigger timeline. So the idea was that they'll make VICTORY the annual release. I don't think that was entirely supported so someone at Ubisoft leaked the reveal at a time when UNITY was still in after-launch. So the game was rushed and made into something smaller in scope and more limited in ambition to meet the annual deadline and they changed the title to Syndicate to reflect that. If Syndicate is successful then the second game will be a sequel in a later Victorian era.

I'm intrigued by the choice of 1868 and 1868 only, as much as it's a disappointment to my hopes. I really wanted a later setting for all kinds of reasons, not least in order to see every architectural development that the Victorian age had to offer, and ideally I'd have liked to have seen a long story in order to witness the city changing before our eyes. I hope this means they've got a special reason for this choice, and that it's going to be a better story than one stretched across decades.

1868 is a nice middle-ground, it's one year after Karl Marx published Das Kapital, Part 1 (the only volume of that book published in his lifetime) and two years before Charles D-ckens died, and three years before Darwin published The Descent of Man, his key work on human evolution.

The only other reason for choosing such a limited timeline is if the heroes die at the end of the game. You know, live fast, die young, that's the gangster way.

SixKeys
05-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Right now maybe 3 or 4. I'm holding out hope that Jeffrey Yohalem can do something interesting with the story, I'm excited about Evie, and I've always loved the setting, but....so far the gameplay hasn't impressed me at all.

Shahkulu101
05-13-2015, 12:37 PM
I know the initial Kotaku leak was target footage, but I SO hope London resembles something like that.

The graphics were actually quite disappointing, not much better than Unity and the colours looked washed out. Subject to change of course.

D.I.D.
05-13-2015, 12:40 PM
You know I have a weird feeling that this game has been severely downgraded or nerfed from the original idea. The first Kotaku leak showed an older-looking more competent guy.

My crackpot theory was that UNITY was going to be this relaunch and intended to be the success and they hoped to use Frenchzio for a few annual releases. There's no reason to make Arno so Ezio-esque if they wanted him to be a one-game guy. After that failure, they decided to push up VICTORY, a title that suggests a vaster scope and bigger timeline. So the idea was that they'll make VICTORY the annual release. I don't think that was entirely supported so someone at Ubisoft leaked the reveal at a time when UNITY was still in after-launch. So the game was rushed and made into something smaller in scope and more limited in ambition to meet the annual deadline and they changed the title to Syndicate to reflect that. If Syndicate is successful then the second game will be a sequel in a later Victorian era.

1868 is a nice middle-ground, it's one year after Karl Marx published Das Kapital, Part 1 (the only volume of that book published in his lifetime) and two years before Charles D-ckens died, and three years before Darwin published The Descent of Man, his key work on human evolution.

The only other reason for choosing such a limited timeline is if the heroes die at the end of the game. You know, live fast, die young, that's the gangster way.

Yeah, I guess that's possible. The tools they demonstrated for building Paris in Unity are very impressive, and I guess they could make a great core city and just update it to fit a new era, maybe add a new satellite town or two in the sequels to maintain novelty.

It is weird that the target footage looked like a later era, had later clothing fashions, evidence of electric indoor lighting and advertising of products that didn't exist until much later. If what you suspect is true, maybe Syndicate is the kind of game that would have been modelled on that core city but in reverse: a Revelations-style prequel project built as quickly as possible on the work they've already done for "Victory", in a panic over the fallout from Unity (and after all, Ubisoft would have known they had a disaster on their hands long before the release of Unity).

Then again, all of this could be wrong. They did say before Unity came out that the studios were now working to a "one game, one era, one character" framework.

SixKeys
05-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Yeah, the setting being so washed out was one of the biggest disappointments to me. I was hoping for foggy streets and stralking our prey in pouring rain through dark streets. I know AC should strive to avoid clichés, but with Victorian London, atmosphere is so, so important.

SixKeys
05-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Then again, all of this could be wrong. They did say before Unity came out that the studios were now working to a "one game, one era, one character" framework.

Except for Unity having the "time rifts" (aka multiple eras) and Syndicate having two protagonists. :rolleyes: I don't think even Ubi has a clear idea what they're doing anymore.

Sabutto
05-13-2015, 12:51 PM
About 3.14/10. I find less and less easy to get hyped about ACs these days. I see the trailers and all I can think of is.. wow this all looks so like last year.

Pretty much this. but im more at 6/10

D.I.D.
05-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Except for Unity having the "time rifts" (aka multiple eras) and Syndicate having two protagonists. :rolleyes: I don't think even Ubi has a clear idea what they're doing anymore.

True :) I think it's pretty clear that Syndicate is really Jacob's game, from what the devs have said, just as Arkham City remained Batman's game. I hope whatever tools they have for monitoring player usage of the characters is better than the ones we see in Initiates, and that players make good use of Evie. I don't think I'm going to be free-roaming as Jacob at all. It's his fault for not choosing a better tailor.

Sorrosyss
05-13-2015, 01:04 PM
5 for me.

I'm very much on the fence. I was excited about being able to play as Evie, but they went out of their way not to talk about it in the reveal, which leads me to believe it will be minor content at best.

Beyond that disappointment, my main concerns have always been with the story after Unity. Nothing in the reveal really grabbed me, and with not even a brief mention of the modern day or first civ, I have a horrid feeling it's going to be a shallow affair there just like Unity. I'd be beyond happy to be wrong though.

Looking at the gameplay. Meh. Grappling hook just smacks of an Arkham ripoff. The carriages look really undriveable. The stealth walking animation looks awkward. The combat is comically too fast, with the animations seemingly not connecting. Eagle vision barely resembles it's previous incarnations. I'm not feeling the top hat. And to top it all, there is obvious performance issues in the video. I know it's supposed early footage, but it's very worrying to see.

The cut of multiplayer smacks of yet another rush job to get this to the market. I just hope the development time saved from the multiplayer exclusion means they can have a good QA period to iron out issues before launch. But hey, this is Ubisoft. I am not filled with optimism, but remain hopeful they prove me wrong.

harsab
05-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah, the setting being so washed out was one of the biggest disappointments to me. I was hoping for foggy streets and stralking our prey in pouring rain through dark streets. I know AC should strive to avoid clichés, but with Victorian London, atmosphere is so, so important.

How do you know we can't do that yet? they literally have just showed ONE mission atm. What if at E3 they will show us a mission in the night where its dark & foggy. Then will you be impressed?

D.I.D.
05-13-2015, 01:16 PM
How do you know we can't do that yet? they literally have just showed ONE mission atm. What if at E3 they will show us a mission in the night where its dark & foggy. Then will you be impressed?

It would have been odd to have seen environmental effects in alpha footage, certainly.

In a way, I'm quite glad the first sight of Syndicate was an ordinary sunny day. We do have those :)

VestigialLlama4
05-13-2015, 01:21 PM
It is weird that the target footage looked like a later era, had later clothing fashions, evidence of electric indoor lighting and advertising of products that didn't exist until much later.

That's why I felt the game was nerfed. We'll of course never know until the secret podcast with loomer four months after Syndicate's release where the writer drops a hint or two about the original idea and shrugs "the game is the game".

The design philosophy of AC has shifted radically. Between AC1-AC3 it was each numbered sequel gets new setting, new protagonist. When AC2 became this hit, and AC3 still in planning stages, they decided to release annual titles to make more games about Ezio. AC2 was big jump from AC1, AC3 was a big jump over AC2. People complained that AC2 was more linear and scripted then AC1, and AC3 was even moreso over AC2 but the point is each numbered release was a jump forward in terms of open-world, style, features and new implements added. AC3 had a weather system, natural landscape and freerunning accomodated for that and it introduced naval. And much like AC2, it provided a bunch of assets and features to spin annual releases until the next numbered release. Only here the philosophy starts to shift.

AC3's assets were considerable that Black Flag could harvest it, in the tradition of a great B-Movie using sets of Hollywood epics, to make an awesome game that accomplished more in a year than Brotherhood and Revelations did in their time-frame. It was also far more liked then AC3 (which often happened with B-Movies) and from this you can sense a change in ideas. AC3 followed on from AC2's historical tourism in portraying a complex historical story and greater and in-depth plot and character and all the assets were invented to accomodate that. From this, Ubisoft learned the wrong lessons. They slapped a Number IV on Black Flag and adopted a purely mercenary philosophy to all titles. Now there's no big A-Movie epic that sets the tone for the next few games, followed by quirky B-Movie titles that had a niche concept, until the next Banner project, now its all about producing assets to recycle and reuse. UNITY was all about reusing a core design and simplistic gameplay but no advancements in story, theme, moral complexity, open-world features, historical immersion. Its just a dumb toy and tech-demo.

I always felt Annualization was misunderstood on forums, because the concept until Black Flag was fairly smart. The big numbered titles would be broad mass-appeal eras but the smaller quirky non-numbered eras would have places like Istanbul, and likewise feature the Pirate Era, which were unlikely to be tackled in the major Numbered titles. This was the old Hollywood philosophy, they would put blockbusters like Gone with the wind but the sets of those films will be reused for say crime movies, pirate movies, horror movies and the like, you know tactical reuse of existing assets to cut costs and put out more volume and that produced many great movies. This had a problem in that it put more responsibility on the Numbered Titles, so AC3 ended up being over-written and having too much stuff, and muddying things up with White Dad. With UNITY, they decided to simply focus on building assets and not innovating at all, thinking they could get away instead. Now Annualization is worse then ever, because settings and eras no longer matter, its just putting out one dumb toy every year without any concrete goal or grand plan to work towards.

The only way forward is that Ubisoft need to reboot it, go back to the Crusades. Or the other alternative is go the Red Violin route and make it more experimental. They can also go to the past, Ancient Egypt, or they can go to Asia (Japan or China), but I think the saturation has prevented this early next-gen phase from producing something good. The conventional AC historical open world is dead, UNITY finished that for good.

Namikaze_17
05-13-2015, 01:24 PM
6 - Some things could've been better here and there, but I like what I'm seeing thus far. I'm glad there were flaws in some parts than being portrayed as "perfect" right off the bat. It's honest and I respect that.

That aside, I keep in mind that this is pre-alpha as things will gradually change and improve over time.

DA SHIZZLE IG
05-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Gave it a 5

Reminds me too much of unity and looks like a side game/filler. It's like they're still filling out the new systems and the new game engine with unity and this game.

More importantly though, this game will be ignored because actual next gen games are dropping this year.

BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT
THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT

king-hailz
05-13-2015, 01:53 PM
9 got more hype for it than i did for unity (i never had any for unity and it turned out meh to most people so its a sign)

I wasn't excited for Unity in the slightest either, and it turned out exactly how I expected... AC3 is the only game I've ever really been disappointed with... So if this is how i expect it wont be very good...

Xstantin
05-13-2015, 03:26 PM
6-7, it'll grow on me when I see the city I guess.

Megas_Doux
05-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Low, my reasons:

1 Corey May.
2 London looks meh, brown and washed out. A year ago at least Paris had me interested, I get Paris is way better than London to begin with, but I´m not liking what I´ve seen so far.
3 Combat seems pretty one man army-ish.
4 The outfit is awful.

pacmanate
05-13-2015, 03:39 PM
5 for me aswell idk about you guys but this is the first game I have seen a reveal at and feel like i didn't see anything that intresting.

Thats because there is no major changes at all. I feel the same way but at the same time like the idea of a refined Unity so I am just hoping as always that the story is good

Namikaze_17
05-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Low, my reasons:

1 Corey May.
2 London looks meh, brown and washed out. A year ago at least Paris had me interested, I get Paris is way better than London to begin with, but I´m liking what I´ve seen so far.
3 Combat seems pretty one man army-ish.
4 The outfit is awful.

1) The writer is Yohalem.
2) To be fair, it is only one part of London. :p
3) Too soon to tell. I don't think that'll be the final product though.
4) To each his own. I think it fits everything just fine.

pacmanate
05-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Also you can customise the outfit. I didn't like Arnos default clothes.

Democrito_71
05-13-2015, 03:44 PM
I voted a 9 since Ubi are solely focusing on creating a great single player experience so I think Syndicate will be a great game like Black Flag was compared to AC3. I also like this dual protagonist mechanic so maybe the story will turn out great too, hopefully :cool:

Megas_Doux
05-13-2015, 03:49 PM
1) The writer is Yohalem.
2) To be fair, it is only one part of London. :p
3) Too soon to tell. I don't think that'll be the final product though.
4) To each his own. I think it fits everything just fine.

1 Corey may is the narrative director.
2 I know, but still the colour palette is what it is, at least for now.
3 Yes , but since the huge "Unity is super hard, I can´t take down 5 five enemies and kill them in 10 seconds, whah, whah, whah" feedback and based on what I seen, I get that feeling.
4 It surely fits, but it looks bad. I liked the leak outfit better.

Namikaze_17
05-13-2015, 03:58 PM
1 Corey may is the narrative director.
2 I know, but still the colour palette is what it is, at least for now.
3 Yes , but since the huge "Unity is super hard, I can´t take down 5 five enemies and kill them in 10 seconds, whah, whah, whah" feedback and based on what I seen, I get that feeling.
4 It surely fits, but it looks bad. I liked the leak outfit better.

1) Oh. Well best to give him another chance. I'm iffy with Yohalem as the writer, but I'll give him a shot.
2) I suppose so. Best to see more first before judging.
3) Yeah, hopefully that's not the case. They just need to slow it down as all. The Ai wasn't really reacting either, so we'll just have to wait and see more.
4) I actually feel the opposite. The leak outfit just looked so impractical and out of place to me. And don't get me started on that ridiculous Assassin insignia.

Megas_Doux
05-13-2015, 04:20 PM
1) Oh. Well best to give him another chance. I'm iffy with Yohalem as the writer, but I'll give him a shot.
2) I suppose so. Best to see more first before judging.
3) Yeah, hopefully that's not the case. They just need to slow it down as all. The Ai wasn't really reacting either, so we'll just have to wait and see more.
4) I actually feel the opposite. The leak outfit just looked so impractical and out of place to me. And don't get me started on that ridiculous Assassin insignia.

You have a valid points!

Thing is I´m bitter at the moment, after all I´m on verge of saying good bye to Assassin´s Creed and I don´t like that feeling.....

harsab
05-13-2015, 04:22 PM
You have a valid points!

Thing is I´m bitter at the moment, after all I´m on verge of saying good bye to Assassin´s Creed and I don´t like that feeling.....

As soon as you see that CGI trailer at E3 & new gameplay in the dark foggy atmosphere you'll be back on the hype train.

rrebe
05-13-2015, 04:43 PM
I voted a 9 since Ubi are solely focusing on creating a great single player experience so I think Syndicate will be a great game like Black Flag was compared to AC3. I also like this dual protagonist mechanic so maybe the story will turn out great too, hopefully :cool:

Exactly!

I voted 8. I'm excited about the game but not too much. I refuse to jump in the hype train.. :rolleyes:

Democrito_71
05-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Exactly!

I voted 8. I'm excited about the game but not too much. I refuse to jump in the hype train.. :rolleyes:

haha yes exactly! For me, it's better to board the hype train when you actually gotten your hands on the game and started playing it.
Jumping on the hype train this early only creates overly high expectations that might disappoint those who have too high expectations on how the game in reality will turn out. I'm very intrigued by the concept of "Gangs of New York" vibe in Victorian London and I'm very excited for Syndicate, although I'm avoiding the hype train till I play it on release to avoid having too much expectations.:cool:

XavierSaviour
05-13-2015, 05:24 PM
5 = meh!

I'm not very excited by the announcement of Syndicate, I feel a bit bored now and let down by Unity. The buildings looks the same, the carriage driving looks like it's going to cause me problems chasing after people and people are talking about cut & paste the animations are and I'm sure it's going to be buggy or even buggier than Unity, since it's 30% bigger. I don't care how big the map is, it's about quality not quantity.

I feel stupid knowing that I should've waited last 1-2 weeks later for Unity because it was bound to have something wrong with it - new territory, new challenges, new obstacles. So this year, I won't be buying AC: Syndicate at release week and will be waiting 1-2 weeks before I buy it and will browse the forums and social media for feedback and people's opinions.

If Ubisoft want to redeem themselves and have a chance at winning back their fans and the GP, they should learn from their mistakes and not release a game that is so broken, and if this game is as bad or worse than Unity, I will stop buying AC games altogether.

GunnerGalactico
05-13-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm giving it a 6 for now, keeping in mind that this is only the alpha footage. The combat could still use a bit of fine tuning.

Rinofuri
05-13-2015, 05:54 PM
1 (Hate it) he he he he he!

EmptyCrustacean
05-13-2015, 05:54 PM
5. Too early to get hyped and Unity damaged the brand somewhat.

egriffin09
05-13-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm 5/10. Syndicate just looks like it will be a polished Unity. What will make or break this game is the way Ubisoft decides to handle the two playable assassins in the story mode, and if Ubi added just enough to make it feel fresh and how good the actual story is.

Billionair90
05-13-2015, 07:23 PM
I HATE IT. its getting to modern and to snobby!! back to the medieval times with altair or somebody, or back to Roman ancient times!!!! Screw London.

Im DONE with the ac series when i saw this "syndicate", and i`ve playes all the games from day 1. Ur loosing it Ubisoft........................................

Altair1789
05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Hard to tell. As it is, I'd give it a 1, that pre alpha footage looked and felt exactly like Unity. They even reused a bunch of audio files and practically all animations (not even a new walking/ standing animation). If they make the game not feel so much like Unity I'll give it an 8, but as it is it feels like Rogue was to AC4, but to Unity. I loved how different from Unity the leaked screenshots were. It wasn't like AC4 -> Unity but it was definitely the type of change I'd expect from the transition from 1st game of the engine to 2nd

Derp43
05-13-2015, 11:52 PM
4, it would probably be lower if I wasn't interested in the Victorian era, however.

Shadow__Hazard
05-19-2015, 10:33 AM
I'd say about a 3.

It's the least exciting AC so far. The setting is pretty uninteresting to me, especially with the street gang/organized crime story, and I think things are getting way too modern. What I loved most about Assassin's Creed was the middle-aged settings. And I'm not really into the whole 'multiple protagonists' thing, and the main character (well, both of them but mainly that Jacob ******) just seems like he'll be a massive wanker anyway...

Actually, better make that a 2!

TO_M
05-19-2015, 03:36 PM

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-19-2015, 04:27 PM
5, only because Victorian London is my most wanted setting. If it wasn't for that it'd probably be 3.

I'm waiting on two things to make my decision:

1. A very lengthy gameplay video with little to no commentary (this is mostly to see how the stealth and fighting are).

2. Opinions on the story.

If both are as bad as they were in Unity then, with them officially mucking up my favorite setting, AC will no longer be a series I'll spend money on.

BananaBlighter
05-19-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm super excited, but I said 9 because I want to see what they have for us at E3, then it will probably go up to a 10.

lothario-da-be
05-19-2015, 06:44 PM
It's a 3 for me at the moment, nothing of what I saw so far excited me in any way, but the fact that it is an AC game is enough to have some hype. It will be the first AC game that I won't pre-order since revelations.

col_96
05-19-2015, 07:21 PM
It's an 8 from me-

I think Ubisoft know what to do to improve from Unity's mistakes

Altair1789
05-19-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm waiting until the E3 trailers. If there's a big change in the footage quality between E3 and "pre alpha" I'll give it a 7 for cautiously excited. If there isn't, it'll get a 2

avk111
05-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Fool me once shame on me (AC3)

Fool me twice shame on you (ACU)

Ubisoft lost its lure quite a long time ago its never been the same. And this is not an opinion but an objective fact among high video game consumers , and vivid Assassin's Creed title fans.

VestigialLlama4
05-20-2015, 07:49 AM
[SIZE=3]Fool me once shame on me (AC3)

Fool me twice shame on you (ACU)

It's the other way around. if you are fooled a second time it means you didn't learn and still the same fool.

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Heck, if anything, ACU made me appreciate AC3.

Maybe *gasp* Ubi is going to make Syndicate worse so that we start appreciating ACU! /tin foil

VestigialLlama4
05-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Heck, if anything, ACU made me appreciate AC3.

Maybe *gasp* Ubi is going to make Syndicate worse so that we start appreciating ACU! /tin foil

That's one way for AC games to grow in favour over time.