PDA

View Full Version : What kind of present day content will be in Syndicate?

eaglefan129
05-13-2015, 03:29 AM
So has Ubisoft made any sort of statement of the present day at all? I'm surprised in how much they showed, generally that is something they show at E3 first game play, not on a live stream. I assuming minimal content with Black Flag/Rogue like content, however from the perspective of the Assassins. Or will it be some narrator like Unity was?

Ureh
05-13-2015, 04:01 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/12/interview-the-finer-points-of-assassins-creed-syndicate.aspx

Are you taking a similar approach to Unity regarding the modern-day storyline?
Yes, we are following in the footsteps of Unity, and we’ll be talking more throughout the summer about exactly what we are doing with the present-day storyline.

Hans684
05-13-2015, 05:19 AM
If it's like Unity it's a filler.

Civona
05-13-2015, 05:49 AM
That answer seems to me like they were purposely interpreting the question as being more charitable than it actually was. Basically: they didn't want to trash talk Unity's story or directly acknowledge its poor reception. All that they actually said was that their modern story would follow from the premise Unity established, which says nothing about the prominence of depth of the plot they're planning for it. It doesn't even necessarily mean the premise will be exactly the same: the removal of co-op seems like it'd alter things a bit.

nukelukespuke34
05-13-2015, 05:56 AM
Didn't Darby or someone say that the modern day from now on will be like Brotherhood, in that it'll use assets from a previous game's historical period? Honestly I would love that. Brotherhood had my favorite modern day gameplay. Maybe they might even have a new 3rd person character. (one can dream)

VestigialLlama4
05-13-2015, 06:01 AM
I think what Darby McDevitt meant was that modern day like Time Anomalies or whatnot will not be entirely walls of database text like the Helix Rifts.

I think SYNDICATE could have bits and pieces dealing with say Connor, post-AC3, Shay-postRogue, Arno post-UNITY, provide little nuggets here and there for fans to make it more interconnected.

nukelukespuke34
05-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Found it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-27-future-assassins-creed-games-will-have-more-robust-modern-day-than-unity

From what Darby says, the plan is to reuse assets from a previous game for modern day, like what Brotherhood did. I don't think it had anything to do with time anomalies.