PDA

View Full Version : Session Terminated. Every. Single. Game.

x High Deff x
05-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Losing points. Every. Single. Game.
If it's not broken, don't fix it. There was NOTHING wrong with the previous leaderboards. Can't believe this has happened

LIONDEN1
05-13-2015, 01:26 AM
Yep, they really screwed everything up. Seems like the people that lose get more points, I keep dropping points for top 2 finishes. I wasted a lot of time finally getting into the top 20.
Its not fun playing anymore, winning means nothing when you actually are losing.

Tomahog UK
05-13-2015, 05:09 AM
Also it seems like theres no point in playing tournaments anymore.

VEGASTRASH
05-13-2015, 07:57 AM

There never was. Numbers dropped to low hundreds within a month of releasing the feature. There is no progression system in the game. What are you doing with XP points? As the core game is addictive, putting a true progressive system in place would add a lot of value to the experience...especially for novices. 6 dlcs and 2 rider pieces? The dlcs were enjoyable and creative, but what happened to new bikes and clothing? Unlockable editor objects, hidden tracks, etc, etc. I wonder why this was overlooked in development?

funktastic-
05-13-2015, 12:50 PM
They could be holding on to them for the second season of dlc trashman , unlockable editor objects sounds a great idea. Like the more tracks u create you get to unlock more stuff. they could do that with the previous dlcs and give us who and have already created tons some new stuff haha...

LIONDEN1
05-13-2015, 01:22 PM
They said there will not be anymore dlc. I just cant see how 1st gets 4 points and last gets 480, just happened to me again. No way to really move up that i can see. They even took how many win you have, at least that was something.

funktastic-
05-13-2015, 01:55 PM
not sure about the point system bud but im sure there has been many thread suggesting there is going to be another season , maybe i have missed one saying there isnt i dont know but the last i knew it looked like there was . I hope so anyway

LIONDEN1
05-13-2015, 02:09 PM
was watching the makers on Twitch, they said no more dlc but had plans for other things in the future. Like maybe screwing the game up a little more, lol

funktastic-
05-13-2015, 02:34 PM
lol , thats not good , no dlc i better start looking at my new games i got then hahah

LIONDEN1
05-13-2015, 05:02 PM
somebody helped me out with the ratings, i think it might be alright after awhile, lol

En0-
05-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I received the message, I'll answer precisely tomorrow.

Regards,

AGENT H3X
05-14-2015, 05:07 AM
eno, you take away our freedom to choose who we play with, but yet we're penalized for playing riders at lower skill levels. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

En0-
05-14-2015, 05:15 AM
eno, you take away our freedom to choose who we play with, but yet we're penalized for playing riders at lower skill levels. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Hello Agent H3X,

As you're not able to communicate respectfully, I won't take the time to answer your posts.
I am referring to this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1110640-Heart-and-soul-destroying?p=10770212&viewfull=1#post10770212

Regards,

En0-
05-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Hello,

Answering previous posts.

Losing points. Every. Single. Game.
If it's not broken, don't fix it. There was NOTHING wrong with the previous leaderboards. Can't believe this has happened

Yep, they really screwed everything up. Seems like the people that lose get more points, I keep dropping points for top 2 finishes. I wasted a lot of time finally getting into the top 20.
Its not fun playing anymore, winning means nothing when you actually are losing.

Answer about why we didn't keep the old design/leaderboard is here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1110640-Heart-and-soul-destroying?p=10769594#post10769594
Answer about the new ranking system is here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1109964-Update-8-has-Arrived!?p=10772647&viewfull=1#post10772647

There never was. Numbers dropped to low hundreds within a month of releasing the feature. There is no progression system in the game. What are you doing with XP points? As the core game is addictive, putting a true progressive system in place would add a lot of value to the experience...especially for novices. 6 dlcs and 2 rider pieces? The dlcs were enjoyable and creative, but what happened to new bikes and clothing? Unlockable editor objects, hidden tracks, etc, etc. I wonder why this was overlooked in development?

Discussion about tournaments is here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1110762-Questions-for-the-devs-about-tournaments?p=10769578#post10769578

They said there will not be anymore dlc. I just cant see how 1st gets 4 points and last gets 480, just happened to me again. No way to really move up that i can see. They even took how many win you have, at least that was something.

not sure about the point system bud but im sure there has been many thread suggesting there is going to be another season , maybe i have missed one saying there isnt i dont know but the last i knew it looked like there was . I hope so anyway

was watching the makers on Twitch, they said no more dlc but had plans for other things in the future. Like maybe screwing the game up a little more, lol

lol , thats not good , no dlc i better start looking at my new games i got then hahah

Wrong information. We said we're not done with Fusion, there are more things coming.

somebody helped me out with the ratings, i think it might be alright after awhile, lol

Discusion about the ranking here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1109964-Update-8-has-Arrived!?p=10772647&viewfull=1#post10772647

Please continue every discussion in their own thread and remain polite, respectful and constructive please.

Regards,

Eno

TheBlazeJp
05-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Guys the system works fine, Over time it will balance out.
If you are high ranked just dont fault or lose and you wont loose score.
Fault or lose even one heat to someone below you and you will lose score.
Even if you win every heat buy have more faults then one rider on a single heat you WILL lose score.

Don't lose one heat, Don't fault and you wont loose score, It's that simple.

It's not broke.

x High Deff x
05-15-2015, 03:24 AM
Guys the system works fine, Over time it will balance out.
If you are high ranked just dont fault or lose and you wont loose score.
Fault or lose even one heat to someone below you and you will lose score.
Even if you win every heat buy have more faults then one rider on a single heat you WILL lose score.

Don't lose one heat, Don't fault and you wont loose score, It's that simple.

It's not broke.

what about people who don't lose any heats and don't fault but lose score? System is broken

TheBlazeJp
05-15-2015, 01:36 PM
what about people who don't lose any heats and don't fault but lose score? System is broken

Show me video proof or that never happened

I have played over 500 games and never once encountered that.

iStriide
05-15-2015, 03:14 PM

It has happened to Gangly and I as well.

TheBlazeJp
05-15-2015, 07:49 PM
I still wont believe it until I see video proof
Hearing it second hand from questionably untrustworthy sources is no where near enough to prove this is actually happening

Pretty sure Iv'e played the most MP,
I have now played close to 600, and I have only ever lost points to a fault or loosing one heat.

There is no reason for me or the Devs/Engineers here to believe this until video proof is shown.

Borads
05-16-2015, 01:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL1ni4U4FZs&feature=youtu.be

En0-
05-16-2015, 06:27 AM
Hello,

We need to see all the heats please :)

Cheers,

cocio89
05-16-2015, 07:16 PM
I have lost about 100 points myself when winning all 4 heats. If you get kicked out of a game or get an error while searching, you lose points your next match. Extremely unfair. And I hope you can add a minimum of maybe 5 matches to be placed on the leaderboards. Many play one match and get rated way higher than they should.

x High Deff x
05-16-2015, 09:15 PM
ooohhhh Blaze get rekt son. There's your proof

TheBlazeJp
05-17-2015, 01:00 AM
I have lost about 100 points myself when winning all 4 heats. If you get kicked out of a game or get an error while searching, you lose points your next match. Extremely unfair. And I hope you can add a minimum of maybe 5 matches to be placed on the leaderboards. Many play one match and get rated way higher than they should.

I can attest to the getting kicked out while searching with the "Failed to Migrate host error", I lost 270 point to this.

High deff grow up.

LIONDEN1
05-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Had session terminated 5 times so far today in the middle of races. seems to be happening a lot lately.

MajorScam001
05-29-2015, 04:00 AM
Am like a posting machine tonight...might have to go lye down, think I feel a headache coming on...

Hold on lets back track a little bit here….If you win overall, make sure you don’t lose in any heat(s) or fault (ever) and you won’t lose points. Easy to understand sure, but makes no sense what so ever. You should never lose points if you win the overall event, regardless of fault count or opposition skill level. Am I missing something….or can someone enlighten me and explain how a mechanic of going backwards when moving forward is the correct way to go about things……. Surely just give a score of zero.

fredizzimo
06-08-2015, 01:52 PM
For the original problem about sessions getting terminated, I posted this in another thread. But I might just as well post it here too to make it more visible.

I suspect this has something to do with the bandwidth detection and throttling of the game.

One way to detect this, is to run a continuous ping to a known address in the background for example "ping -t www.google.com", unless there's some QOS functionality enabled by your router or ISP which gives priority to pings, you should see the pings starting to increase, probably rising to 1 or 2 seconds or even higher before the disconnect happens. Alternatively you could see that a lot of packets are getting lost. If the bandwidth throttling works as it should, you should only see a moderate increase in the ping times and almost no additional packet loss.

If you are able to perform this test it would be very useful information for us.But even if you aren't it would be good to know your internet speed, both upload and download. Additional useful information is the type of the connection Cable, DSL or something else, the name of your ISP and the name, model and firmware version of your modem.

Some additional information:
You should be able to run the ping on a pc that's connected to the same network, even if the game is running on a console.

If this is the problem, it might be fixable by doing traffic shaping using either the router or for example this http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/dummynet/. The dummynet setup can be tricky though if you are running on a console.

LIONDEN1
06-24-2015, 08:12 PM
still getting session terminated notice before a game starts, happens way too often, also happens when people leave the game. And it causes points loss, more people leave games now than before so the new points system wasn't a cure for people leaving in the middle of a game. Why not fix the points system instead of adding new content that will just mess up anyway? Doesn't seem MP is a big deal to the makers.