PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Quebec developing Syndicate

sebg1994
05-12-2015, 11:32 PM
First of all, apologies for any naivety shown by myself in this thread because I'm not the most clued up on the topic.

Ever since AC1 it's been Ubisoft Montreal that's been the main developer for the big AC games. I've noticed this time around that Ubisoft Quebec are the main developers. Could this mean Ubisoft Montreal are working on something else, maybe something bigger AC related? Seems strange for Quebec to be given the reins as all they've previously done in AC to my knowledge is the TOKW DLC for AC3 and Freedom Cry for Black Flag. Do you see them doing a better job than Montreal or worse maybe?

Again, sorry if I've posted anything false etc., just mainly trying to gain an insight and see what other people think.

Ureh
05-13-2015, 02:47 AM
It's ok, I don't watch the credits often either. I'm almost certain they've contributed to other AC projects, not just tokw and fc. I seem to remember their studio name showing up in the other AC credits as well.

I guess what I'm about to say is all pretty obvious and redundant but they definitely have really big shoes to fill, a lot of expectations to live up to, and even quite a bit of damage to rectify. I bet Quebec was specifically chosen because they believe they have what it takes to get the job done. They're in the spotlight and the entire world of fans, gamers, and media are now looking at them. So yeah, no pressure right?

I think they will build on the strengths of Unity and deliver an experience that most of us can enjoy.