PDA

View Full Version : Would You Wait Longer For AC: Syndicate If Multiplayer Was Incorporated?

SevenReels
05-12-2015, 09:33 PM
From an interview with a developer from ubisoft, there will be no multiplayer for AC: Syndicate. Would you guys wait longer for the game if they will incorporate it?

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-assassin-s-creed-syndicate-won-t-have-multipla/1100-6427216/

Vote Here (Optional):
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll312026x8Ad44BB0-12

arubiana425
05-12-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm okay with the lack of multiplayer. I've never been too crazy about multiplayer in the AC series.

Perk89
05-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Don't really care. Multiplayer held Unity back, though the idea behind it was alright.

Hans684
05-12-2015, 09:44 PM
No

pacmanate
05-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Its not a rumour, there will be no Coop or MP

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/12/five-things-to-know-about-assassins-creed-syndicate-game-informer.aspx

and to answer your question, no.

SevenReels
05-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Don't really care. Multiplayer held Unity back, though the idea behind it was alright.

TBH I think It made it last longer.

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I honestly don't like MP anyway unless it's free-roaming with actual real-life friends. I quickly get bored replaying the same 8 missions over and over with randoms. So no, I don't care that there's no MP.

SevenReels
05-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Its not a rumour, there will be no Coop or MP

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/12/five-things-to-know-about-assassins-creed-syndicate-game-informer.aspx

and to answer your question, no.

Alright thanks, (sobs no multiplayer)

melbye82
05-12-2015, 10:52 PM
I applaud their exclusion of any kind of multiplayer

JamesFaith007
05-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Never want it, never play it and never plan to try it..

I'm just old school soloist who don't want other people in his games.

Civona
05-12-2015, 11:41 PM
nah

SevenReels
05-12-2015, 11:53 PM
I honestly don't like MP anyway unless it's free-roaming with actual real-life friends. I quickly get bored replaying the same 8 missions over and over with randoms. So no, I don't care that there's no MP.

Sure, I Agree with having a better campaign OFC but I feel like they should keep the multiplayer aspect in the side like blackflag, but also keep elements from the co-op in Unity while improving it. Don't forget that this was an entirely new multiplayer system! I loved being able to play with friends, and that's when I had the most fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKpxPp3nhE0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l9PB7BKPCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn_KMZlV6Ck

Locopells
05-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Added a poll for you.

SevenReels
05-13-2015, 12:01 AM
Added a poll for you.

Thanks! I saw that!

Alphacos007
05-13-2015, 12:39 AM
Nah, I really like multiplayer and co-op games but I don't think it fits on AC. Unity had a nice idea with the co-op but the implementation was terrible. IF they made a separate co-op storyline like in Far Cry, then I'd totally wait some more time for it.

ze_topazio
05-13-2015, 12:59 AM
I would wait longer for the single player being polished.

NondairyGold
05-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Wow!! Wasn't expecting this.... crushing blow for the multiplayer fans out there. I was never a fan of the multiplayer anyway.

TexasCaesar
05-13-2015, 02:31 AM
I would much rather wait for competitive multiplayer than not have it at all.

SevenReels
05-13-2015, 07:22 AM
Wow!! Wasn't expecting this.... crushing blow for the multiplayer fans out there. I was never a fan of the multiplayer anyway.

Yeah man dang, XD It's like I took a hidden blade down the throat. lol

Bojanglesz
05-13-2015, 08:53 AM
If they brought back PVP, I would be into it, make it dark like AC3 and they're onto a winner. But co-op, no thank you.

DA SHIZZLE IG
05-13-2015, 02:11 PM
SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL at ubisoft taking a step back. LOL at people getting multiplayer mixed up with co-op. Co-op in unity was basically wolf pack mode in single player.

Again, what genius at ubisoft thought it would be a good idea to cut the very thing that expanded the life of the game? People are still playing revelations, AC3, AND AC4 multiplayer till this day. They just released AC4 for free on Xbox 360 and the community just blew back up. I just hopped off of there today, it's still fun. We play multiplayer long after we finish the game. Lets be real here, Unity and rogue were pretty darn short. Nobody even plays them anymore lol. Now if they had multilayer(with updates and events) we would still be playing the games like 2 years from now.

I kinda feel cheated for almost paying $70.00 for a game with low replay value. $10.00 D.L.C that could have easily been apart of the original game. With no high replay value multiplayer.

That's just me though. I like to spend money on games with high replay value. Games that I'm gonna be playing for a long time. Especially at the ridiculous price of almost $70.00 for one freaking game. You buy 4 games(or 3 with D.L.C) and you have a new system SMH.

Namikaze_17
05-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Never really been into AC's Multiplayer or Multiplayer in general, so I'll be just fine without it.

DA SHIZZLE IG
05-13-2015, 02:30 PM
tbh I'm pretty sure if they would continue to make ac multiplayer on a yearly basis then it would to be too much on the team. I think that the annecy team took a break from it because they LITERALLY started on a multiplayer right after the release of the current one so they spent more or less ONE YEAR on development. That's an insanely short amount of time for a AAA game, you'd think it would wear them out at some point.

Imo It would be best if they just made a separate game, a standalone multiplayer would be the best way to make a successful competitive multiplayer.
Why don't they take a break from tackling people missions?
Listening in on people conversations mission?
Poorly re skinning character models from previous games?
OBVIOUSLY reusing animations from previous games?
Not properly beta testing their games before launch?
Not addressing issues and blaming them on us until we start a riot?
Not releasing a game on a yearly basis?

^Highly doubt multiplayer is a big issue with all that going on^

HiddenKiller612
05-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Nope. I felt it was an unneeded addition that added little to the series at hand. I buy AC to play the singleplayer, and have done so since the first game.

DA SHIZZLE IG
05-13-2015, 02:56 PM
I pretty much agree with everything you just said. :O

And here I am in this forum thinking no one gets why the multiplayer was such a important and great addition to ac, There's literally nothing else like it out there.

But like i said in my previous post a standalone game would make the competitive multiplayer a masterpiece.

ps. i dig your profile pic xD
Man a lot of the post you see are from a bunch of teachers pets and casual gamers lol. They are the reason why ubisoft has gotten so lazy and disconnected. Hardcore long time gamers like myself tend to tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat nothing. We don't post as much as the teachers pets do so I understand why you feel this way lol. Also, a lot of us just don't know these forums exist. They don't advertize it. I only found these forums because AC4 told me to sign up for "initiates"(which also was rushed and a big failure) which led me here whenever the site messed up.

I don't know about having a stand alone multiplayer though. Don't think that will work for AC. A game like C.O.D, now that would work because people don't even play single player anyway lol.

If you played AC4 multiplayer about 4 months after it's release then you can feel the pain in my avi and sig lol. These people had the nerve to tell thousands of us that it wasn't their servers, it's our connections smh. They did this for months before they finally admitted that it was them and somewhat fixed the problem after like 2 patches. Anyway, I honestly don't see how people call themselves fans of the series and never even had any interest in the FUN AS HELL multiplayer with super high replay value. Like why wouldn't you want to take your assassins skills to the next level and compete with other assassins around the world?

This reminds me of people who get C.O.D and GTA 5 just for the multiplayer and barley touch the main game or don't play it at all. Darn near $70.00 for only half the experience..... ... LOL!!! no, not me.

DA SHIZZLE IG
05-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Nope. I felt it was an unneeded addition that added little to the series at hand. I buy AC to play the singleplayer, and have done so since the first game.
Ummmm..................It's called a "bonus". Who doesn't like bonuses or more options?

Democrito_71
05-13-2015, 05:16 PM
I've never liked the multiplayer modes in the older games and the coop part in Unity so I will not miss it this year. I'm very glad Ubi are putting their resources on creating a great single player experience without companion app and online stuff. I think the strongest aspect of the franchise is the storytelling and the singe player campaigns. The multiplayer from the past felt like a separate game-mode that was just there. And the Coop didn't integrate that with Arnos story and it only created big plot holes in both the single player campaign and the coop missions stories, even though Ubi claimed everyone was Arno and that we were experiencing his memories when he worked along with other assassin.

So I'm voting no to this since I'm favoring the single player campaign higher than the multiplayer/coop aspects.

crusader_prophet
05-13-2015, 05:21 PM
No. I want AC: Syndicate to deliver the best narrative and action gameplay in the series. Jack the MP. It was ****e after AC2.

Shahkulu101
05-13-2015, 05:32 PM
^ Now we're praising AC2 for things it doesn't even have.

Moonshadow20222
05-13-2015, 06:48 PM
If it was the Black Flag competative multiplayer, sure. I loved Wolfpack and Manhunt play modes.

SevenReels
05-15-2015, 09:02 AM
If it was the Black Flag competative multiplayer, sure. I loved Wolfpack and Manhunt play modes.

Same here.

The_Kiwi_
05-16-2015, 12:06 AM
competitive > co-op

I'd wait another year for some next-gen style competitive multiplayer, but co-op can go jump in a lake

SevenReels
05-23-2015, 01:06 AM
My club was so devastated from the fact that there is no Multiplayer.................... Hopefully we can move on into playing BlackFlag Again

Shadow__Hazard
05-23-2015, 07:01 AM
Not a fan of multiplayer, so usually I'd say no I don't think it would justify a longer wait... but I'll probably pass on Syndicate anyway so couldn't give a ****.

ShadowStar83x
05-23-2015, 06:37 PM
I can't say I'm heartbroken they left it out this time. I did enjoy Wolfpack in 3 and 4, though. If they had something like that, I wouldn't mind. That being said, I'm glad it's single player only.

ninja4hire10
05-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Would I wait? No. And I haven't, seeing as how I've already pre-ordered.

And I'm going with the crowd here: I don't dig multiplayer/ co-op anything, much less my favorite franchise which to me, like Splinter Cell, is all about being the lone wolf. When I play,it's my "me time." Although some of the co-op stuff in Unity was so-so, overall, just gimme some quiet time, a controller, some kinda brewed beverage, and I'm good:)

KimSul
05-24-2015, 06:33 PM
I like the idea but unless they add a less laggy co-op and heists (which I personally) loved, a mass-open world free roam (like GTA5) or a invasion system (like Watch_Dogs or Dark Souls), I don't really care about the multiplayer. I liked it when they first introduced it in Brotherhood and played it a lot but since then, I've never touched it

Defalt221
05-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Well. Looks like the poll will force Ubi to NOT release a multiplayer addon.

bitebug2003
05-25-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't want multiplayer :(

sedgieROI
05-25-2015, 08:37 PM
I don't understand why the MP gets so much indifference. ACMP is still the most original and unique MP ever created. Would i wait longer? of course i would!

rafiqul84
05-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Defo yes.

Multiplayer increases a games lifespan and the AC multiplayer is unique and very fun. Most people don't have the patience for it which I understand.. still, Ubisoft are shrinking the AC community with this move imo.

col_96
05-25-2015, 11:35 PM
I think the lack of multiplayer is a good move-

I would rather wait a year and get a great story than a watered down multiplayer.

So no, I would prefer the focus on story plots.

Senningiri_GR
05-26-2015, 11:02 AM
My club was so devastated from the fact that there is no Multiplayer.................... Hopefully we can move on into playing BlackFlag Again

You can, I did so and the MP of ACBF is alive

cawatrooper9
05-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Gross, no.

ShoryukenMan
05-28-2015, 02:39 AM
Oh, HEEEEEELLLLL no!

What I will be waiting for is to see if the game is any good, since after last years travesty, I will no longer be purchasing these games day one.

zSolarStorm
05-28-2015, 03:51 AM
Lmao, the whole multiplayer community is waiting for a new MP since Black Flag!!
The whole MP community is furious and is not gonna get Syndicate -_- (including me).

Ubisoft will understand when they make losses with the game -_-

HiddenKiller612
05-28-2015, 03:54 AM
Lol as if the majority of people buy the games only for the mp... if that were true, how do explain the first 2 games, which were... single player only. I think you might be playing the wrong franchise if you buy it only for the mp.