PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about no multiplayer in Syndicate?

Zero_Regen
05-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Honestly, i'm fine with it. Sure, I enjoy multiplayer, but I play for the single player. I just wanted to get some opinions on the matter from others. Thanks!

Shahkulu101
05-12-2015, 07:16 PM
I don't care for any form of multiplayer.

Co-op was okay but intrusive. I'm glad it's fully focused on single player and I don't need to go out of my way to do something I don't really enjoy.

m4r-k7
05-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Totally fine with this, Ive never been a fan of any of the multiplayer. I thought I would love co-op but I didn't. Glad they are focusing purely on the single player.

Hans684
05-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Best thing to happen.

Xstantin
05-12-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm glad

Fatal-Feit
05-12-2015, 07:21 PM
I think the game better blow me away, which it might considering the changes. CO-OP, despite its flaws, offered a ton of fun and replay value and Unity barely scratched the surface of it. It was bare bones. And despite that, most of my best moments in AC are during CO-OP w/ my club mates.

GunnerGalactico
05-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Totally fine with this, Ive never been a fan of any of the multiplayer. I thought I would love co-op but I didn't. Glad they are focusing purely on the single player.

Agreed with this. Although, I kinda like multiplayer.

cawatrooper9
05-12-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't expect multiplayer out of an AC game- I expect a good single-player experience. If that happens to be attached with multiplayer, the more the merrier, but I won't lose any sleep over not having it.

SixKeys
05-12-2015, 07:29 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of Unity's co-op (it was all right, just hella glitchy) but I miss the old PvP multiplayer.

Sushiglutton
05-12-2015, 07:31 PM
I was very suprised, but doesn't bother me personally. From what I understand Unity baeing always online was a big reason for why it was so shaky. So my guess is the main reason for this decision is to minimize the risk for another catastrophic launch.

I like the "going back to the roots"-crowd pleasing motive though :p

ze_topazio
05-12-2015, 07:33 PM
They should make a separate "Assassin's Creed Online" and update it once a year with new stuff or something.

bitebug2003
05-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Happy :)

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 08:14 PM
I'd be happy if I could say "this'll mean a more innovative SP mode" with a straight face. Very disappointed with the trailers.

Civona
05-12-2015, 08:18 PM
I didn't think Ubi would ever do this. I imagine that part of the pressure for Unity came from the concept of testing out similar online open-world tech for The Division. Maybe this will actually be the end of multi in the series? Cool.

melbye82
05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
I absolutely love it

Perk89
05-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Doesn't bother me.. Co-op was nice in theory, but didn't work out in the execution. Playing with others was almost always a nightmare that destroyed immersion, interrupted the narrative, and took important significant historical elements from the main campaign to try and make the co-op meaningful.

As I've said before, they should make co-op a seperate game mode as some of the recent SC games have done. Frees you up from having to worry about intertwini with the game's narrative, allows to the game to use all the historical elements at their disposal rather than having to save some for co-op, allows you to tell a new tale in co-op and visit areas that may never otherwise get their own game and get to be seen.

RinoTheBouncer
05-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Though I don't want to take away the pleasure from those who enjoy it, I think multiplayer never really was perfect, and even if it was good to some extent, the resources better be directed towards the single player campaign, because the franchise has always been a single player, story driven experience. So any extra to the budget better help improving the graphics, writing a better story, creating a better modern day, instead of being directed towards multiplayer.

TexasCaesar
05-12-2015, 09:57 PM
I'm disappointed. I didn't care one bit for co-op... in fact, I'm glad it's gone... but I really liked the competitive multiplayer. There was nothing else like it.

SevenReels
05-12-2015, 10:04 PM
I think the game better blow me away, which it might considering the changes. CO-OP, despite its flaws, offered a ton of fun and replay value and Unity barely scratched the surface of it. It was bare bones. And despite that, most of my best moments in AC are during CO-OP w/ my club mates.

That's Right Mate ;) Besides, if they learned anything from Unity. I would have made the multiplayer a little more separate like Blackflag so co-op won't mess with the single player experience. But it's ubisoft, so go figure.................................

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-13-2015, 12:02 AM
I'll miss the MP aspect to be able to play with friends, but it may come back so who knows.

NondairyGold
05-13-2015, 01:19 AM
If getting rid of multiplayer means bringing back a better modern day then I'm all for it. Sadly, from what I've read so far, that won't be the case.

ShadowSolaris7
05-13-2015, 02:08 AM
I'm kinda glad there's not gonna be PvP in Syndicate but still I think it would have been nice to have co-op in this game atleast. Anyway I hope PvP comes back in some future installment or something.

kriegerdesgottes
05-13-2015, 03:57 AM
I think ditching MP is a good idea and they should have done it long ago but I get the feeling it's too little too late. I never wanted it in the franchise so I'm relieved to hear they are finally abandoning it but I've lost so much enthusiasm for the franchise in general that I almost don't care.

Moonshadow20222
05-13-2015, 04:23 AM
Without multiplayer, the game has a very low replayability factor. Why own the game when you can rent it and clear the story with ease? That's a major business flaw. You want to give people a reason to buy your game and keep it, not play it once and ditch it. Plus, the Night Stalker deserves to haunt the streets of London.

HE DESERVES IT!

kriegerdesgottes
05-13-2015, 04:29 AM
I played AC1,2, and Brotherhood almost daily until the next one came out and I hated ACB's MP. I just loved walking around the world and listening to the background music and murdering guards. I could do that for hours. I literally lost a gf over AC2 (worth it) and it didn't even have MP. These games just don't need it.