PDA

View Full Version : Will we finally get some more Juno development in Syndicate?

Radman500
05-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Unity pretty much didn't even mention her

in Rogue she was mentioned in a conversation between Melanie and Violet, Violet believes Juno released the virus into the helix servers and not the assassins...

this is the current state of juno

wvstolzing
05-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Her being locked down in the 'grey', or whatever, is confirmation enough that she's been shelved for good.

Radman500
05-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Her being locked down in the 'grey', or whatever, is confirmation enough that she's been shelved for good.
i would agree with you..if not for the conversation in Rogue..

Namikaze_17
05-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Juno is as memorable as the mystery character on my Avatar...

Who is she again? I swear I heard it before...

wvstolzing
05-11-2015, 09:42 PM
i would agree with you..if not for the conversation in Rogue..

She's at best an easter egg; and that's what that reference in Rogue amounts to.

Xstantin
05-11-2015, 09:45 PM

I hope she just stays there tbh

Radman500
05-11-2015, 10:02 PM
i think they will continue her story...she is after all the main villian of the series

SixKeys
05-11-2015, 10:03 PM
I hope she just stays there tbh

Me too, but I am kind of annoyed if they decide not to give her any conclusion. In Rogue she was still talking about how Abstergo's technology was playing right into her master plan. It would be such BS if they just completely dropped off a major villain with no explanation.

Radman500
05-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Me too, but I am kind of annoyed if they decide not to give her any conclusion. In Rogue she was still talking about how Abstergo's technology was playing right into her master plan. It would be such BS if they just completely dropped off a major villain with no explanation.
there not going to drop her...she is too crucial to the story..plus there are still alot of AC fans that still love the modern day/first civ lore of the universe.

What happened to this forum...everyone loved the MD storyline....everyone wanted to learm more about modern day, whats going on with TWCB etc.

now everyone just whines about it..

wvstolzing
05-11-2015, 10:10 PM
What happened to this forum...everyone loved the MD storyline....everyone wanted to learm more about modern day, whats going on with TWCB etc.

Yeah, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
05-11-2015, 10:11 PM
there not going to drop her...she is too crucial to the story..plus there are still alot of AC fans that still love the modern day/first civ lore of the universe.

Because the MD started out as interesting and promising and by now has devolved into nonsense and silliness. Ubisoft has made efforts to downplay MDs importance with each new game until in Unity we literally had the MD voice-over declare Arno's quest a giant waste of time.

Radman500
05-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Because the MD started out as interesting and promising and by now has devolved into nonsense and silliness. Ubisoft has made efforts to downplay MDs importance with each new game until in Unity we literally had the MD voice-over declare Arno's quest a giant waste of time.

MD played an important role in both Black Flag and Rogue

SixKeys
05-11-2015, 10:16 PM
MD played an important role in both Black Flag and Rogue

Those were the last of the old-gen titles. Unity was the first next-gen exclusive and in many ways an attempt at rebooting at least some aspects of the franchise. No more Animus, no more white-room loading screens, Eagle Sense works differently etc.

m4r-k7
05-11-2015, 10:17 PM
I've given up caring about Juno. At this rate it will take her another 100 years to take over the world.

dxsxhxcx
05-11-2015, 10:19 PM

that's what happens when you screw something up time after time after time...

Ureh
05-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Yeah I hope so Radman. At least some closure or something, I'm sure. Let's hope they don't stuff it away in some dlc like they did with Lucy.

Megas_Doux
05-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Juno is as memorable as the mystery character on my Avatar...

Who is she again? I swear I heard it before...

This!!!!!!!!!

I HATED Juno, in fact:

Satellite´s launch possible arc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Juno´s arc.

To me, of course.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2015, 01:09 AM
This!!!!!!!!!

I HATED Juno, in fact:

Satellite´s launch possible arc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Juno´s arc.

To me, of course.

IMO the MD should've been built this way:

Desmond/Satellite's arc - AC1~AC3 (without ACB and ACR)

subtle hints about TWCB and Juno through S16 messages - AC1~AC3

TWCB interaction and Juno as a possible future antagonist reveal - AC3:
*end of the world plot brought by Minerva through the course of the game;
*choice between using the Eye to control the satellite preventing the world as we know from being destroyed and freeing Juno in the process or letting the world burn;
*Desmond chooses to save the world and die in the process, the satellite and its menace are neutralized because it would've been used to prevent the end of the world;

new protagonist takes Desmond place and tries stop Juno - AC4~? (maybe another trilogy)

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 01:37 AM
They need to end Modern Day. I personally want them to just scrap it so it doesn't burden any future titles, but I know that would upset people who still care about it. So, in Syndicate or the next game, they should just wrap up all the loose ends in the modern section to give everyone some closure and then move on without it in the next game. Juno finds a host (preferably Numbskull) and Gavin Banks kills her by ramming the Altair II into her face while Bill Miles assassinates Otso Berg in the background, and Shaun retells the story to the next generation around a campfire like a snarky British version of the eyepatch guy from 300. The end.

Radman500
05-12-2015, 01:41 AM
They need to end Modern Day. I personally want them to just scrap it so it doesn't burden any future titles, but I know that would upset people who still care about it. So, in Syndicate or the next game, they should just wrap up all the loose ends in the modern section to give everyone some closure and then move on without it in the next game. Juno finds a host (preferably Numbskull) and Gavin Banks kills her by ramming the Altair II into her face while Bill Miles assassinates Otso Berg in the background, and Shaun retells the story to the next generation around a campfire like a snarky British version of the eyepatch guy from 300. The end.

there not going to get rid of the lore of the First CIvilization...it's so ingrained in the series, that they can't retcon unless a reboot happens, which i doubt will happen

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 02:14 AM
there not going to get rid of the lore of the First CIvilization...it's so ingrained in the series, that they can't retcon unless a reboot happens, which i doubt will happen

Janky AI, poor combat, inconsistent storytelling, and reused assets are ingrained in the series as well, are you saying they should keep those too?

"Oh the tiiiiiimes, they are a'chaaaangiin'"

Radman500
05-12-2015, 03:08 AM
Janky AI, poor combat, inconsistent storytelling, and reused assets are ingrained in the series as well, are you saying they should keep those too?

"Oh the tiiiiiimes, they are a'chaaaangiin'"

they just can't get rid of it..many fans love that aspect of AC

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 03:23 AM
they just can't get rid of it..many fans love that aspect of AC

I would contest that many more fans are exasperated with it and wouldn't miss it, but we have no litmus test outside of the diehards that frequent these forums, so we can never know. I for one would dance in the street if they axed the sci-fi mumbo-jumbo, it just isn't working for me anymore.

Radman500
05-12-2015, 03:42 AM
I would contest that many more fans are exasperated with it and wouldn't miss it, but we have no litmus test outside of the diehards that frequent these forums, so we can never know. I for one would dance in the street if they axed the sci-fi mumbo-jumbo, it just isn't working for me anymore.
they can only do that if they reboot the series... which i doubt they will

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 03:58 AM
they can only do that if they reboot the series... which i doubt they will

No, they just have to make a game and say "you don't leave the Animus in this one." It's really that simple, there's no grand reboot master plan needed.

pirate1802
05-12-2015, 06:41 AM
No, they just have to make a game and say "you don't leave the Animus in this one." It's really that simple, there's no grand reboot master plan needed.

Your ideas are so dangerous that I can't take your username seriously.

jk. You know what my stance is on these superflous 'storylines'. :p

Sorrosyss
05-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Although the Juno stuff has gone to the tertiary, it stills bubbles under the surface. She has a few snippets of presence in both Rogue and Unity's Intel files, and seems to very much thrive on the Grey being expanded by more and more Animus users in the Helix.

The Phoenix project from Unity looks to me to be where the instruments will be able to create her a new First Civ DNA body to inhabit. After all, remember in AC3 she took on the form of a blazing phoenix.

I think the hints are there for an overarching plot still. It's down to Ubi to bring it to the forefront, but for that they need to expand the modern day once more - something myself and many others want too see return. In turn, we are going to need Eve to help defeat her, so hopefully this Evie is in somehow related to Eve. Failing that, we could have Galina as the modern day Eve. There is a lot of ways they could play this out. But I have to believe they are going to continue Juno's story, otherwise why continue adding her to the games at all? Maybe I am over optimistic, but I guess we will find out. When I asked Darby about her coming back on Twitter, he didn't exactly shoot it down and was pretty cryptic. So... read into that what you will. ;)

andrew_m50
05-12-2015, 12:13 PM
They opened up more storylines in the past regarding to MD story which are still unclosed:

- Eve and her DNA (ACB)
- Juno, the Sages and the Instruments of the First Will (ACIII, ACIVBF, ACRo)
- The Phoenix Project (ACU)

If a talented writer would take the time, these storylines could be linked into 1 global MD stroyline which could go on the nextgen AC games.