PDA

View Full Version : Several bugs, some new, some old, most bad....

mortoma
01-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi,
I have found several bugs that need reported but I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to report them. So if anybody wants to take the time to verify them on his/her computer, then report them for me, that would be great. I won't have time, so if someone doesn't verify/report them, they may stay in FB forever. Most are graphical so they need to be verified to prove it's just not my computer graphics card. Thay are as follows:

1.) IL2T, 3 and 3M models show Red star insignia but no aircraft numbers. All other aircraft in the game show the numbers.

2.) All four versions of I-16 and I-153, plus the Lagg-3 S66 and Lagg-3 IT have a problem when AI fly them in formation. They "bob" up and down
or undulate, whatever you want to call it. When in formation with them, you have to actually push down on the stick and pull back accordingly to stay in a half-way decent formation with them. They also speed up and slow down slightly accordingly. The old Lagg-3 S4 doesn't do it despite it's newer counterparts doing it. No other planes have the problem, as I took a lot of time to fly all flyables in formation ( except B-1 ) to test them. Took me a whole day!!!!

3.) P11-C doesn't have negative G cut-out, despite being card fed. Also, the guns hit higher than they should, crosshairs are way off.
You have to aim low. Also DM like a tank still.

4.) The default "markings on" insignia for the Mig-3U can't be viewed from very far away. Suddenly disappears at very close range. But all other planes you can see all the insignia and even numbers ( in most cases ) at 4 times the distance than you can with the 3U Mig. You have to be very close beside a 3U to see either the red star or number. This would not happen with a marked skin of course, only an ummarked skin that needs marking on.

5.) Here's one I think may be just my computer/graphics card. I noticed when I look at either FW-D9 from the left rear quarter ( pilots 7:30 level position ) I see a huge hole in the side of the rear fuselage, like a window, and can see the wing on the other side. It only happens at a distance of about 10 to 20 meters out, never close up.

mortoma
01-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi,
I have found several bugs that need reported but I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to report them. So if anybody wants to take the time to verify them on his/her computer, then report them for me, that would be great. I won't have time, so if someone doesn't verify/report them, they may stay in FB forever. Most are graphical so they need to be verified to prove it's just not my computer graphics card. Thay are as follows:

1.) IL2T, 3 and 3M models show Red star insignia but no aircraft numbers. All other aircraft in the game show the numbers.

2.) All four versions of I-16 and I-153, plus the Lagg-3 S66 and Lagg-3 IT have a problem when AI fly them in formation. They "bob" up and down
or undulate, whatever you want to call it. When in formation with them, you have to actually push down on the stick and pull back accordingly to stay in a half-way decent formation with them. They also speed up and slow down slightly accordingly. The old Lagg-3 S4 doesn't do it despite it's newer counterparts doing it. No other planes have the problem, as I took a lot of time to fly all flyables in formation ( except B-1 ) to test them. Took me a whole day!!!!

3.) P11-C doesn't have negative G cut-out, despite being card fed. Also, the guns hit higher than they should, crosshairs are way off.
You have to aim low. Also DM like a tank still.

4.) The default "markings on" insignia for the Mig-3U can't be viewed from very far away. Suddenly disappears at very close range. But all other planes you can see all the insignia and even numbers ( in most cases ) at 4 times the distance than you can with the 3U Mig. You have to be very close beside a 3U to see either the red star or number. This would not happen with a marked skin of course, only an ummarked skin that needs marking on.

5.) Here's one I think may be just my computer/graphics card. I noticed when I look at either FW-D9 from the left rear quarter ( pilots 7:30 level position ) I see a huge hole in the side of the rear fuselage, like a window, and can see the wing on the other side. It only happens at a distance of about 10 to 20 meters out, never close up.

Fennec_P
01-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Just one correction. The guns on the P.11C are angled upward at a shallow angle. In normal view, the rounds will go higher than the gunsight.

In gunsight view the rounds do appear to go properly through the sight.

I'm also pretty sure the engine could run while inverted, at least for short periods of time. Not all carburetors had problems with negative G.

Aaron_GT
01-26-2004, 02:17 AM
The P.11c had the nose guns set to converge
on the sight. The wing pair are angled
up (and this was factory fixed). The idea
was that the wing guns were used for
long range shooting from behind and below
a Soviet bomber (this being the expected
target when designed) and nose guns used
for dogfighting at close range.