PDA

View Full Version : Make a wish for Syndicate

dimbismp
05-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Please choose only 3 choices.It was really hard to narrow everything down to 10 choices,so please don't cheat.Mine are:
Better story
Better stealth
Better side missions

Honorable mention:Ambient music,MD

I guess you may vote for UP TO THREE choices,not exactly three,BUT DEFINETELY NOT MORE

rprkjj
05-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I accidentally picked more side missions as a 4th one. My 3 wishes were more MD, better story and better stealth.

SixKeys
05-10-2015, 12:51 PM
I voted for better stealth/AI/crowd manipulation etc., the return of classic multiplayer and ambient music, but if I could, I would change my last choice to better navigation. Unity's sound design was fine without ambient music, and it almost, but not quite, had navigation down. Parkour down was an excellent addition, now they just need to tweak the overall parkour to be more precise.

Hans684
05-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Didn't get read the only 3 message until after I voted, my bad.

Xstantin
05-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Better stealth, ambient music, customization and skill tree - but I actually wish Ubi would trim it down a bit with skill points and unlocks

Shahkulu101
05-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Get well soon Syndicate

I-Like-Pie45
05-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Mr Rogers friendly neighborhood!

Civona
05-10-2015, 04:47 PM
For me, everything in AC is serving the telling of stories. Stealth, combat, side missions, all of that is part of the storytelling. The best possible story would not only have good writing, but would have a solid implementation of those other elements too, in a way that serves the overall sense of place and immersion as the character you're portraying through your actions.

Everyone who works on AC is a storyteller: level designers, AI programmers, artists, combat balancers and writers alike. Even PR (especially PR :P)

Megas_Doux
05-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Aside from the story and background music, which I want it improved, I wish for Unityīs similar style of combat if not harder/more challenging. However taking into account how many thought it was "super hard" which even makes me angry, itīs fair to assume Jacob will be a one man army being able to kill waves and waves of guards without any problem since the beginning of the game.......

ze_topazio
05-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Bicycles.

Alphacos007
05-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Easy: More story-driven experience/Better story, Better MD/More TOWCB stuff and great Ambient Music

The other options aren't really important for me.

Civona
05-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Aside from the story and background music, which I want it improved, I wish for Unityīs similar style of combat if not harder/more challenging. However taking into account how many thought it was "super hard" which even makes me angry, itīs fair to assume Jacob will be a one man army being able to kill waves and waves of guards without any problem since the beginning of the game.......

Or maybe they'll realize they literally can't please everyone at once, and have two difficulty modes. (Easy and Assassin, with it defaulting to Assassin)

Megas_Doux
05-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Or maybe they'll realize they literally can't please everyone at once, and have two difficulty modes. (Easy and Assassin, with it defaulting to Assassin)

Thatīll be GREAT!!!!!

However, that thing has been asked for AGES. and itīs never happened.... :(

rrebe
05-10-2015, 05:28 PM
I just wish that the story is good, and I mean both the main one and the MD (oh and I also hope that there actually is a MD storyline).

Novice and Assassin :cool:

Civona
05-10-2015, 05:32 PM
I just wish that the story is good, and I mean both the main one and the MD (oh and I also hope that there actually is a MD storyline).

Novice and Assassin :cool:

It is a pet peeve of mine when difficulty settings are named according to organizational rankings, because it doesn't actually affect what rank you are in the story! But I guess that would be fine too. :P

I know we've been asking for this forever... but one of these years they'll get around to it, I'm sure!

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Better Combat (can't stress this one enough)
Better Stealth
Better story

GunnerGalactico
05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
I've chosen:

Better story
Better MD...
Better stealth...

PedroAntonio2
05-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Better Storyline better MD storyline and bring back ambient music.

king-hailz
05-10-2015, 07:09 PM
I'd like Ambient music, better story and more modern day...

Defalt221
05-10-2015, 07:12 PM
I voted for better stealth/AI/crowd manipulation etc., the return of classic multiplayer and ambient music, but if I could, I would change my last choice to better navigation. Unity's sound design was fine without ambient music, and it almost, but not quite, had navigation down. Parkour down was an excellent addition, now they just need to tweak the overall parkour to be more precise.

I didn't vote for BETTER STORY because Ubisoft has seen enough story hate throughout forums, reviews and metacritics. So they're working to make better story definitely. But the game needs newer innovative mechanics and features.

Altair1789
05-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Why are these the only options? I hated Jesper Kyd's music

My wishes are:
Animus white room during loading
Lorne Balfe
Good story

dimbismp
05-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Why are these the only options? I hated Jesper Kyd's music

My wishes are:
Lorne Balfe
Good story
The poll can have only 10 choices,so...Anyway,the white room is just a triffle compared to these.
As for Jesper Kyd,i say"Jesper Kyd etc",meaning any previous composer

dimbismp
05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
It is funny and ironic that a vast majority of the fans(almost 80% in this poll) want the story to improve in a storydriven series...Something is done horribly wrong by Ubi

Sorrosyss
05-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Went for the story choices, including the MD and First Civ. Third choice went to customisation, as I still want more options.

Having said all that, I still want Jesper Kyd back. And a far more detailed multiplayer. And co-op! And... And... three wishes isn't enough. ;)

Altair1789
05-10-2015, 08:09 PM
The poll can have only 10 choices,so...Anyway,the white room is just a triffle compared to these.
As for Jesper Kyd,i say"Jesper Kyd etc",meaning any previous composer

True, but having no poll at all would've been more open. It's fine though, thanks for clarifying the etc

Namikaze_17
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Bicycles.

This.

EDIT: I voted for Better Story, MD/TOWCB, and Better Stealth/Ai etc.

wvstolzing
05-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Just full-arse things that Unity left half-arsed -- like the 'blackbox missions'; those were an excellent *start*, if they could build on those ideas surprising & fresh possibilities may come out.

With respect to story, I have no expectations whatsoever, and I'm long past caring -- I'll probably just skip the cutscenes anyway.

andreycvetov
05-10-2015, 10:36 PM
My wish for this years ac is to feel optimism when I finish it , and not a bitter taste of dissapointment in my mouth .

Kaschra
05-10-2015, 10:38 PM
I voted for better story and better MD/First Civ stuff

pacmanate
05-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Better Story, Modern Day, TWCB stuff and more interesting side missions.

I think everything else is at a good standard already, these are the only thing that are lacking in AC so far.

Which sucks seeing as Story, MD and TWCB are basically AC.

dimbismp
05-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Better Story, Modern Day, TWCB stuff and more interesting side missions.

I think everything else is at a good standard already, these are the only thing that are lacking in AC so far.

Which sucks seeing as Story, MD and TWCB are basically AC.

This

LoyalACFan
05-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Story, stealth, and combat; which, let's be honest, are the things that should have been the top priority from Day 1.

I actually want LESS modern/TOWCB crap. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous at this point, there's no identifiable protagonist, no real stakes, and, critically, no reason to care. I think people who want more MD just want to recapture the feeling of epic build-up and mystery from the early Desmond days, but it's completely impossible for that to happen. They've pulled off the cover, we've seen it all, and now there's literally a rogue goddess floating around somewhere and nobody gives a rat's a$$. They will never again be able to make this series' overarching lore feel mysterious or suspenseful. So I say they scrap MD entirely and focus on standalone historical stories like Edward's (or a few games dedicated to a single character, if he/she is good enough to carry them).

pacmanate
05-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Story, stealth, and combat; which, let's be honest, are the things that should have been the top priority from Day 1.

I actually want LESS modern/TOWCB crap.

Theres a difference between "More" MD and TWCB and "Better".

I think what they should do now is bring all the external info like the Altair II ship, the Ankh etc INTO games.

I honestly think we will see the Ankh btw, seeing as it can hold a persons personality and traits, like a USB stick. It can then be transffered to a body which is the only way I see Juno getting a host.

GoldenBoy9999
05-10-2015, 11:36 PM
To me, those ten poll options could go to any AC and don't represent the new setting, which is what I'm excited about. Others may have a different opinion, but I'd rather learn about the setting, and try to discover what the game may contain, rather than hopeful wishing.

My personal 3 things I'd like to see in Syndicate:

A connection to the Jazz Age guy, possibly a mentor-ship

Fun and polished new carriage and train mechanics.

A rural area, and a second city.

Namikaze_17
05-10-2015, 11:47 PM
^ I swear it's always Jazz age with you and Altair.

They'll get their moment to shine in Chronicles II. :rolleyes:

Altair1789
05-10-2015, 11:50 PM
^ I swear it's always Jazz age with you and Altair.

They'll get their moment to shine in Chronicles II. :rolleyes:

More like when your "Syndicate" turns out to be "Jazz Age" :rolleyes: Those 4 screenshots were faked, the game won't be in London, it'll be in Jazz Age Chicago

I swear it's a conspiracy

Escappa
05-10-2015, 11:57 PM
I voted before I read the "three choices"-rule, so I made 4...Don't kill me ^-^

Namikaze_17
05-10-2015, 11:57 PM
More like when your "Syndicate" turns out to be "Jazz Age" :rolleyes: Those 4 screenshots were faked, the game won't be in London, it'll be in Jazz Age Chicago

I swear it's a conspiracy

You forgot about the riot at Ubi headquarters. :rolleyes:

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-11-2015, 02:12 AM

I actually want LESS modern/TOWCB crap. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous at this point, there's no identifiable protagonist, no real stakes, and, critically, no reason to care. I think people who want more MD just want to recapture the feeling of epic build-up and mystery from the early Desmond days, but it's completely impossible for that to happen. They've pulled off the cover, we've seen it all, and now there's literally a rogue goddess floating around somewhere and nobody gives a rat's a$$. They will never again be able to make this series' overarching lore feel mysterious or suspenseful. So I say they scrap MD entirely and focus on standalone historical stories like Edward's (or a few games dedicated to a single character, if he/she is good enough to carry them).

^I agree with all of this.

Civona
05-11-2015, 03:07 AM
I think Unity's status quo and Juno as a villain could be a great way to tell a modern story. The fact that they didn't actually try to tell a story should not signal "all hope is lost", it should just signal that they didn't try.

I agree that the whole "Desmond Era" is done, but I also don't think that the only way the modern story can be interesting is if the stakes involve the earth getting vaporized. Skulking around ancient ruins was always what was most interesting about Desmond's stuff, and the fact that the game was constantly saying "if you don't find these clues the sun will kill you" didn't make it any more interesting. It kinda detracted from potential character-building moments, because everyone always had to have a really heightened level of urgency.

If you were an Initiate going out on artifact hunts in-between animus sessions, they could easily spin a satisfying plot out of that, maybe even include some simple first-person stealth sections if the templars are waiting for you. (modern assassins are expensive to animate (that's not a joke))

rprkjj
05-11-2015, 03:10 AM

Your gripes with MD seem to have to do with the fact that's it's so bare now more than anything else. MD has the potential to recapture the suspense and build up of the Desmond saga, it depends on how they do it.

LoyalACFan
05-11-2015, 03:31 AM
Your gripes with MD seem to have to do with the fact that's it's so bare now more than anything else. MD has the potential to recapture the suspense and build up of the Desmond saga, it depends on how they do it.

No, it really can't. For me, anyway. I'm never going to care about the "lore" again, I stopped caring much after Revelations, honestly, and then AC3 sealed the deal. The thing that made the MD interesting to me was the fact that you had no idea what the big picture was: who made the Pieces of Eden? Who were the ones who came before? Who was Subject 16? Instead of actually answering the questions they had posed in a suitably mind-f**king way, they either just brushed them off or got completely ridiculous with the answers. When Minerva appeared in AC2, I was dumbstruck as she delivered her cryptic message; when she showed back up in AC3, I just rolled my eyes as she bickered with Desmond and Juno. There's absolutely no sense of mystery or suspense anymore; the fact that there's a literal f**king GOD floating around in the ether somewhere like it's no big thing says a lot about where this series' lore is headed. They keep trying to surprise us with new twists like the Sages and Instruments of the First Will, but they already jumped the shark so god damned hard with the OWCB that nothing else can seem like a genuine shock.

Civona
05-11-2015, 03:35 AM
So basically your logic is that you've been disappointed in the past and thus you will be disappointed in the future? You're free to think that, but realize that it's not a convincing argument.

LoyalACFan
05-11-2015, 03:44 AM
So basically your logic is that you've been disappointed in the past and thus you will be disappointed in the future? You're free to think that, but realize that it's not a convincing argument.

No, my argument is that they literally cannot come up with something that's more mysterious and intriguing than the friggin origin of humanity, which they already cocked up six ways from Sunday with their confused and conflicted writing. So no, nothing in this series will ever have the same level of mystique as the early Desmond games that were dedicated to uncovered the gods who supposedly created our species. What the hell can they possibly come up with that has such high stakes? "Oh, you've met The Ones who Came Before, but wait'll you meet The Ones who Came Before THAT!"

playlisting
05-11-2015, 04:11 AM
Good performance above all else. No matter how good everything else is if the game chugs along at 20 FPS it won't matter.

Megas_Doux
05-11-2015, 04:26 AM

I kinda agree with you, I think people should go back to play AC I - AC III modern gameplay to see what it really was:

AC I: Interesting lore and such, but Desmond only reads E-mails.
AC II Even more lore and mystery in the likes of Clay 16, however you couldnīt leave the animus at will and the modern day was reduced to hit a couple of guards and stretch in a warehouse.
ACB: Probably the best, but in the end all you did was parkouring here and there.....
ACR: Really odd first person sections and that was it.
AC III: The most ambitious one to date, some good missions in the likes of the tower and Brazil sections, but then some really cringe worthy moments.

If anything, modern day should be like Splinter Cell/Metal gear, thing is that with the current AI mechanics it would be laughlable.

I-Like-Pie45
05-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Meow am also want a teddy bear!

Defalt221
05-11-2015, 01:23 PM
My wishes are:

A WHITE loading room like in AC1 where you can actually train with weapons and stuff while the game loads for a long time.

It is funny and ironic that a vast majority of the fans(almost 80% in this poll) want the story to improve in a storydriven series...Something is done horribly wrong by Ubi

I'm scared that Ubi will make good story this time but less focus on other things. They do it in every game. One always improves a the cost of another in AC games.

Not really. Just when the white loading room was necessary the most AC Unity scrapped that. It was far better than taking n enduring test in UNITY loading screen. And you can experiment with controls during the loading room. I think they should make a white arena as a loading room where you train while the game loads for a long time.

SixKeys
05-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Not really. Just when the white loading room was necessary the most AC Unity scrapped that. It was far better than taking n enduring test in UNITY loading screen. And you can experiment with controls during the loading room. I think they should make a white arena as a loading room where you train while the game loads for a long time.

Are you seriously saying that a loading screen is of equal importance with story, combat, stealth, etc.?

Democrito_71
05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
I choose;

More story-driven experience/Better story since Unity story imo were very bland and didn't progress the overall story in the modern day. So for me Ubi should try to make more original stories and not reusing cliches like "father gets killed, now I gonna kill templars to avenge my family" and the cliche that all protagonists after Altair are freshly new and inducted into the order.
Let's play as an experienced Assassin in his/her mid 30 from the start instead of starting the game as a child. I hope the story in Syndicate is big step forward in terms of quality compared to Unity and that the story missions are more and longer than the 32 short missions we got in Unity.

Second choice I chose
was Better skill tree/Deeper customisation/More progression-driven experience since I thought Ubi thought it all wrong when it comes to the "point system". You can read it more on this link about the Point system and my solution to make it more natural than the one in Unity.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1014859-Changes-Needed-for-AC-Victory?p=10590946&viewfull=1#post10590946
When it comes to the customization part, I loved that I could choose my on hoods, robes, braces, pants and belts/sashes at my will and even change the color settings.

What I was disappointed with it was that I could not change the size of the hoods, hood forms, fabric materials for the entire outfit and such and choosing my own color setting for each piece of the outfit. And some of the outfits looked a bit out of place like the medieval hood in Unity so I wish the outfit parts in Syndicate is based solely from the Victorian era and not from other time periods like medieval England and such.

And the third and last one I chose was;
Better stealth/Better AI and NPC interaction/Crowd manipulation/Better Sandbox Assassinationssince even if were radically better than previous games, it still not enough to make the stealth great. For me it was just okay because Arno crouch-walked to slow during situations when I wanted to sneak around undetected, sometimes the AI spotted me through walls even though they haven't seen me at all and such. These small problems should imo be better in Syndicate by making Jacob crouch-walk faster and improving the AI and improving the detection meter so enemies doesn't discover you as fast like the enemies in Unity. And Syndicate have to make the cover mechanic more fluid so you can move around faster while cover and make it less sticky.

For the Blackbox missions, make the targets move around more. In Unity, the targets didn't move around in the area as much as I originally thought they would like in the old hitman games. And bring in more mod missions instead of the two mod missions for each blackbox mission. Bring in around 10 and choose up to 5 of them to change the black box missions entirely.

Mataresian
05-11-2015, 08:35 PM
The only thing I want from Syndicate is the english countryside. Paris albeit very large felt very constricted to me with the lack of a proper countryside and being confined between those walls.

SixKeys
05-11-2015, 08:59 PM
The only thing I want from Syndicate is the english countryside. Paris albeit very large felt very constricted to me with the lack of a proper countryside and being confined between those walls.

^ This. I would be content with the story taking place in a smaller version of London as long as it meant having more diverse locations. I still miss AC2's variety of scenery.

Sushiglutton
05-11-2015, 09:05 PM
^ This. I would be content with the story taking place in a smaller version of London as long as it meant having more diverse locations. I still miss AC2's variety of scenery.

Agree so much with this. Let us board a train out to the countryside :)!

VestigialLlama4
05-11-2015, 09:21 PM

Well this is Victorian London and Industrial Revolution, so its incongruous I think.

crusader_prophet
05-11-2015, 11:35 PM
What is MD and TOWCB?

Megas_Doux
05-11-2015, 11:42 PM
What is MD and TOWCB?

Modern day and Those Who Came Before.

And I do agree on the countryside thing, I have said 854958309580 and I sill say it again: Instead of the mini Paris called Versailles and even Saint Denis, I would have preferred a countryside full of forests and a couple of chateux......

However, gotta say Vestigia has a point.

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Well this is Victorian London and Industrial Revolution, so its incongruous I think.

Not really, in fact showing the countryside in contrast with the urbanized hub of London would drive the point home even further.

VestigialLlama4
05-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Not really, in fact showing the countryside in contrast with the urbanized hub of London would drive the point home even further.

It might work if the game was set in Manchester or Liverpool, the North of England where the countryside was actually being ravaged, but London was fairly urbanized before industrialization.

LoyalACFan
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
It might work if the game was set in Manchester or Liverpool, the North of England where the countryside was actually being ravaged, but London was fairly urbanized before industrialization.

We're not talking about London anymore, we're talking about a completely different map outside of it. Doesn't matter where in England it is, hell it could be in Scotland or Ireland given Ubisoft's recent hard-on for heroes with mixed national backgrounds.

VestigialLlama4
05-12-2015, 09:56 AM
We're not talking about London anymore, we're talking about a completely different map outside of it.

Well, it can be like Brotherhood, where the Leonardo Missions took you to the Italian countryside, places like Naples. Highly scripted events of course. I can imagine we'll go to Stonehenge at least.

Doesn't matter where in England it is, hell it could be in Scotland or Ireland given Ubisoft's recent hard-on for heroes with mixed national backgrounds.

Don't see any problem with mixed national backgrounds, the history of the world was fairly diverse you know.

SolidNSnake1985
05-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Better Optimization

Better Consistent FPS than Unity with its patches

less Blurry textures of characters

no Parity if a Console is capable of more

less Populated areas than Unity which they served no purpose than get in the way and cause FPS drops

in Conclusion hope they learned from the mistakes of Unity .. the Performance in Unity is what annoyed me the most "even after the patches" my Eyes can spot the judderness in that game

Cornik22
05-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Countryside like this

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hr3jx0.jpg