PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed on PS4, future entries on PS3, and is it worth it to buy a PS4?

j_emiles
05-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Back in December I started playing the Assassin's Creed series. I borrowed Black Flag from a friend, and fell in love with it. After that I proceeded to play Rogue, followed by AC1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, and am just finishing AC3. I've gotten 100% sync on the games so far, and was thoroughly disappointed that Unity wasn't for PS3. I've heard mixed reviews, but really can't enjoy any other games I have. The open-world, the story lines (in most of them), and overall fun of the series has left me wanting a PS4 just for the sake of playing the other games, especially with a new release in the works. The question I really want to know, is it worth it? A PS4 is expensive, as is Unity itself, and I want to hear from the people that have actually played it, not just critic reviews. So share your thoughts, both bad and good! Any help is appreciated, cause I'd hate to spend the money and not get the enjoyment out of it. No one I know owns a PS4 or has played it yet! :confused:

STDlyMcStudpants
05-09-2015, 03:03 AM
I predict PS4 getting a price cut this holiday.. perhaps wait for black friday and buy one with AC.. i htink $400 is well worth the price.. but i got mine new from newegg for $320 last black friday
There is no reason at all to run out and buy a current gen console..
BUT I think the day of big releases being on past gen are over.. if you want to play witcher, batman, bloodborne, unity, victory then you dont really have a choice...
But those are the only 5 games to be released or released that are worth buying a current gen console over...
Next year the library will Add Uncharted, Tomb Raider hopefully and probably Fallout 4 if not this year...
So if you HAVE to play those games when they come out byall means.. if not.. its worth a wait for a price cut...

Altair1789
05-09-2015, 04:14 AM
It would depend on you. Personally, I wouldn't get it only for Unity. Unity is fun, but you won't miss anything in the plot if you skip it (unless Arno is over 100 years old and changed his name to Jacob Frye). If I were you I'd wait to see if you think you'll like Syndicate. If Syndicate looks cool, you could get a PS4 and get Unity, Syndicate, and as McStudpants said, games like Fallout 4