PDA

View Full Version : Dev Update: Xbox 360

RoguishRonin
05-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Hello Trialsists,

In this week’s Dev Update we have a lot of information to discuss that focuses exclusively on the Xbox 360, so instead of writing a witty introduction paragraph, let’s just jump into it.

First up, we recently launched the After The Incident DLC on Xbox 360, which marks an awesome milestone of having completed the sixth and final piece of DLC by our one year mark. Unfortunately we were made aware of an issue where some Xbox 360 players were unable to unlock some of the Achievements in the game. The issue was fixed shortly after release, but the team has been unable to find a fix that will restore those Achievements for players who completed the unlock requirements before the fix was applied. We are currently looking at options for affected players and we will respond to the forum thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1017753-X360-Achievements-not-Unlocking-DLC5-6) for that subject when we have a final decision.

The second item relates to Uplay Recommended Cross-Platform support for Xbox 360. We previously held back tracks that were not able to run at an acceptable level on the Xbox 360 in an effort to keep the Uplay Feed the same on all platforms. As builders become better at optimizing their tracks for the platform they build on, the number of tracks that are simply too heavy for the Xbox 360 continues to increase. The task of finding and optimizing cross-platform tracks for this console has become an ever increasing challenge. Even when time allows for optimization, the tracks coming from the new generation of consoles or PC must be so heavily modified that the final results are not representative of the track that was selected for featuring. Because of these challenges, we are no longer requiring that all Uplay Recommended tracks run on Xbox 360.

Finally, we have reached our hardware limits on Xbox 360 with the release of 6 DLCs and 7 feature updates. This means that there will be no further updates to the game on this platform, as it is not feasible from a hardware standpoint. As we continue to develop the game for the new generation of hardware the difference between features and content will continue to grow and for this reason the Xbox 360 is no longer included in official Redlynx/Ubisoft contest or competitions with the PS4, Xbox One & PC.

From the team at RedLynx, we apologize for all of these changes for Xbox 360 players. We have been looking to find solutions to the problems, and we will continue to keep our Xbox 360 players in mind.

VEGASTRASH
05-08-2015, 06:34 PM
It seems like the 360 game was more hassle than it was worth. Well intended, but for a future possible Trials title...it will be nice to focus solely on next gen.

Hairy Cabbage
05-08-2015, 08:42 PM
No need to apologise really. Next gen consoles have been out for well over a year now and its about time people upgrade. they cant honestly expect old consoles to be supported forever.

Slightly off topic but it annoys me when developers still pump out games for these old consoles. People would be more inclined to upgrade if every new game released nowadays wasn't made for both current and old gen.

aMcConghie16
05-09-2015, 12:59 AM
I knew this was coming but I guess it is what it is. To be honest I agree when people say they shouldn't even of made fusion on 360 but they did. I can't wait to get an X1 but until then I guess il have to find anouther game to play:(

So there won't be anymore uplay picks for 360? What about the ninja track cross platforming??? What about the hazmat suit it's gone is it coming back.???

aMcConghie16
05-28-2015, 12:31 AM
Is there any answers to my above questions??

RoguishRonin
05-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Sorry, Conghie, I was sure I had answered you weeks ago.

1.Uplay Recommended tracks that fit within our quality & playability guidelines (after optimization) will be made available. Optimizing tracks for this console is more difficult now as players on other platforms continue to push more out of the editor, though.

2. Same as answer 1, as far as I know.

3. I'm looking into this.

aMcConghie16
05-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Sorry, Conghie, I was sure I had answered you weeks ago.

1.Uplay Recommended tracks that fit within our quality & playability guidelines (after optimization) will be made available. Optimizing tracks for this console is more difficult now as players on other platforms continue to push more out of the editor, though.

2. Same as answer 1, as far as I know.

3. I'm looking into this.

Ok cool thanks I'm a glass half full type of guy im just glad we are still getting picks. Will 360 be getting any of the cross platform ninja tracks I was really excited when I saw the thread a month ago. I've passed every RL NJ track but charred remains NJ.

Thanks again for your reply I hope I didn't come off like a jerk which wasn't my intention:)

RoguishRonin
05-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Actually, it turns out I was still on old information. Ninja tracks face the same playability requirements as Uplay Recommended, but there are other factors considered. As such, cross platforming of Ninja tracks is unlikely.

NSP_I_VeNoMz
05-29-2015, 03:54 AM
Suppose there is another season of DLC... Will 360 be getting it or is this where 360 is now set to gather dust?

mutetus
05-29-2015, 08:51 PM
As Shifty stated, the old 360 has reached its limits and I can confirm that its capacity is truly coming to and end now. I'm personally happy, somewhat surprised and extremely satisfied that we could even pull off all 6 DLCs on 360 after all (we really fought to get it all in there), and I'm even more happy and satisfied that we managed to do it for you only because we promised the entire season 1 in the beginning. I think it's about time to let the good old 360 rest now.

RoguishRonin
06-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Suppose there is another season of DLC... Will 360 be getting it or is this where 360 is now set to gather dust?

"there will be no further updates to the game on this platform"

onesimpleclik
06-16-2015, 01:42 AM
so.. does this mean if i upgrade to an Xbox One, i need to repurchase Trials Fusion, as well as the DLC? :/

RoguishRonin
06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Yes, Trials Fusion is not a cross-buy title.