PDA

View Full Version : ACS graphical leap?

dimbismp
05-08-2015, 07:15 AM
So,what can we expedt from ACS graphically?
Ac1 and Ac2 were really similar in terms of graphics.I don't know about Ac3-Ac4-Acro,as i played Ac4 on ps4 and i didn't touch rogue.But,i believe that the leap between Acb,ACr and Ac2 was quite big.
So,obviously,Acu is a really beatiful game,but sometimes it felt a little blurry.I hope they fix his up

Defalt221
05-08-2015, 08:02 AM
So,what can we expedt from ACS graphically?
Ac1 and Ac2 were really similar in terms of graphics.I don't know about Ac3-Ac4-Acro,as i played Ac4 on ps4 and i didn't touch rogue.But,i believe that the leap between Acb,ACr and Ac2 was quite big.
So,obviously,Acu is a really beatiful game,but sometimes it felt a little blurry.I hope they fix his up

Graphics, close-up details and the reflections already surpasses Unity. Just look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrx-8BnRc_0

dimbismp
05-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Man,this is no way in game graphics.
At the best case scenario,it is in engine graphics,but probably cgi

VestigialLlama4
05-08-2015, 03:10 PM
The general rule of thumb with New Consoles is that they get more confident with the systems in terms of potentials with each new iteration, what can and can't be done. AC3 in late-console cycle is a gigantic leap over AC1-ACRevelations and remains the summit of the Ps3/X360 era.

In any case, UNITY was a fairly unambitious game. it was a game intended to be a casual, newbie, shallow experience. Unity's PARIS is a flat area, no atmosphere, in other words Paris In Name Only, in essence. It doesn't have the diverse weather systems that the real city possesses. It's essentially a random content-generating sandbox with no depth and imagination. It did introduce vast crowds (with no variation in interaction), 1:1 structures and interiors. Those I imagine will be taken forward in VICTORY and it will be using the same engine as UNITY.

VICTORY/SYNDICATE, based on the clip we see, with the rains and foreboding music, will probably be more aestheticized than UNITY. Victorian London is generally a pretty aestheticized era and it has a rich history in video games, informing practically every gothic, fantasy-steampunk setting (THIEF, DISHONORED, ARKHAM ASYLUM), so they have an established visual reference guide of things to do and cliches to avoid. I imagine that they are using the same engine.

One thing that might be totally new in VICTORY (or SYNDICATE) is that a screenshot showed street-lighting, so we might have missions done in night, in cover of darkness and that might bring for the first time a light-meter to the franchise.

pacmanate
05-08-2015, 03:32 PM
i think it will be better for sure, I have no doubt, but not an AMAZING leap.

The only reason is due to the crowds, I doubt they will have such ridiculous crowd sizes in London.

VestigialLlama4
05-08-2015, 03:35 PM
i think it will be better for sure, I have no doubt, but not an AMAZING leap.

The only reason is due to the crowds, I doubt they will have such ridiculous crowd sizes in London.

Well they should, London towards the end of the 19th Century was crowded and overpopulated. In general 19th Century cities was an age of population rise in Europe. If the games are set in the East End and are anywhere close to trying to be accurate, you are looking at some of the worst slums in recorded history (read Alan Moore's FROM HELL) almost Third World living conditions and overpopulated streets.

That's basically the big danger with going forward, increase of foot traffic. Paris was of course highly populated during the French Revolution with nearly a million people residing there. London easily exceeded that by the Victorian Era.

m4r-k7
05-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Graphics, close-up details and the reflections already surpasses Unity. Just look:
]

Dude, that is 100% CGI. Its just a promotional gif, They may use in game assets for the teaser but honestly there is no point judging the graphics of this game based on that animation as its clearly CGI.

pacmanate
05-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Well they should, London towards the end of the 19th Century was crowded and overpopulated. In general 19th Century cities was an age of population rise in Europe. If the games are set in the East End and are anywhere close to trying to be accurate, you are looking at some of the worst slums in recorded history (read Alan Moore's FROM HELL) almost Third World living conditions and overpopulated streets.

That's basically the big danger with going forward, increase of foot traffic. Paris was of course highly populated during the French Revolution with nearly a million people residing there. London easily exceeded that by the Victorian Era.

I just don't see how the roads would compensate, especially now as it seems like we will have horses taking up the road with carriages now. It means that empty street space is now filled with something other than people.

m4r-k7
05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
^ I imagine the back alleys and smaller streets will be filled with the homeless etc but the main streets will be less popular with more horse and carriages etc. I hope its less populated than France anyway as the crowd just got in the way too much.

ze_topazio
05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
The general rule of thumb with New Consoles is that they get more confident with the systems in terms of potentials with each new iteration, what can and can't be done. AC3 in late-console cycle is a gigantic leap over AC1-ACRevelations and remains the summit of the Ps3/X360 era.

In any case, UNITY was a fairly unambitious game. it was a game intended to be a casual, newbie, shallow experience. Unity's PARIS is a flat area, no atmosphere, in other words Paris In Name Only, in essence. It doesn't have the diverse weather systems that the real city possesses. It's essentially a random content-generating sandbox with no depth and imagination. It did introduce vast crowds (with no variation in interaction), 1:1 structures and interiors. Those I imagine will be taken forward in VICTORY and it will be using the same engine as UNITY.

VICTORY/SYNDICATE, based on the clip we see, with the rains and foreboding music, will probably be more aestheticized than UNITY. Victorian London is generally a pretty aestheticized era and it has a rich history in video games, informing practically every gothic, fantasy-steampunk setting (THIEF, DISHONORED, ARKHAM ASYLUM), so they have an established visual reference guide of things to do and cliches to avoid. I imagine that they are using the same engine.

One thing that might be totally new in VICTORY (or SYNDICATE) is that a screenshot showed street-lighting, so we might have missions done in night, in cover of darkness and that might bring for the first time a light-meter to the franchise.

Ain't AC3 that game where they simplified the controls to the max, made almost every action as automatic as possible, went to the trouble of adding a slow motion moment after counterattacking, made every mission as linear as possible with very obvious signs of what you need to do, spread shiny icons all over the map to make sure you knew exactly what side activity you can to do, and the game starts with a 5 hour long tutorial and even after changing to Connor we still have occasional intrusive tutorial.
That sounds like the definition of casual and newbie friendly to me.

Sushiglutton
05-08-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't expect a leap at all. I bet Syndicate will be mostly based on Unity's engine with minor improvements. Since Unity had such massive problems at launch, I think Ubi will try to play it as safe as they can. Priority will be to make a game that runs "flawlessly" out of the gate. Besides what I've seen from Unity it's allready gorgeous. I don't think the visuals are the area in most need of improvement, on the contrary.

What I'm hoping for though is a proper day night cycle and weather affects. Both of these adds a lot to an open world in terms of spectrum of feel and visual variety.

Xstantin
05-08-2015, 04:00 PM
^ I imagine the back alleys and smaller streets will be filled with the homeless etc but the main streets will be less popular with more horse and carriages etc. I hope its less populated than France anyway as the crowd just got in the way too much.

I could see something like that

https://www.awesomestories.com/images/user/db63eeb4dd1e87c02c14fcfd6942b673.jpg

Sushiglutton
05-08-2015, 04:03 PM
I could see something like that

https://www.awesomestories.com/images/user/db63eeb4dd1e87c02c14fcfd6942b673.jpg

Wow, that's depressing. Def agree they need some kind of crowd density to sell this vision. Wonder what made people go on in those times.

m4r-k7
05-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Wow, that's depressing. Def agree they need some kind of crowd density to sell this vision. Wonder what made people go on in those times.

I think to sell this vision they need great fog animations / weather to give it that spooky and depressing atmosphere, and they need the sounds to be on point as well. I really want to walk through the foggy streets of London like a badass :P

BananaBlighter
05-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Well if they can optimize it enough then they can push it up to 1080p instead of 900p. Unity already looks great apart from that, though I believe crowds won't be as big. I honestly found them annoying to get past, but from a distance they looked good. I don't know how much protesting was going on in Victorian London, but the reason crowds in Unity were big wasn't because of overpopulation, it was because of the protests and gathering for beheadings, so just because London was very populated, crowds may not necessarily be that large.

VestigialLlama4
05-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I don't know how much protesting was going on in Victorian London, but the reason crowds in Unity were big wasn't because of overpopulation, it was because of the protests, so just because London was very populated, crowds may not necessarily be that large.

Well most of the crowds in UNITY don't do "protesting", they are just there. Protests and revolutions don't have anything to do with size of crowds or crowd activity. The easiest thing is actually to code and give activities to the crowd to do crazy things and disrupt the game, by giving them activities you can make the crowds feel bigger than they are. In UNITY the numbers were amazing because most of them really didn't do much and ideally they should have been more revolutionary and pro-active than what we see in the game.

In Victorian London, the reason for the crowds, at least in the East End, was poor housing and weak facilities. There were also constant immigration and England's political elite had a "poor can go f-ck themselves" attittude which did nothing to solve their population problems, they used that attitude to justify starving the Irish during the Famine.

SolidNSnake1985
05-08-2015, 07:30 PM
they need to calm the crowd count a bit .. in Unity as others mentioned they just get in the way (and an issue that is causing framerates to drop) despite what ubisoft said that the crowd is not the issue of the FPS drop but whenever they're around it drops "even with the Patches the FPS still take a hit" the game was juddery and only smooth experience is on the rooftops.

with Victory i'm hoping a smooth release and Optimized well instead of a 24 fps cinematic experience in unity

Going4Quests
05-08-2015, 09:34 PM
For me these look advanced:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tUvdXjEquaw/maxresdefault.jpg

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/12/assassins_creed_victory_2.jpg

Shahkulu101
05-08-2015, 10:52 PM
^ Target footage is almost always completely different from the final game.

Not least because it's not gameplay at all but a CGI render of what the devs hope to achieve. So comparing target footage with the game, or gauging the footage to see how the final product might look - is pointless.

m4r-k7
05-08-2015, 11:05 PM
^ To be fair that could be the actual in game graphics as they aren't that unbelievable. It looks like a bit of a step up from Unity. I know its target footage but I wouldn't call it CGI as it doesn't look like CGI at all - CGI is what they use in the E3 trailers which are ultra-realistic. In fact those graphics look very believable.

Pandassin
05-08-2015, 11:12 PM
As long as there's better rain/weather system, darker nights, fog and brighter street lights; I'll be happy with that. I wonder if there'll be a day/night cycle in this one (I doubt it but one can hope).

Altair1789
05-09-2015, 04:09 AM
As long as there's better rain/weather system, darker nights, fog and brighter street lights; I'll be happy with that. I wonder if there'll be a day/night cycle in this one (I doubt it but one can hope).

Also snow. And 4 seasons

EDIT: Just remembered, I did a clock analyzation a while back on the Victory speculation thread, the clocks actually moved based on time. Day and night is back :D

Namikaze_17
05-09-2015, 05:53 AM
EDIT: Just remembered, I did a clock analyzation a while back on the Victory speculation thread, the clocks actually moved based on time. Day and night is back :D

You're welcome. :rolleyes:

shobhit7777777
05-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Graphics should be the LEAST of Syndicate's worries. ACU is one of the best looking games out there.

Its gameplay that I hope to see a massive jump in.

Watch_Dogs and ACU - two open world games which were supposed to be emergent gameplay sandboxes but turned out to be empty cardboard boxes.

I would like to see improvement in the NPC AI and a far deeper world/crowd simulation system. The crowd should be a reactive, core gameplay element in a current gen game. The player's actions should resonate throughout the game world. The systems need to "talk" to each other.

Covert ways to manipulate the crowd and also the need to be aware of the atmosphere should be up front in Syndicate. No more inconsistent mechanics like chucking a firecracker and losing blend around you, no more drawing a ****ing rifle to quick fire a dart and losing blend, no more chucking money only to realize that that the money grabbing crowd doesn't provide a blend oppurtunity and doesn't even block pursuers, blend animations, smart civvies that call out to guards, no more "Restricted Zones" where its essentially a ****ty cover based stealth games without any social cover.

Assassin's Creed USP - its market differentiatior - is the fact that it allows you unparalleled freedom of traversal in a unique historical setting that is teeming with urban life. The gameplay USP was the concept of being this deadly, invisible assassin moving through the crowds. AC has yet to deliver a comprehensive assassin experience

Also, can we please **** off with the disgustingly stupid AI - designed for urban, crowd based gameplay, but showcased in Splinter Cell lite levels - its just not gonna fly.

Unity had ALL the ingredients to make an exquisite omelette....they ****ed it up. They ****ed up an omelette....it should be impossible to do that. They did. Ubisoft did the impossible...but not in a good way at all.

Civona
05-09-2015, 08:42 PM
I really hope they just make it looks a bit more cohesive, I don't care if they have to lose some of the fancier effects to do it. I had misgivings about how much they pushed visuals with Unity when it was revealed, and I feel like my fears were justified. I really just want a nice art style, responsive controls, and a solid framerate. I don't care about it being a technical marvel.