PDA

View Full Version : Real FOV?

BaldieJr
03-15-2004, 08:46 AM
What FOV setting is 'more real'?

Also, will vertical FOV scale with horizontal at 1.33:1?

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

BaldieJr
03-15-2004, 08:46 AM
What FOV setting is 'more real'?

Also, will vertical FOV scale with horizontal at 1.33:1?

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

VW-IceFire
03-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Really...no FOV setting is more real (unless you start making a 360 degree vision FOV http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). Human eyes have the ability to focus or take in a wide angle. In reality both of these happen at the same time...its your brain in communication with your eyes that helps you focus on a particular object and its your brain that gives you warning if something is moving around the periphery.

What the FOV settings in FB do (the hotkeys) is let you switch around on these...its not like real eyes but it works.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

BaldieJr
03-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah yeah. I know.

I'll figure it out on my own. Optimum FOV depends on monitor size and distance from viewer. Once you throw in two other renders, it all goes out the window.

I wish we could customize horizontal and vertical FOV, and set them in the conf so that they never change.

Signature:

BaldieJr
03-15-2004, 11:36 AM
In case anyone was wondering....

at 85 degrees FOV, your 17 inch monitor needs to be at just over 10 inches from your eyes.

At 24 inches distance, FOV needs to be about 30 degrees. Good luck with that view!

Signature: