PDA

View Full Version : High Altitude Flying

Bristolboy
02-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I have just upgraded the ram on my pc to 1024mb and tried a QMB in a Mig 3U at 7,500. I have heard numerous complaints about the modelling at this kind of altitude but with extra ram I found it a beautiful experience. The mist flowing over the wings was amazing and you could almost see the cold out there. I don't remember this before the upgrade so I have no idea whether this is a by product or not. I also found it challenging but not impossible(certainly not as difficult as I have previously). I would say that you have to be careful at this height as you gain speed quickly but can also lose height very rapidly which can prove tricky to regain.

Admittedly I was flying a Mig 3U Which some regard as a bit too "supersonic" but that wouldn't account for the mist effects.

Bristolboy
02-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I have just upgraded the ram on my pc to 1024mb and tried a QMB in a Mig 3U at 7,500. I have heard numerous complaints about the modelling at this kind of altitude but with extra ram I found it a beautiful experience. The mist flowing over the wings was amazing and you could almost see the cold out there. I don't remember this before the upgrade so I have no idea whether this is a by product or not. I also found it challenging but not impossible(certainly not as difficult as I have previously). I would say that you have to be careful at this height as you gain speed quickly but can also lose height very rapidly which can prove tricky to regain.

Admittedly I was flying a Mig 3U Which some regard as a bit too "supersonic" but that wouldn't account for the mist effects.

LEXX_Luthor
02-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Interesting. What was your previous system? I would like to get rid of the "mist." The stuff is 1200 meters thick. Far more deep than the high altitude flat clouds you see from lower levels, which I assume the mist is supposed to represent as you pass through the high level flat clouds.

you will still have FB , you will lose nothing ~WUAF_Badsight
I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait... ~Bearcat99
Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age ~ElAurens