PDA

View Full Version : My two rubles worth.....

Spudkopf
02-26-2004, 03:12 PM
G'day to Oleg and the rest of the Il2(FB) team

Just some suggestions

In quick mission is it at all possible to have it remember your preferred settings as to which side you last flew for "Axis V Allied" like it does for your skin preference, as it's been many a time that I've jumped into a mission and forgotten to hit that button and ended up in a Red star Stuka. This situation may seem a tad petty and I no there is no cure for my for my forgetfulness or stupidity, but with my low spec machine loading times are pretty long and backing out and going back in is a bummer

In a simular vein would it be possible that when you choose to fly Axis against certain Allied types that the most relevant country markings are selected i.e. B17 = USA, P51 = USA, Blenheim = UK etc.

Lastly a slight enhancement of the cockpit zoom facility that would allow you to choose your optimum zoom out (wide angle) posiotion, pushing it left or right and perhaps slightly back to simulate craning your neck, this would be handy for landings, takeoffs and particularly for the taxing of tail draggers. In game a combination of the "Page Down" key and "mouse" could be used.

It goes without saying that the above are merely my left field suggestions for gameplay enhancement and may be not at all practical to implement or even desired by other players.

Thanks to all for your efforts thus far......

[This message was edited by Spudkopf on Thu February 26 2004 at 02:38 PM.]

Spudkopf
02-26-2004, 03:12 PM
G'day to Oleg and the rest of the Il2(FB) team

Just some suggestions

In quick mission is it at all possible to have it remember your preferred settings as to which side you last flew for "Axis V Allied" like it does for your skin preference, as it's been many a time that I've jumped into a mission and forgotten to hit that button and ended up in a Red star Stuka. This situation may seem a tad petty and I no there is no cure for my for my forgetfulness or stupidity, but with my low spec machine loading times are pretty long and backing out and going back in is a bummer

In a simular vein would it be possible that when you choose to fly Axis against certain Allied types that the most relevant country markings are selected i.e. B17 = USA, P51 = USA, Blenheim = UK etc.

Lastly a slight enhancement of the cockpit zoom facility that would allow you to choose your optimum zoom out (wide angle) posiotion, pushing it left or right and perhaps slightly back to simulate craning your neck, this would be handy for landings, takeoffs and particularly for the taxing of tail draggers. In game a combination of the "Page Down" key and "mouse" could be used.

It goes without saying that the above are merely my left field suggestions for gameplay enhancement and may be not at all practical to implement or even desired by other players.

Thanks to all for your efforts thus far......

[This message was edited by Spudkopf on Thu February 26 2004 at 02:38 PM.]

Cossack13
02-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Ooops! Wrong forum!

Spudkopf
02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
G'day Cossack13

No just my cut and paste efforts failed and I was just testing to see if my typed text went trough, of corse it did much to my embarrassment

Spudkopf
03-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Make that Four.....

G'day all

Just a couple more left field suggestions.

In quick mission an option to be able to start the mission on the ground would be nice as it would allow you to practice both your takeoffs and navigation skills.

As an addition to my earlier POV refinement suggestion it would also be nice to be able to crack open the canopy (I think they did this in Rowan's BOB) thus making the left and right shift of the POV idea more useful.

Again just sounding of some thoughts for what it's worth.....

Spud

Spudkopf
03-03-2004, 02:58 AM
I'll see your four and raise you two..

I know this looks like I'm just bumping my post here but I think I had my best oddball idea yet.

How about being able to have a skin veiwing option while in the object viewer, this would be great for trolling through all your downloaded skins.

....and if you could then choose your default skin from here also then wow that would be cool.

Don't mind me it's obvious I'm easily amused, give me a piece of string and I will be entertained for hours.

I have to do something while I wait the release of the add-on Down-under.

I'll try not to bother you again..............

Spud

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/langlotz/305 images/6STG2.gif