PDA

View Full Version : Problems to land

Acharat02
01-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Greetings,

I'm playing IL-2 for two years, but I could never land a plane. I bought a joystick the last month, I'm going better, but je n'arrive toujours pas a atterrir, je m'enfonce a terre la t√¬™te la premi√¬®re.

So I have three questions:

1. Why when I'm near the ground (50m) my plane falls to the left or to the right and crashes (always crashes, toujours, c'est a pleurer) ?

2. What means the HDG on the left corner of the screen ? (I didn't see this on the manual)

3. The IL-2 is the easiest plane to land with ?

Thank you.

Acharat02
01-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Greetings,

I'm playing IL-2 for two years, but I could never land a plane. I bought a joystick the last month, I'm going better, but je n'arrive toujours pas a atterrir, je m'enfonce a terre la t√¬™te la premi√¬®re.

1. Why when I'm near the ground (50m) my plane falls to the left or to the right and crashes (always crashes, toujours, c'est a pleurer) ?

2. What means the HDG on the left corner of the screen ? (I didn't see this on the manual)

Thank you.

ELEM
01-16-2004, 03:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Acharat02:
Greetings,

Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. You are obviously too slow on finals and you are getting wing tip stall. Are you using full flaps? Your approach speed on finals should between 180-200 kmph aiming to touch down at @ 150-160 kmph depending on the a/c. Keep @ 20-30% power on with full flap and when within 10-20 m of the ground pull gently back on the stick to keep your nose just on or above the horizon. Ease back the power and the a/c will settle. Keep stick fully back untill you come to a standstill.

2. HDG is your Heading. The compass course you are flying.

3.Yes, the IL-2 is one of the easiest to land. It has good low speed handling properties.

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as member!

Zayets
01-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Your left wing dips , you're at stall speed. Try always to have enough power on landing. This is very important. If you can land a Bf at 170-180 , try to keep a rough 200 on the final. I do 210-220. IL2 is much more easier. Keep at 170-180 n final , you can safely land at 15-160.

HDG comes from heading , it shows ... were you're heading to http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The IL2 is one of the most plane to land with. But in my book ,he111 is the easiest plane to land with. You also have an advantage that you can see under its nose. TB3 is also a very easy to land plane since it has a very low top speed.
But if you speak about IL2 , not IL2/FB , then yes , IL2 is the easiest.

Zayets out

AlGroover
01-16-2004, 05:57 AM
Watch your airspeed very carefully. Try not to come in too steep. Try to fly 1-2 metres above the runway, then lower the aircraft by closing the throttle. Some aircraft need quite a lot of throttle to land smoothly, example of this is the Brewster.