PDA

View Full Version : AC4 patch

LordMismagius
05-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Just bought ac4 (for PC) yesterday (ik im playing a game almost 2 years old), all the 3 disks installed fine and now when I open ubisoft in online mode and try to start the game , It says you will need to update your game inorder to play it and a patch consisting of 6,2 gb starts getting downloaded, Is this some sort of bug or is it actually so? I mean a 6gb patch for ac4 (PC)? The game seems to work in offline mode but in online mod I will need to download that massive patch to play. pls help!

Mr_Shade
05-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Hi, There are a few updates - that will be bundled into that - and MP components.

LordMismagius
05-04-2015, 03:33 PM
So ill have to download a whooping 6gb with my mere 1-2 mbps speed i Guess . :(
Ill try to, my only fear was that of it being a installation bug. after downloading will it affect my progress made in offline mode in singleplayer?
Moreover is the ac4 pc multiplayer community active nowadays?

LordMismagius
05-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Bump. pls reply

tunnelcat
05-05-2015, 11:11 PM
So ill have to download a whooping 6gb with my mere 1-2 mbps speed i Guess . :(
Ill try to, my only fear was that of it being a installation bug. after downloading will it affect my progress made in offline mode in singleplayer?
Moreover is the ac4 pc multiplayer community active nowadays?

Those several patches are large. 6 Gigs sounds about right for the whole package. I'm only updated to version 1.4, because I only have a 1.5 mbps connection, so I never have gotten that last really big patch and I can't play online because of it. Damn near choked when I saw the size of the thing too, so I never downloaded it and instead played through several times in offline mode. If I had to reinstall the game today though, I'd be stuck twiddling my thumbs for days having to download the whole big package, since Ubisoft doesn't let you download separate patches. You're only offered the whole monster patch now. Be glad you don't have AC Unity. Now there's a huge patch.

If there's a big online community out there, I haven't had the chance to look. Maybe one day I buckle down and download the rest.

UbiVolfbane
05-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Please do as suggested as above and download the updates for the game. The files may be large but it includes the first patch up until the final patch. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to the Support team here (https://support.ubi.com/).

tunnelcat
05-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Oh, I wasn't dissuading the OP to not download the full patches. I wanted to let him know that the patch was indeed large in size and that it wasn't an error.

By the way, why can't Ubisoft set up their client so that if I start a download for a few hours, then pause it, then CLOSE THE CLIENT, why does what it just downloaded vanish? If I pause any download and close the client, POOF, any previous data downloaded evaporates and the client has to start the whole download all over again. I can't leave my gaming machine on all the time because of the room it's located in, so it would at least be nice to have the client save what it downloads during a previous day's session, so that the user can boot their machine and continue the download the next day.

LordMismagius
05-06-2015, 05:38 PM
The client downloader idea is good. Flexible pausing , stopping and resuming will help slow internet possessors to cope with major patches. And as for now, Ill try to download the patch only if the pc multiplayer community is ample.

tunnelcat
05-06-2015, 06:18 PM
The client downloader idea is good. Flexible pausing , stopping and resuming will help slow internet possessors to cope with major patches. And as for now, Ill try to download the patch only if the pc multiplayer community is ample.

If the game WORKS in offline mode from an initial installation, go for it in single player in offline mode. You may run into a few bugs or crashes though. I had to patch to version 1.4 just to get a stable game, even in single player playing offline.

jeffies04
05-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Games these days are definitely taking advantage of the high broadband speeds that are becoming more common. I get over 100 Mbps at home, but when I travel (often) some hotels give a measly 2 Mbps it can be absolutely frustrating to get anything downloaded, so I definitely feel for anyone who is limited in their connection. As games get bigger so will the patches, so I hope fast internet becomes accessible to everyone soon.

LordMismagius
05-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Is AC4 multiplayer pc community active these days, I upgraded to 50mbps and can download the update, But I will only if there's populated online servers .