PDA

View Full Version : What an ideal/worst AC take from each game so far?

dimbismp
05-03-2015, 03:06 PM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of AC2
2.The story of AC4(obviously i mean the quality,not the story itself)
3.The MD of AC1
4.The "assassin-y" feeling of AC1
5.The side missions of ACB
6.The open world of AC4
7.The gameplay of ACU
8.The characters of AC3(like point 2)
9.The feels of ACR
10.A beautiful city like Paris or Constantinople

The worst possible AC would have:
1.The mystery of ACB
2.The story of ACU or ACB
3.The MD of ACU
4.The "assassin-y" feeling of AC3
5.The side missions of AC1
6.The open world of AC1
7.The gameplay of ...dunno AC2?
8.The characters of ACB
9.The feels of ACB or maybe ACU
10.An ugly city like NY

SixKeys
05-03-2015, 05:24 PM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of AC2
2.The story of AC4(obviously i mean the quality,not the story itself)
3.The MD of AC1
6.The open world of AC4
7.The gameplay of ACU
8.The characters of AC3(like point 2)
9.The feels of ACR
10.A beautiful city like Paris or Constantinople

1.The mystery of ACB
3.The MD of ACU
6.The open world of AC1
7.The gameplay of ...dunno AC2?
8.The characters of ACB
10.An ugly city like NY

What's wrong with the mystery of ACB? :confused: The glyph puzzles and Romulus cult were awesome.

Xstantin
05-03-2015, 05:49 PM
I liked the "assassin-y" feel of ACIII in theory :p I still find the Frontier demo impressive
Too bad it didn't translate that well into the actual game

Also, about "the feels of ACR": I think Ubi will need to stick with the characters for longer than one game which is a bit unlikely considering Connor and recently Arno

EmptyCrustacean
05-03-2015, 05:57 PM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of AC2
6.The open world of AC4
9.The feels of ACR

Me like.

SixKeys
05-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Rogue and Liberation are suspiciously absent from the list.

Shahkulu101
05-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Probably more to do with how forgettable they are.

VestigialLlama4
05-03-2015, 07:08 PM
MY ideal AC would have:
1) AC1 - Viewpoint system, simply reach the top and synch rather than crouch on triangular stand overlooking an edge. First Person View. Combat System. Mission Design. Villains
2) AC2 - Supporting Cast, Cities and Historical Tourism, Tombs, Glyph Puzzles, Epic Conclusion at Vatican
3) ACB - Integrated Faction Side Missions, Isola Teverina - Best AC HQ
4) REVELATIONS - Beautiful City Istanbul, Bomb Crowd Manipulation, Terrain with unique Traversal - Hookblade and Parachute (introduced in ROME but not as useful and regular in implementation as here)
5) AC3 - Best Hub World - The Frontier and Homestead. Best Side Missions in terms of Variety - Naval, Forts, Hunting, Kidd Missions, Boston Brawlers, Homestead Errands. Tyranny of Washington - Best DLC concept. Whistling, open-world blending, rope-darts.
6) Black Flag - Supporting Cast, Integrated Side Missions, Legendary Ships - Optional Boss Fights that are really hard and challenging, Improved open-world stealth., Sea Shanties - Collectable that works as world-building but not something you are forced into collecting.
7) Unity - Next-Gen Graphics and 1:1 Interiors

The Ideal AC would not have:

1) AC1 - Flags
2) AC2 - Feathers, Repititive Codex Side Mission.
3) Brotherhood - Poor DLC-level story, Weak Main Story and Missions, Multiplayer.
4) Revelations - Den Defense, Reuse of Mechanics (economy, recruitment) from brotherhood in ill-fitting context, Multiplayer
5) AC3 - Overly long tutorials, linear main missions, weak integration of historical elements with main story, Multiplayer
6) Black Flag - Streamlined natural surroundings, simplified economy, lack of difficult opponents, overpowered Eagle Vision(which is now X-Ray Eyes).
7) Unity - Story, Plot, Fake-BBC English accent, Ugliness of Eagle Sense with glowing enemies floating behind walls destroying the visual aesthetic, lack of any historical accuracy, Co-Op.
8) ROGUE - Never get developed...

In terms of protagonists until Rogue-Unity, I like all the protagonists. My favorites are Altair and Connor. But ultimately, I play the game for the setting and storytelling and how it comes across.

GunnerGalactico
05-03-2015, 08:13 PM
MY ideal AC would have:
1) AC1 - Viewpoint system, simply reach the top and synch rather than crouch on triangular stand overlooking an edge. First Person View. Combat System. Mission Design. Villains
2) AC2 - Supporting Cast, Cities and Historical Tourism, Tombs, Glyph Puzzles, Epic Conclusion at Vatican
3) ACB - Integrated Faction Side Missions, Isola Teverina - Best AC HQ
4) REVELATIONS - Beautiful City Istanbul, Bomb Crowd Manipulation, Terrain with unique Traversal - Hookblade and Parachute (introduced in ROME but not as useful and regular in implementation as here)
5) AC3 - Best Hub World - The Frontier and Homestead. Best Side Missions in terms of Variety - Naval, Forts, Hunting, Kidd Missions, Boston Brawlers, Homestead Errands. Tyranny of Washington - Best DLC concept. Whistling, open-world blending, rope-darts.
6) Black Flag - Supporting Cast, Integrated Side Missions, Legendary Ships - Optional Boss Fights that are really hard and challenging, Improved open-world stealth., Sea Shanties - Collectable that works as world-building but not something you are forced into collecting.
7) Unity - Next-Gen Graphics and 1:1 Interiors

The Ideal AC would not have:

1) AC1 - Flags
2) AC2 - Feathers, Repititive Codex Side Mission.
3) Brotherhood - Poor DLC-level story, Weak Main Story and Missions.
4) Revelations - Den Defense, Reuse of Mechanics (economy, recruitment) from brotherhood in ill-fitting context.
5) AC3 - Overly long tutorials, linear main missions, weak integration of historical elements with main story.
6) Black Flag - Streamlined natural surroundings, simplified economy, lack of difficult opponents, overpowered Eagle Vision(which is now X-Ray Eyes).
7) Unity - Story, Plot, Fake-BBC English accent, Ugliness of Eagle Sense with glowing enemies floating behind walls destroying the visual aesthetic, lack of any historical accuracy, Co-Op.
8) ROGUE - Never get developed...

In terms of protagonists until Rogue-Unity, I like all the protagonists. My favorites are Altair and Connor. But ultimately, I play the game for the setting and storytelling and how it comes across.

^ This pretty much.

In addition, I would also like exciting side content from ACB and I do enjoy MP.

EmbodyingSeven5
05-03-2015, 10:45 PM
I liked the "assassin-y" feel of ACIII in theory :p I still find the Frontier demo impressive
Too bad it didn't translate that well into the actual game

Also, about "the feels of ACR": I think Ubi will need to stick with the characters for longer than one game which is a bit unlikely considering Connor and recently Arno

Feel the same. Connor was just too involved with the conflict in game. My favorite line from the demo is when Connor tells the patriot that "I'm just here for the Templar."

pacmanate
05-03-2015, 10:58 PM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of AC1, everything fresh and new, uncertainty of the bigger picture
2.The story of AC4 with the neutrality and wreckless character who is his own person. Having it be his story as a person growing and changing.
3.The MD of ACB/AC3 - I loved visiting a modern Colosseum and also loved different enivornments for MD that AC3 had
5.The side missions of AC4. The way side missions such as Templar keys having their own contained side story made it feel like a nice short DLC due to cutscenes.
6.The open world of AC4/AC3 - The Frontier in my opinion is the most impressive thing in an AC game to date location wise. AC4's jungles were also amazing.
7.The gameplay of ACU - Parkour reasons, its very fluid.
9.The feels of ACR
10.A beautiful city like Constantinople - The vibrant colours make this a stand out city for me

Megas_Doux
05-03-2015, 11:18 PM
My ideal one:

A big,vibrant city like Paris or Constantinople, but with a good and contrasting countryside ala AC III, however with more stuff to do other than just wandering around.
AC I´s mystery vibe. In fact I want to go back to the middle ages.
AC II´s soundtrack and platforming levels.
AC IV´s kind of story in which your father/mother´s death does not trigger everything.
ACU´s combat or harder. With some variety, though.
AC IV´s open world, the closest AC has had to the level of Rockstar.
ACB´s modern gameplay/missions.

The worst one:

Main cities that I just don´t enjoy, like NY.
AC II´s combat!!!!!! Other than being super easy is plain AWFUL.
No background music.
AC III´s mission design.
AC III´s forrest gump effect or its exact opposite as well.
ACR´s shortness.
AC Rogue´s over recycling and voice acting.

LieutenantRex
05-04-2015, 04:58 AM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of AC1, everything fresh and new, uncertainty of the bigger picture
2.The story of AC4 with the neutrality and wreckless character who is his own person. Having it be his story as a person growing and changing.
3.The MD of ACB/AC3 - I loved visiting a modern Colosseum and also loved different enivornments for MD that AC3 had
5.The side missions of AC4. The way side missions such as Templar keys having their own contained side story made it feel like a nice short DLC due to cutscenes.
6.The open world of AC4/AC3 - The Frontier in my opinion is the most impressive thing in an AC game to date location wise. AC4's jungles were also amazing.
7.The gameplay of ACU - Parkour reasons, its very fluid.
9.The feels of ACR
10.A beautiful city like Constantinople - The vibrant colours make this a stand out city for me

Forgive me for my counter, kind sir, but the modern day segments, save the New York one, in Assassin's Creed III were awful. Honestly, reusing Animus character models? It completely broke the illusion of the section being different from the historical ones. Brazil was nice in concept, I suppose, but the buggy combat (I mean aesthetically-- I'm aware combat was fine) ruined any sort of resonance that I could have felt. And again, all the character models were terrible. I hated the fact that modern day was expanded the way it was, for the development team couldn't have possibly pulled it off without sacrificing visual appeal and the immersive semblance that corresponded.

Anyhow, I do agree with you in the ACB aspect. Do check out my thread explaining why it was the best AC game until Unity.

phoenix-force411
05-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Only Modern Day of ACB mattered. Whatever happened within ACB's Ezio's timeline was not important, anyhow, but we are forced to have Desmond resync more with the rest of Ezio's memories to see what happened in Sequence 9.

king-hailz
05-04-2015, 07:16 AM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of AC2
2.The story of AC2
3.The MD of ACB
6.The open world of AC4
7.The gameplay of AC1-R
8.The characters of AC2/4
9.The feels of ACR
10.A beautiful city like Paris or Constantinople also multiple cities.

1.The mystery of ACU
2.The story of ACU
3.The MD of ACU
6.The open world of AC1
7.The gameplay ACU
U.The characters of ACU
9.The feels of ACU/AC3
10.An ugly city like NY

dimbismp
05-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Haven't played them.
As for ACB,the main story didn't have much mystery IMO

SixKeys
05-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Haven't played them.
As for ACB,the main story didn't have much mystery IMO

What mystery did AC2's main story have, exactly?

king-hailz
05-04-2015, 11:16 AM

The chosen one, we didn't know who he was, we didn't know what the vault was, we didn't really know what was going on... It was all a mystery in the story.

SixKeys
05-04-2015, 11:29 AM
The chosen one, we didn't know who he was, we didn't know what the vault was, we didn't really know what was going on... It was all a mystery in the story.

Ezio being the Prophet was incredibly obvious from the plot structure alone. The Vault and Minerva literally happened in the last 5 minutes of the game, before that they weren't even mentioned in the story. As for "what was going on"? Ezio was going after the people who killed his family. That's all there is to it.

king-hailz
05-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Ezio being the Prophet was incredibly obvious from the plot structure alone. The Vault and Minerva literally happened in the last 5 minutes of the game, before that they weren't even mentioned in the story. As for "what was going on"? Ezio was going after the people who killed his family. That's all there is to it.

Well actually we didn't know what was going on... We didn't know who the assassins were, we didn't know what the assassins and tinplate wanted with each other, we didn't know why people kept helping us, we didn't know why his father was really killed. We found all of this out along the way...

SixKeys
05-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Well actually we didn't know what was going on... We didn't know who the assassins were, we didn't know what the assassins and tinplate wanted with each other, we didn't know why people kept helping us, we didn't know why his father was really killed. We found all of this out along the way...

Of course we knew who the assassins were. We met them in AC1, remember?

If you watched AC: Lineage, you already knew why Giovanni was killed before playing the game. (The short film came out at the same time.)

People kept helping us because we helped them first. We helped Uncle Mario take down the Templars at Tuscany, we saved Rosa so Antonio agreed to help us in return, we helped Caterina so she helped us, Leonardo was a family friend so he helped us. None of this is mysterious at all.

pacmanate
05-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Forgive me for my counter, kind sir, but the modern day segments, save the New York one, in Assassin's Creed III were awful. Honestly, reusing Animus character models? It completely broke the illusion of the section being different from the historical ones. Brazil was nice in concept, I suppose, but the buggy combat (I mean aesthetically-- I'm aware combat was fine) ruined any sort of resonance that I could have felt. And again, all the character models were terrible. I hated the fact that modern day was expanded the way it was, for the development team couldn't have possibly pulled it off without sacrificing visual appeal and the immersive semblance that corresponded.

Anyhow, I do agree with you in the ACB aspect. Do check out my thread explaining why it was the best AC game until Unity.

Im not talking about the asthetics or execution of the MD, just that I liked going to completely different environments around the world.

Megas_Doux
05-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Im not talking about the asthetics or execution of the MD, just that I liked going to completely different environments around the world.

The ones at the tower -that is ignoring how they ruined Daniel cross- and Brazil were really good for AC standards, however the infiltration one was uber cringe worthy.

VestigialLlama4
05-04-2015, 03:31 PM
The ones at the tower -that is ignoring how they ruined Daniel cross- and Brazil were really good for AC standards, however the infiltration one was uber cringe worthy.

The only MD missions I really liked was the finale of Brotherhood, where you see the Colosseum in the Modern Era after playing in the Renaissance version for so much time. I also liked the flashback of Ezio and Claudia's escape from Monteriggioni as Desmond is going inside. That part had the past and present interacting with each other beautifully.

In any case MD will always be disappointing I feel. It ideally needs a full game devoted to showing how 20-21st Century Assassins work. The gameplay has to change completely to show what social stealth means today and what kind of targets do the Assassins whack today. Presidents? CEOs? Gangsters? Bent Cops? Pedohile Priests? At the end of the day, it will be like Hitman or Deux Ex or...Watch_Dogs.

Megas_Doux
05-04-2015, 03:54 PM
In any case MD will always be disappointing I feel. It ideally needs a full game devoted to showing how 20-21st Century Assassins work. The gameplay has to change completely to show what social stealth means today and what kind of targets do the Assassins whack today. Presidents? CEOs? Gangsters? Bent Cops? Pedohile Priests? At the end of the day, it will be like Hitman or Deux Ex or...Watch_Dogs.

I fully agree!!!!!

Aside from the story, I think people should look back and see what and how the modern gameplay REALLY was. In AC I there´s lore and mystery, but Desmond only read E-mails. In AC II , well granted, there´even more mystery surrounding Clay 16 :p however the gameplay was "extended" to a couple of minutes of parkour and Desmond could not even leave the animus at will. ACB was probably the best, but in reality there was just more parkouring here and there. In ACR you had those first person levels ......

Modern day "assassinish" sections ala Splinter Cell/Metal Gear with the current mechanics, even with right direction of Unity would be utter ridiculous.

VestigialLlama4
05-04-2015, 04:19 PM
I fully agree!!!!!

Aside from the story, I think people should look back and see what and how the modern gameplay REALLY was. In AC I there´s lore and mystery, but Desmond only read E-mails. In AC II , well granted, there´even more mystery surrounding Clay 16 :p however the gameplay was "extended" to a couple of minutes of parkour and Desmond could not even leave the animus at will. ACB was probably the best, but in reality there was just more parkouring here and there. In ACR you had those first person levels ......

Modern day "assassinish" sections ala Splinter Cell/Metal Gear with the current mechanics, even with right direction of Unity would be utter ridiculous.

I actually liked those First Person Platform levels of Revelations. It was a little too much "keeping up with the Portals" but it was a cool approach to exploring Desmond (he really came alive as a character there). The puzzle sections in Black Flag are Mobile Game quality but its intended to be like that, and I liked the whole lore and easter eggs they put there. And you know UNITY's concept of Time Anomalies is cool. As long as they try and do something different and avoid repeating themselves (the wretched ROGUE where even the MD of Black Flag isn't given dignity of not being cannibalized) its fine. In AC3 I like the platforming around the Temple and those conversations/lore with Juno a lot more than the main missions, although its wrecked by the fact that its compulsory and not optional.

For me Modern Day was always a welcome bonus -- If they do something exceptional its a surprise but if they don't, its no loss. The historical part is more important.

The_Kiwi_
05-05-2015, 07:16 AM
The ideal AC would have:
1.The mystery of Shay
2.The story of Shay(obviously i mean the Shay,not the Shay itself)
3.The MD of Shay
4.The "templar-y" feeling of Shay
5.The side missions of Shay
6.The open world of Shay
7.The gameplay of Shay
8.The characters of Shay(like point 2)
9.The feels of Shay
10.A beautiful city like Shay or Shay

1.The mystery of ACB
3.The MD of ACU
4.The "assassin-y" feeling of ACU
6.The open world of ACB
7.The gameplay of ...dunno ACB?
8.The characters of ACU
10.An ugly city like Paris

There, I fixed it for you

dimbismp
05-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Well,ACB had even less mystery.
The allies were the same with AC2,and the whole game revolved around taking the apple back and killing the corrupt Borgias.I agree though that the Romulus lairs had an interesting vibe,but i am talking about the mai. Story

phoenix-force411
05-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Well,ACB had even less mystery.
The allies were the same with AC2,and the whole game revolved around taking the apple back and killing the corrupt Borgias.I agree though that the Romulus lairs had an interesting vibe,but i am talking about the mai. Story

The Borgias were boring in ACB. ACB had a boring plot for Ezio.

Xstantin
05-05-2015, 06:37 PM

That Lucrezia and Caterina highschool fight was thing of beauty :rolleyes:

rrebe
05-05-2015, 09:47 PM

It had a plot?

:rolleyes:

pirate1802
05-06-2015, 08:46 AM
It had a plot?

:rolleyes:

Apparently :p

My list *drum rolls and trumpets*

The best in-city atmosphere from AC1
The best characters (partially) from AC 1
The best land gameplay mechanics from AC1
The best in-city atmosphere from AC2
The best main city(s) from AC2
The best soundtrack from AC 2
The best nothing really from ACB
The best main city(s) from ACR
The best story and characters (partially) from AC3
The best protagonist from AC IV
The best out-of-city and general world atmosphere from AC IV
The best side quest gameplay loop from AC IV
The best story (partially) from AC IV
The best fanfictions and comically-caused earthquakes from AC Rogue
The best brain damaged protagonist from AC Rogue
The best technique invented yet for plagiarizing from your own franchise from ACU

The_Kiwi_
05-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Brain damaged? I hope you're just referring to him being through traumatic experiences leaving him mentally scarred, and not actually brain damaged

Best not be slandering my home boy

SixKeys
05-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Brain damaged? I hope you're just referring to him being through traumatic experiences leaving him mentally scarred, and not actually brain damaged

Best not be slandering my home boy

Nah, Shay's not brain-damaged. He's just an idiot.

VestigialLlama4
05-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Nah, Shay's not brain-damaged. He's just an idiot.

You and I are in perfect agreement.

The_Kiwi_
05-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Shay is not an idiot!
https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m035967kDC1qgzbrvo1_400.gif

I-Like-Pie45
05-07-2015, 01:43 AM
He's not just an idiot

He's an idiot mary sue

TexasCaesar
05-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Limiting myself to AC games I've played:

Best Possible AC
- The reconnaissance of AC1. You actually felt like an assassin, because you were spending your time, y'know, doing assassin's work.
- The level design of AC2. It was rather creative and had stealth sections that actually felt like puzzles. I miss Templar Hideouts.
- The Brotherhood mechanics of ACB. Much better than AC3 and ACU's horrible take on it.
- The epic story of AC3. By that, I mean that the story actually felt like a historical epic.
- The great content of AC4. There were so many different activities, all of them appropriate to the historical theme.
- The general gameplay of ACU.

Worst Possible AC
- The lack of content in AC1, besides being an assassin. Also, the extremely repetitive structure.
- No big complaints about AC2.
- The world of ACB. I liked Rome, but in hindsight, it's just the worst out of all the games.
- The, uh... I have no complaint about AC3.
- The combat of AC4. Dual-wielding swords looked like a cluster**** on screen, and it felt sluggish.
- The plot of ACU. Just... awful.

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2015, 10:30 PM
What an ideal/worst AC take from each game so far?

AC1 + weapon variety, smarter AI (in general), agressive enemies that don't wait in line to get killed, mission variety