PDA

View Full Version : Which AC is the hardest?

Tyrhydion
05-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Although AC Brotherhood is my all-time favourite of the whole franchise it is now for me also the most frustrating one. I always aim to get every achievement and every single mission 100%. With ACB I failed so far and with every re-run and I only waste time and make no progress at all.

I played it last time a year ago and wanted to give another try. Here is where I fail to move on:

- finding the third nutmeg for the doctor's mission
- not losing a health square in the final Da Vinci DLC mission (I always run out of smoke bombs before the fight is over, mainly because I unvoluntarily fire two smoke bombs at once)
- failing at the thief mission "Young at heart" (it's awfully hard)
- failing at the courtesean mission "Malpractice" (time restriction is too tough)

I guess there are still more sidemissions where I still flop. To push the main story to 100% was also much harder than with any other game, also the Borgia Banners took me at least 2 years to collect them all.

Also AC Revelations has tough parts, as there are many tough achievements/trophies which I haven't achieved yet.

On the other hand AC Rogue and AC Unity are all clear, nothing else to do there.

AC III should be clear but it isn't due to a glitch where the recruiting of an assassin to master proficiency didn't log in for the 100% progress reward. And in AC IV I haven't dared to battle the legendary ships although I beat them all in Rogue. So I guess I should be able to do it in Black Flag as well.

As with the very first game, the Templar glitch, where killing 60 templars counts as 59, also spoiled the experience for me. And re-running the game just for this achievement is extremely tiring and boring.

EmptyCrustacean
05-03-2015, 01:01 PM
I chose AC1 because of my play style. Stealth in that game is near impossible.
The easiest would have to be Black Flag.

Tyrhydion
05-03-2015, 01:19 PM
lol, that's true. I always think I can do stealth in AC and wonder why it doesn't work.

What's also tough about AC1 and AC2 is that the cut scenes cannot be skipped. That makes re-runs particularly hard.

SixKeys
05-03-2015, 03:56 PM
"Young at Heart" used to drive me crazy, until I realized it becomes so much easier if you: 1) kill at least the first two rooftop guards before starting the mission (if you fail and have to start over, back out and kill them again before restarting), and 2) have the climb leap glove and parachute upgrade from Leonardo. The others I don't really find too difficult. Getting full sync in the tank mission is tough but there's a known cheat for it which I used to get 100%. :p

IMO AC3 and Unity are probably the toughest. AC3 because the stealth is so messed up and some of the full sync requirements are infuriating (like "The Giant and the Storm" which is nearly impossible to complete if you've already upgraded your ship). Unity's stealth is challenging because of the number of enemies guarding each place and combat is a little tougher than in the past, at least if you have low level gear.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-03-2015, 04:25 PM
IMO AC3 and Unity are probably the toughest. AC3 because the stealth is so messed up and some of the full sync requirements are infuriating (like "The Giant and the Storm" which is nearly impossible to complete if you've already upgraded your ship). Unity's stealth is challenging because of the number of enemies guarding each place and combat is a little tougher than in the past, at least if you have low level gear.

Don't even get me started on THAT mission :mad:

But yes, in terms of OO and such, the tough trophy goes to AC3 for me.

And getting the platinum trophy after finishing makes it all worthwhile in the end :)

Shahkulu101
05-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Overall AC1 or ACU are probably the most difficult in a general sense, but Brotherhood has the toughest Optional Objectives IMO.

The tombs that you need to finish in 8 minutes are a nightmare and that tank mission where you can't take damage is infuriating.

EmptyCrustacean
05-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Overall AC1 or ACU are probably the most difficult in a general sense, but Brotherhood has the toughest Optional Objectives IMO.

The tombs that you need to finish in 8 minutes are a nightmare and that tank mission where you can't take damage is infuriating.

Those tombs are easy if you just play through them fully to see where you went wrong rather than restarting when the timer goes out. Then play them again to get 100%.
Loved the tank mission and the build-up even though it was hard to do without taking damage. It was good that Ubisoft embracing their inner COD in that one. Also loved the one where you have to fly and not take damage and, again, everything leading up to it. Brotherhood definitely has the best mission objectives - back in the days, pre Unity, where the mission objectives actually made sense narratively and game play wise.

Xstantin
05-03-2015, 04:56 PM
ACIII and Unity have telepathic guards and while it doesn't really make the games much harder it can get a bit annoying cause it just kills the flow in a way

I'd say it's probably ACIII for me because of some ridiculous optional objectives

SixKeys
05-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I don't find the timed tombs hard, just annoying. I love the atmosphere in those tombs, so I just want to spend time exploring and looking at the details, and then you get this siren sound buzzing in your ear "BZZZT! Only 10 seconds left to complete full sync!"

The only one that's kinda tough is the maze in the catacombs under the pyramid, and only because of the last stretch where you have to quickly climb up the tower with wolfmen shooting at you.

Tyrhydion
05-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Those tombs are easy if you just play through them fully to see where you went wrong rather than restarting when the timer goes out. Then play them again to get 100%.
Loved the tank mission and the build-up even though it was hard to do without taking damage. It was good that Ubisoft embracing their inner COD in that one. Also loved the one where you have to fly and not take damage and, again, everything leading up to it. Brotherhood definitely has the best mission objectives - back in the days, pre Unity, where the mission objectives actually made sense narratively and game play wise.

The optional objectives, especially the side missions, in ACB are beyond difficult. But I admit they make sense. Since AC III optional objectives seem mostly completely random to me and are only there for the lolz or trollz.

Also those timed tombs freaked me out, but it's at least two years now that I have made them, so I guess I am cool with them now.

Also the Giant and The Storm was awful for a while, but then turned out to be reasonably playable. I think the worst ship battle so far was the Storm Fortress in Rogue, but I did it, yay!

Tyrhydion
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
I just realized that I haven't achieved the 100% with Wolves among the Dead neither :(

It's awful, I am struggling since I have that game, which is 4 and half years. I run until I find the wolves and then I do not know how to proceed, I neither know the way up nor how to shake off the wolves in time..... Yet I failed three times again today..... so frustrating :mad:

EmptyCrustacean
05-03-2015, 09:05 PM
What's that ridiculous mission in ACIII where if you upgrade your ram too early you're screwed? That drove me insane. One of the worst design/progression flaws ever.

bitebug2003
05-04-2015, 12:43 AM
AC1 -- There was just too much conflict and it was a difficult game <-- but it doesn't count ***

AC:B -- insanely annoying optional objectives

AC: Rogue -- Legendary Battles (Elite) I didn't bother with them after I saw how frustrating they were - although I did do the ones in Black Flag -- AC: Rogue will remain on 92% Sync.

Despite it being the easiest overall AC: Rogue is the only game I've not 100% Sync'd <-- so this is the hardest for me.

*** As for AC1 - I can't include it as the PS3 version had no trophies and I never found it rewarding to kill all the Templars and find all the Flags.

GoldenBoy9999
05-04-2015, 03:09 AM
Ugh, the Giant and the Storm... that took me FOREVER. I thought it was what I needed to bump me up to 100%, but to make the matter worse, the game is glitched at 99%.

I never did take 0 damage in the tank mission; it's good to hear there is a cheat for that. I actually don't recall any particularly tough optional objectives in ACB besides that one. but I may have just never got around to them.

I suppose Brotherhood would be the hardest one in my experience, but it is taking me a long time to 100% Unity.

SixKeys
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I just realized that I haven't achieved the 100% with Wolves among the Dead neither :(

It's awful, I am struggling since I have that game, which is 4 and half years. I run until I find the wolves and then I do not know how to proceed, I neither know the way up nor how to shake off the wolves in time..... Yet I failed three times again today..... so frustrating :mad:

Use smoke bombs and knives to get rid of the wolves (knife combat is quicker than sword), look for white sheets to help you find the way up.

What's that ridiculous mission in ACIII where if you upgrade your ram too early you're screwed? That drove me insane. One of the worst design/progression flaws ever.

The infamous "The Giant and the Storm".

phoenix-force411
05-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Unity gets really easy once you get weapons that are level 5-5(Legendary status). Those level 5 top hat guards dumb down. Try fighting them with like a level 1-3 weapon. They are tough as they will do heavy strikes and roll away from your heavy strikes('cause players spam heavy strikes the most which almost no guard archetype will counter).

I would say ACIII is the hardest. No meds, broken stealth(psychic guards), and the optional objectives are the hardest. Good luck on trying to get 100% in that game. This is especially hard on the Naval Contracts. Some will require you to shoot the hull of a ship and blow their gunpowder storage, and if you don't know how to aim and time your shots accordingly you'll end up killing the ship instead and will fail the optional objective. ACIII naval combat is more realistic than ACIV and Rogue's, and so, you have to wary of that. You can easily take down a Man O War if you set up your shots correctly. It's not ACIV and Rogue where you have to shoot it like crazy, and Legendary Ships are unrealistic in all respect.

The_Kiwi_
05-05-2015, 07:20 AM
That depends
Hardest to 100% would be AC3, due to how much side content there is and how much you have to do for each mission
Hardest to get the platinum trophy for would be ACB, that took me the longest because of those insane multiplayer trophies
The hardest gameplay wise would have to be AC1, as it was challenging in most aspects with combat and stealth
Hardest to enjoy, well, *cough* ACU *cough* :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
05-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Young at heart and The Giant and the storm will haunt me FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In terms of combat ACU is the least easy.

Tyrhydion
05-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Flying Machine 2.0 is a ***** of a sidemission. I am born to crash and apparently a crash counts as a hit and the 100% chance is gone, the checkpoint doesn't reset the counter. So it's quite frustrating to come this long way to the flying machine and then fail over and over again.

EmptyCrustacean
05-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Use smoke bombs and knives to get rid of the wolves (knife combat is quicker than sword), look for white sheets to help you find the way up.

The infamous "The Giant and the Storm".

oh right lol I can see from the thread I'm not alone. It's my most played mission. I swear I was ready to choke someone after finishing it!!!

There's a legendary ship battle in Rogue that is so ridiculously hard I am convinced I won only because the game let me because I was literally one hit away from dying as was the last ship but I managed to be just ever so slightly faster. It was the two big Man O' Wars that shot like a military tank and had about 20 ships backing it up whilst all your ally ships died within the first minute. Can't remember the name.

Weazur
05-06-2015, 01:44 PM
It's gotta be the original game. At least for me.

That battle near the end (vs Robert de Sablé) was probably the most I've been challenged in any AC game. The final fight against Al Mualim was no cakewalk either.

ajl992008
05-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Unity by far, it actually put me off the game, I do like a challenge but at the same time I want to enjoy entertaining gameplay with a good story and not be frustrated, I liked the difficulty of ac3 and ac1. It wa just right for me to feel engaged and still have a challenge.