PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity - Crashes PC - Help?

ShadownetX
05-03-2015, 07:54 AM
I recently just got a new GPU, an MSI GTX 970. It's great being able to play Unity at higher settings. But it keep randomly crashes on me, I'm talking about a hard PC crash. Not just a program crash.

Like it would happen at random times, 30 mins or 1 hour or 2 hours in. I could be doing anything and suddenly the screen would go black and the PC shutdown.

I don't think it's the PSU or CPU because I've run other intensive games like Metro Last Light and GTA V and none of it have completely crashed my PC before.

Now my old MSI GTX 760 didn't have this problem with Unity. But I recently just updated Unity to the latest patch so that might have something to do with it.

Have anyone had Unity hard crash their PC before?

My specs for reference:
i5-4570K @ 3.40GHz
MSI GTX 970 - 1 Million Edition
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro

JoxerTM22
05-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Power supply unit's watts? Maybe you need a stronger one.
Also do check if everything is plugged firmly in the case, sometimes it's just the lose contact that is the culprit when a software crashes randomly.

Please don't compare Unity with other PC games on the market as such poor, or better said nonexisting code optimization I haven't seen in my life even in indie games (and I'm 42 with hundreds of games played and finished).
Unity doesn't crash my PC, GTX 760 and i5 4560K here. But it runs like it was developed by amateurs. An utter shame for AC franchise.

bclarg
05-04-2015, 09:47 PM
My experience is that every so often the game minimizes and I get my desktop. Fortunately all I have to do is click on the icon on the taskbar and I'm back in business.

ShadownetX
05-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Power supply unit's watts? Maybe you need a stronger one.
Also do check if everything is plugged firmly in the case, sometimes it's just the lose contact that is the culprit when a software crashes randomly.

Please don't compare Unity with other PC games on the market as such poor, or better said nonexisting code optimization I haven't seen in my life even in indie games (and I'm 42 with hundreds of games played and finished).
Unity doesn't crash my PC, GTX 760 and i5 4560K here. But it runs like it was developed by amateurs. An utter shame for AC franchise.

My PSU is a 850W, which shouldn't be a problem on paper. I just went back to the store and exchange it for a new GTX 970, so I'll see if this one give me the same problem. The guy at the store said it might be my motherboard fault since it couldn't be my PSU.