PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see in the next Assassin's Creed?

mykal926
05-02-2015, 11:06 PM
just curious. and maybe developers will listen to fans opinions. i'd like to unlock upgrades way before the last sequence. I find that I I beat the main mission before I unlock or buy everything, mostly because I didn't know how close I was to finishing the last mission.

ERICATHERINE
05-02-2015, 11:28 PM
I would like the return of the modern day missions, in a way that would make it like ac III. ^-^

Fatal-Feit
05-02-2015, 11:38 PM
next-gen Arno

ERICATHERINE
05-02-2015, 11:41 PM
next-gen Arno

Isn't Arno already a next gen protag.

Shahkulu101
05-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Cliche thread but I'll play along.

I just basically want good core mechanics, satisfactory mission design with an intriguing story and interesting protagonist. Standards aren't sky high but that what years of mediocrity does to you.

Xstantin
05-02-2015, 11:48 PM
I cannot wait for a brash, twenty years old protag I can embrace and relate to

Namikaze_17
05-02-2015, 11:48 PM
A next-gen Su...

playlisting
05-03-2015, 04:35 AM
What I want, before anything else, is good performance. Great mechanics don't mean much if they can't be used properly since the game is running at sub-30 as Unity so often was. Performance is a fundamental part of game enjoyment. If the game chugs along, the gameplay will be slow, clunky and frustrating, which doesn't amount to a very good experience. So yes, a rock solid frame rate of 30 FPS at least is what I'd like to see.

Talking of mechanics why are they getting worse? Responsiveness seems to slowly get worse as the new iterations of Anvil come in. AC 1 - Rev was more responsive than AC 3 & 4 which was more responsive than Unity. In Unity movement just feels downright sluggish and I don't think that's just attributed to the frame rate. Combat was improved but that's about it.

kosmoscreed
05-03-2015, 04:38 AM
A good game with no bugs, a decent story for present day and decnt mission design.

VestigialLlama4
05-03-2015, 04:51 AM
What I want = Guts. Ambition. B-lls. Wit. Imagination. None of that was there anywhere in UNITY or ROGUE.

ACZanius
05-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Cliche thread but I'll play along.

I just basically want good core mechanics, satisfactory mission design with an intriguing story and interesting protagonist. Standards aren't sky high but that what years of mediocrity does to you.

What you said at ending of you post literally made me laugh, thanks man for making sense :) oh and THIS! Could not be more further from truth!

Tyrhydion
05-03-2015, 06:17 PM
I finally want to play my beloved Vienna or the Alps in Assassins Creed.

Megas_Doux
05-03-2015, 10:05 PM
- Unity´s combat difficulty, if not higher.
- Horse, Carriages.
- A solid mixture of both urban and rural environments ala GTA or The Witcher 3, just to name a few.
- Background music.
- Open mission design but some linear missions in order to have variety.
- Seasons.
- A story in which the death of your father/mother DOES NOT trigger EVERYTHING.
- Background music.

VoXngola
05-03-2015, 10:50 PM
- A good story that drives the overall plot forward
- Ambient music
- Nice atmosphere
- A city that is not filled to the brim with collectibles
- A city that doesn't feel soulless
- A city that isn't needlessly large for its own good. I don't know about you guys but I pretty much didn't even care for the souther part of the Paris map.
- A protagonist that isn't in his early 20s and is hell-bent on REVENGEANCE. Oh, and let his relatives live for once
- A well executed modern day with a new Desmond-like character.
- The feeling of "damn, this is so interesting. They must've planned this years ago in advance!" - something I've been missing a lot.
- Characters that are fleshed out and have enough screentime.
- No forced deaths of certain characters to establish le feels.
- A piece of eden that isn't the apple (AND holds relevance to the plot - looking at you here, Sword of Eden.)
- A protagonist that is ACTUALLY an Assassin, someone who devotes his life for the better of mankind instead of someone joining for personal reasons only.
- No more removing things in order to cover it up as "improvement", especially things that shouldn't be removed at all
- A WORKING game, I'm aware that a huge open world game can't be completely glitch and bugfree in this day and age but please let it work at least. And yes, on Day 1. You have enough manpower.
- Stop lying to your consumers.
- Bring back seasons and dynamic day/night cycles.

None of this will happen will it.

Megas_Doux
05-03-2015, 10:59 PM
- A good story that drives the overall plot forward

- A city that isn't needlessly large for its own good. I don't know about you guys but I pretty much didn't even care for the souther part of the Paris map.

In fact I liked the southeastern part of the map THE MOST. I love wandering around that filthy slum and as for the south part, I enjoy it because I wanted a countryside and that was the closest I could get......

I-Like-Pie45
05-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Mr Rogers Neighborhood

dxsxhxcx
05-03-2015, 11:46 PM
a decent modern day and multiple cities like in AC1/2

Xstantin
05-03-2015, 11:49 PM
In fact I liked the southeastern part of the map THE MOST. I love wandering around that filthy slum and as for the south part, I enjoy it because I wanted a countryside and that was the closest I could get......

I do like Les Invalides district which is the closest to countryside but then that godawful whitewash filter thingy kicks in :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
05-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Jazz Age

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2015, 11:45 PM
a decent modern day and multiple cities like in AC1/2

They all got multiple citys. :rolleyes:

Acb got roma, but also others like vienna and monterigionni,
AcRe got constantinople and others like cappadocce,
Ac iii got Boston and others like New York,
Ac liberation hd got New Orlean and others like that place in the Mexico's country,
Ac iv and ac Ro got many citys each and they are too many to name them all, even for one game,
Unity got Paris and others like Versaille,
Even ac bloodlines got at least Acre and Cyprus, from what I've seen in video,
And finnaly, I just did 3 missions in acc China (for now) and I'm already at a jail and a port, so I'd say at least 2 city (even if a jail is not a city, I think there is a big chance that in at least another place, there is a city (or at least I hope so)).

Kaschra
05-05-2015, 06:09 AM
No dead fathers please
I know this is Ubisoft's fave fetish, but please make an exception this time, ok

Oh, an since we are at it, if the protagonist has a love interest, don't kill her. It's getting old :I

The_Kiwi_
05-05-2015, 07:09 AM
I want to see an all male cast to clearly show the reality of male dominance

Swafe
05-28-2015, 12:29 AM
I want features of the older games that I loved to come back. Many of my favorite features were in AC brotherhood and the first 2 creed games.
1.) Ability to whistle for a horse for quick transport
2.) throwing knives
3.) recruiting assassins who can actually help in a fight as in brotherhood and with the ability to command them to do certain task or kill maneuvers
4.) the large scale agility puzzles such as the catacombs and other areas where you had to figure out how to climb through massive interiors
5.) Flying device and other unique inventions like Leonardo made
6.) the "BAMF feel" inspired by the opening scene of AC Revelations
7.) the fighting mechanics and controls from the 1st and 2nd AC games. They made you feel more involved in fighting and in control of what moves were performed.
8.) I also prefer the running and climbing controls used in earlier games as they kept a player more actively involved in climbing. It made it more fun. In later games I find myself wanting to skip climbing altogether due to the monotony of it.
9.) the mysteries. In Unity I never felt the drive to learn what was going to happen next or what the significance of an event or item was as I had in prior games. In prior games this was often supplied by the "present day" events with glimpses into the pre-human civilization and its collapse.
10.) animal hunts and wildlife encounters
11.) ships as well as small rowboats

The_Kiwi_
05-28-2015, 12:42 AM
I want features of the older games that I loved to come back. Many of my favorite features were in AC brotherhood and the first 2 creed games.
1.) Ability to whistle for a horse for quick transport
2.) throwing knives
3.) recruiting assassins who can actually help in a fight as in brotherhood and with the ability to command them to do certain task or kill maneuvers
4.) the large scale agility puzzles such as the catacombs and other areas where you had to figure out how to climb through massive interiors
5.) Flying device and other unique inventions like Leonardo made
6.) the "BAMF feel" inspired by the opening scene of AC Revelations
7.) the fighting mechanics and controls from the 1st and 2nd AC games. They made you feel more involved in fighting and in control of what moves were performed.
8.) I also prefer the running and climbing controls used in earlier games as they kept a player more actively involved in climbing. It made it more fun. In later games I find myself wanting to skip climbing altogether due to the monotony of it.
9.) the mysteries. In Unity I never felt the drive to learn what was going to happen next or what the significance of an event or item was as I had in prior games. In prior games this was often supplied by the "present day" events with glimpses into the pre-human civilization and its collapse.
10.) animal hunts and wildlife encounters
11.) ships as well as small rowboats

1. That was annoying. If it needs to be added, it needs to get its own button. I hated having horses follow me around whenever I wanted to use eagle vision.
2. Throwing knives are returning in Syndicate.
3. Again, returning in Syndicate in the form of a gang.
4. If done well, sure. But they do get extremely tedious. And they did appear in the Nostradamus puzzles in Unity, and also in Black Flag, so it's not really something missing.
5. Leonardo designed all that gear IRL, so it was lucky that Ubisoft could do all that. There isn't a Leonardo in every time period.
6. That's entirely subjective, you can't ask for "BAMF". Some people might think the recent games are already pretty "BAMF"-y.
7. Again, subjective. Ubisoft can't cater to everyone; what you like might not be what other people like.
8. I don't see how climbing has changed at all, only the animations.
9. I'm pretty sure most people want that, so hopefully it happens.
10. It needs to fit the era, and it does not fit Victorian London. Not much game throughout an industrial city.
11. Again, it needs to fit the era. Boats might make a return, but so far the only known water we'll encounter is the River Thames, which you can easily swim, so boats might be redundant.

ze_topazio
05-28-2015, 01:43 AM
Camels
Dead Mothers instead of dead Fathers
Alpacas
Gatling Guns
Elephants
Reverse revenge, this time we kill the main Templar father and he's the one coming after us
White robes with red details like in the classics
Pyramids
Samuel L. Jackson voicing the main character
Midget Main character, midgets are poorly represented in videogames
Coach races
Duels (guns, fencing, katana duels and quick draws)
sailing with Caravels and Carracks/Naus AKA XVI century sailing
Bear wrestling
Companion Doges
Full 3D reproduction of ancient Rome
I-Like-Pie45 as a character
Gladiator fights
Jousts
Bows

ShadoeKat
05-28-2015, 06:27 PM
1. Horses that you can grab if you can't get a carriage so I can ride up along side and jump onto the carriage I'm chasing and fight etc.
2. Whistling, it was quite helpful.
3. Make the chests have more importance, not just money, but put something substantial in them like a premium piece or something. Same thing if you have codes to use from merchandise... can you make those things make them substantial... like the weapons that you got with the codes sometimes were worthless... cool looking but worthless.
4. Throwing knives.
5. I would like the ability to let's say carry a sword, a gun, and a rifle or something... just an example. Being able to carry 3 major weapons would be good.
6. Love customization of clothes, would love even more if it was possible. Was good with Unity, just wish I could have picked the colors.
7. Modern day would be fine if you make it third person... first person is annoying when it comes to AC.
8. Choice of hood/hat up, down, off etc. It just needs to be logical... you have Jacob switching hat for hood, that's good... but he should be allowed not to wear it also. And would like a choice of other hats.
9. Would like the main character to be able to actually sit down... controlled by the player, not just for blending, but being able to sit down just for the heck of it would be good.
10. Also more puzzles like Ezio's story.
11. Able to call for help from other Assassin's, kinda like Brotherhood.
12. Deeper assassination missions.
13. More interaction with the people in some way. Running around Unity and everyone saying, "Hey Arno!" ... I kept wanting to say something to them, but just had to pretend to. Some sort of gesture thing would be good.
14. I'd like to pet dogs again... better yet, I can have one as a partner if I want to take on bad dudes.
15. In Syndicate would like to ride the train to various destinations.

col_96
05-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Return of Third Person Modern Day

GunnerGalactico
05-28-2015, 08:04 PM
I would like to see white room speeches make a return. I'm not really a fan of telepathic visions after kills in Unity. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
No stealth

Easy combat

Microtransactions

Black and white villains

Hundreds of pointless collectibles

Ezio clone protagonist

Protagonist with daddy issues

Modern day with no context

-----------------------------------------------------

My dream game.

EmptyCrustacean
05-28-2015, 10:25 PM
No stealth

Easy combat

Microtransactions

Black and white villains

Ezio clone protagonist

My dream game.

Yep. And while we're at it, give me some of that well implemented, well paced, totally seamless companion app.

Shahkulu101
05-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Yep. And while we're at it, give me some of that well implemented, well paced, totally seamless companion app.

Ah yes, the cherry on top of the cake!

ze_topazio
05-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Some nice micro-transactions would be nice too.

The_Kiwi_
05-29-2015, 01:31 AM
Some nice micro-transactions would be nice too.

Paying for free-roam time would be amazing
10min for every $5, or 30min for $12!

No stealth

Easy combat

Microtransactions

Black and white villains

Ezio clone protagonist

My dream game.

Wait wait wait wait wait
Where have I seen this game before?

Shahkulu101
05-29-2015, 01:39 AM
Apart from the no stealth and easy combat it does sound a lot like a certain game...

I wonder which one... :rolleyes:

The_Kiwi_
05-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Apart from the no stealth and easy combat it does sound a lot like a certain game...

I wonder which one... :rolleyes:

It has to be LEGO: A Tale of Two Cities

BBeale16
02-23-2017, 07:11 PM
A game that works across many of the lower spec systems out there, for example I cannot run Unity or Syndicate because I cannot get the graphics options low enough, all the games before 3 work brilliantly for me but those that come after require too high specs higher than the minimum specs listed in the details

Usercake
02-23-2017, 10:26 PM
What I want = Guts. Ambition. B-lls. Wit. Imagination. None of that was there anywhere in UNITY or ROGUE.

since series already involves somethings like magical artifacts why should ubisoft make games in a way that they mostly feel realistic !?

I mean this is assassins creed , screw the reality , if the next game is going to be a reboot to series which I hope it would be I would really love to have fantasty assassin's with

amazing unique abilities , more magical things & skills involved for example something like shadow walk from dishonored is amazing to have in AC series , I'd like to have multiple

endings by some choices I make inside the game , I'd love series to include time travel like titanfall 2 or dishonored 2 it'll be really amazing , I want bigger maps that are more

challenging , I'd like to see some real violence some good action by that I mean lethal moves , for example you can your something like lethal finishers on enemies behead them

ripoff their arms & legs , in one word I want something new , something for the future we are reaching 2020 and how long can we keep playing old style reality mod play with history

kind of assassin's creed ? 2 things most people don't like : reality & history perhaps that is why AC was never able to win a goty award so why honestly why AC series are mostly limited to these too ? and when ever u add something new It

feels weird for every one like zip lines in syndicate you gotta change the whole thing ubisoft , if not how long do you think it takes before players get tired of assassin's creed that

are too similar to each other since the first game 2007 ? we need something fresh ...something for the next generation , for the new decade we have ahead of us I hope we see

some major changes in future because I'm really tired of the original assassin's creed style while it could be better ... little imagination never hurts ,

RaidenXS
02-23-2017, 11:00 PM
I don't want to see another Assassin's Creed game for another 5 years. Give it a break!

Helforsite
02-24-2017, 06:09 PM
since series already involves somethings like magical artifacts why should ubisoft make games in a way that they mostly feel realistic !?

I mean this is assassins creed , screw the reality , if the next game is going to be a reboot to series which I hope it would be I would really love to have fantasty assassin's with

amazing unique abilities , more magical things & skills involved for example something like shadow walk from dishonored is amazing to have in AC series , I'd like to have multiple

endings by some choices I make inside the game , I'd love series to include time travel like titanfall 2 or dishonored 2 it'll be really amazing , I want bigger maps that are more

challenging , I'd like to see some real violence some good action by that I mean lethal moves , for example you can your something like lethal finishers on enemies behead them

ripoff their arms & legs , in one word I want something new , something for the future we are reaching 2020 and how long can we keep playing old style reality mod play with history

kind of assassin's creed ? 2 things most people don't like : reality & history perhaps that is why AC was never able to win a goty award so why honestly why AC series are mostly limited to these too ? and when ever u add something new It

feels weird for every one like zip lines in syndicate you gotta change the whole thing ubisoft , if not how long do you think it takes before players get tired of assassin's creed that

are too similar to each other since the first game 2007 ? we need something fresh ...something for the next generation , for the new decade we have ahead of us I hope we see

some major changes in future because I'm really tired of the original assassin's creed style while it could be better ... little imagination never hurts ,
Just NOOOO!!!!! to almost all of that! You clearly do not want to see another Assassin's Creed game altogether, but another game entirely, because what you are suggesting goes against what the series stands for and what its strength are. You want magic (not advanded science like before in the series), time travel (where you yourself travel back in time), multiple endings (which go against the animus concept) and gore (which contradicts the Assassin mentality), all of which goes against the reality and history of Assassin's Creed which you say you do not like and proclaim to be the reason AC never won a GOTY award, when in fact reality & history are what sets Assassin's Creed apart from other games - like Dishonored or Shadow of Mordor - and are probably what almost all hardcore fans(and probably fans in general) appreciate most about this franchise!

cawatrooper9
02-24-2017, 08:46 PM

amazing unique abilities , more magical things & skills involved for example something like shadow walk from dishonored is amazing to have in AC series

The history is a huge draw of the series- perhaps the biggest draw. Shadow of Mordor is great- and when I want a fantasy style AC game, I got for it.
Side note- check out The Tyranny of King Washington, if you haven't already. You might enjoy it.

I'd like to have multiple endings by some choices I make inside the game
In the MD, maybe. In the historical sections... that's not how history works...

I'd love series to include time travel like titanfall 2 or dishonored 2 it'll be really amazing

I actually wouldn't be opposed to a POE that could do this, provided there were rules to the time travel that made sense and were not universe breaking- as in, not introducing the Time Turners in Harry Potter, then never addressing why they weren't abused every time something bad happened from then on

I want bigger maps that are more challenging

Do we really need to go bigger? Don't we hit a point of diminishing returns, especially when they're as bland (albeit pretty) as London and Paris in these games?

I'd like to see some real violence some good action by that I mean lethal moves , for example you can your something like lethal finishers on enemies behead them
ripoff their arms & legs
The point of the Assassins is their elegance. I don't mean to sound like a dweeb, but they're able to kill with a single hidden blade. Ripping off arms seems like overkill...

2 things most people don't like : reality & history perhaps that is why AC was never able to win a goty award so why honestly why AC series are mostly limited to these too ? and when ever u add something new It
People don't like history? That's news to me.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

are too similar to each other since the first game 2007 ? we need something fresh ...something for the next generation
I'm sorry, but this (if I read it correctly) is one criticism of the series that I just don't understand. If you look at how the series has progressed since 2007, it's actually quite amazing. We've had games with almost RPG-like elements, storyline heavy games, games that introduced gamechanging mechanics (such as sailing, den capturing, recruits). Mechanics like combat and movement have evolved a ton. I mean, yeah, it's still about a secret order of guys in robes throughout history, but what do want? AC WQOP? AC Guitar Hero? It's easy enough to look at these and say they're similar, but that criticism also rings quite hollow when it blatantly ignores the fact that they're supposed to feel similar. If each game felt like it was part of a different universe, it wouldn't be a very coherent series.

Black_Widow9
02-24-2017, 10:49 PM
I came here to see what you wanted but instead....

http://i.giphy.com/ynQpf80y00yju.gif

D.I.D.
02-24-2017, 11:56 PM
I'd like the teams to work with historians to find the best stories from history and to tell those stories as the primary focus. Unity shrank from the French Revolution and delivered an unsatisfactory mixture of fact and BS which it then placed in the background to an unsatisfactory romance. Syndicate missed a lot of great contemporary history and failed to make use of 12th and 13th century real Templar landmarks in London, which could have contained some exciting fiction in the rock beneath them (something like the tombs of the Ezio games, maybe). It's incredible that you have a game series about Templars, and yet when it came to the historic home of the actual Templars, you had zero interest in investigating their history in your fiction.

Conversely, the modern day characters desperately need story-within-story to give them solidity. I don't know what's going on with those characters or why they're still in the game, and there must be more to life than waiting for Juno to appear and having shootouts in crypts.

I'd like the game to get a second pass for story. Like a year of it, with simultaneous tweaks of the other elements.

The teams do phenomenal work bringing each game in on schedule, but it's still frustrating that Unity was so next-level in terms of cutscene quality, graphics, detailed interiors and so on, and yet patchy in terms of how the story felt. We're all familiar by now with the problems the designers and the writers face in creating a working game, but if that wasn't the end... If they could work for a while afterwards on atmosphere, on swapping in a different cutscene where one isn't working, on the placement of story moments. Unity could have been something incredible instead of something with a list of incredible qualities.

Instead, we got Syndicate, which was a much better game but also a game which scaled down a number of things in order to hit its targets. It's much more successful as a game project, but still not quite the competition-smashing juggernaut.

Hmmm...

You sound suspiciously like that guy who used to troll here with "PoP Sequel NOW, Ubi!" posts, who thinks Prince Of Persia should be like Warrior Within only much more grimdark, with - yep - beheadings and dismemberment.

But you're a new user with a different username, so I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Rugterwyper32
02-25-2017, 12:20 AM
Let's see, I'll just list a top 3 to make this easy

1. A good combination of cities and countryside. I'm replaying AC4 right now, and having all these uninhabited areas makes the cities and smaller towns in the Caribbean stand out more. The feeling of vastness switching to the more compact feeling of cities is something I've liked since AC1. I was a big fan of the Kingdom even if it was rather empty, the Caribbean essentially improved on the concept, I want them to keep with it. Cities are great and all but just being limited to the one big city feels like a wasted opportunity. I'd still have loved to run around the Forest of Fontainebleau in Unity, dammit. Can you imagine how nice of a change of pace that'd have been?

2. Bear McCreary. I've loved his work since first watching his vlogs composing for The Walking Dead, and he's consistently a great composer. Yeah, yeah, I know everyone else seems to want Jesper back, but I'm sorry. Bear's where it's at. His work in the Jack the Ripper DLC alone was fantastic and I'd love seeing him work on a full game for the series, at the very least.

3. Collectibles that have a point. I want the sort of thing where it isn't many but they're significant enough to make you want to explore around. I actually genuinely liked the Nostradamus Enigmas because it was relatively few of them but they made you go around the map quite a bit. They just happened to be a little too obscure at times and the reward just wasn't up to par with what it could've been. But I liked the idea. Suger's Legacy in Dead Kings was better in the reward sense, though. Or the shanties in 4, there was some challenge to getting them and the reward was worth it (which is what killed the Almanac pages in 3 for me, no point to them). But things like, say, the flags in 1, or the Feathers in 2, Brotherhood and 3? No real point to them. Or Animus Fragments in 4, much as I like this game. It's just "mark and go", not really much else to them, and it's not even like the shards in Dragon Age Inquisition where you get a reward it can at least be useful as you progress in the game (those buffs saved me many times).
tl;dr Make collectibles substantial and more of a challenge to obtain, no more "mark here and you got it"

Helforsite
02-25-2017, 12:26 PM

1. A good combination of cities and countryside. I'm replaying AC4 right now, and having all these uninhabited areas makes the cities and smaller towns in the Caribbean stand out more. The feeling of vastness switching to the more compact feeling of cities is something I've liked since AC1. I was a big fan of the Kingdom even if it was rather empty, the Caribbean essentially improved on the concept, I want them to keep with it. Cities are great and all but just being limited to the one big city feels like a wasted opportunity. I'd still have loved to run around the Forest of Fontainebleau in Unity, dammit. Can you imagine how nice of a change of pace that'd have been?

2. Bear McCreary. I've loved his work since first watching his vlogs composing for The Walking Dead, and he's consistently a great composer. Yeah, yeah, I know everyone else seems to want Jesper back, but I'm sorry. Bear's where it's at. His work in the Jack the Ripper DLC alone was fantastic and I'd love seeing him work on a full game for the series, at the very least.

3. Collectibles that have a point. I want the sort of thing where it isn't many but they're significant enough to make you want to explore around. I actually genuinely liked the Nostradamus Enigmas because it was relatively few of them but they made you go around the map quite a bit. They just happened to be a little too obscure at times and the reward just wasn't up to par with what it could've been. But I liked the idea. Suger's Legacy in Dead Kings was better in the reward sense, though. Or the shanties in 4, there was some challenge to getting them and the reward was worth it (which is what killed the Almanac pages in 3 for me, no point to them). But things like, say, the flags in 1, or the Feathers in 2, Brotherhood and 3? No real point to them. Or Animus Fragments in 4, much as I like this game. It's just "mark and go", not really much else to them, and it's not even like the shards in Dragon Age Inquisition where you get a reward it can at least be useful as you progress in the game (those buffs saved me many times).
tl;dr Make collectibles substantial and more of a challenge to obtain, no more "mark here and you got it"

1. I have to agree, variety doesnt just mean showing us new and different things in a while, but also that when you come back to already discovered areas they feel different from the ones before and thereby you dont get bored of them as quickly.

2. I think most people connect Jesper with better and more prevalent ambient music which is a big thing most people wanna see in the next game and not to mention that Jespers tracks have become embedded in the franchise through the fact that a few of his tracks were in every game in one form or another.

3.Agreed.

crusader_prophet
02-25-2017, 06:29 PM
A game that has the guts to have reviews available 2 weeks before release date and then can produce a release trailer 1 week ahead showcasing the plethora (>80 reviews) of unanimous critical acclaim.
I dare UbiSoft to accomplish that.

Or SYNDICATE.

BlueNoctisXIII
02-25-2017, 09:25 PM

1. I pretty much agree. When i remember how much i explored the landscape of AC IV and how much i enjoyed seeing the variety of island and how beautiful they were, it would be good if the game included some variety of places to explore.

2.Also agree. I do want Jesper Kyd to come back, for we sure need beautiful ambient music that will make just walking around something pleasant, but i wanted Bear McCreary compose a whole AC soundtrack ever since i heard his music during Da Vinci's Demons.

3. Again, i agree. I would like to be given a reason to go out and start hunting collectibles. i haven't played Unity or Syndicate, but i really don't like what people say about their collectibles, sure they add longevity, but it's artificial longevity. I do disagree that the feathers in ACII were useless or didn't have context (It did, even though its reward wasn't really worth it). I just want collectibles that make sense.

I would like to add: I want a good story, not just a decent one, i want a main character we can care about (not a Purity Sue or anything of the sort), a main character who keeps us intrigued about where his story is going and how will he develop, with supporting characters that we can hate and love, and a story that makes sense and makes you enjoy it. I enjoy the Parkour, and i enjoy exploration, but what i really want right now is a great story (it's what i enjoy the most in AC, which is why i hope they revive the MD in this game, or i will be severely disappointed, and i found Unity's and Syndicate's stories VERY lacking). Oh, and streamlined gameplay that is definitely AC but a worthy game gameplay wise, so we know that the series has finally found its identity. I want Ubisoft to show love to this game and that we can see that when we play it.

After what i said i really want news about the next game as soon as we can get it.

PD: I love your profile picture, is that Yukizome-sensei?

Rugterwyper32
02-26-2017, 02:01 AM
1. I pretty much agree. When i remember how much i explored the landscape of AC IV and how much i enjoyed seeing the variety of island and how beautiful they were, it would be good if the game included some variety of places to explore.

2.Also agree. I do want Jesper Kyd to come back, for we sure need beautiful ambient music that will make just walking around something pleasant, but i wanted Bear McCreary compose a whole AC soundtrack ever since i heard his music during Da Vinci's Demons.

3. Again, i agree. I would like to be given a reason to go out and start hunting collectibles. i haven't played Unity or Syndicate, but i really don't like what people say about their collectibles, sure they add longevity, but it's artificial longevity. I do disagree that the feathers in ACII were useless or didn't have context (It did, even though its reward wasn't really worth it). I just want collectibles that make sense.

I would like to add: I want a good story, not just a decent one, i want a main character we can care about (not a Purity Sue or anything of the sort), a main character who keeps us intrigued about where his story is going and how will he develop, with supporting characters that we can hate and love, and a story that makes sense and makes you enjoy it. I enjoy the Parkour, and i enjoy exploration, but what i really want right now is a great story (it's what i enjoy the most in AC, which is why i hope they revive the MD in this game, or i will be severely disappointed, and i found Unity's and Syndicate's stories VERY lacking). Oh, and streamlined gameplay that is definitely AC but a worthy game gameplay wise, so we know that the series has finally found its identity. I want Ubisoft to show love to this game and that we can see that when we play it.

After what i said i really want news about the next game as soon as we can get it.

PD: I love your profile picture, is that Yukizome-sensei?

Glad you agree in most things! I need to check out Da Vinci's Demons at one point, I checked Black Sails and Outlander because of him alone. And even though I haven't really tried the God of War series before knowing he's composing for the upcoming one that's a must-get for me. (I may be a bit biased)
Yeah, you have a point on the feathers of 3, but it still has that issue of not having a worthwhile reward. Again, I'm a fan of the Nostradamus Enigmas/Suger Legacy in Unity because even though they're somewhat obscure riddles, you do have to put some extra effort into them and in the case of Suger Legacy the reward is worth it. Plus they do get you to explore the map in order to solve the riddles. And in the case of shanties in AC4, there's a little bit of a parkour challenge keeping track of them and you get a reward right away which makes your experience in the game more satisfying.

As for story, I'm not a big fan of Modern Day as I've mentioned many times before (I'd prefer a simple, short modern day with a lot of optional for people who do have interest in it), but yeah, while historical tourism is big for me and so far the stories manage to be cohesive enough so that it works, they definitely could make it something genuinely great. Unity was rather messy and it even had stuff like co-op missions not really making much sense if it was Arno doing them, and Syndicate had good ideas but doesn't take it far enough and it ends up feeling "eh".

And yeah, that is indeed Yukizome-sensei! Made the change back when the series was airing. And now here I am, patiently waiting for September for DRV3, so she'll stick around until I have played it and have a favorite from it.

Ygdrasel
02-26-2017, 08:22 AM
I've been taking a lengthy hiatus from AC. Only just got Black Flag. It's plenty fun but...Mmmm.

Overall, Ubisoft could be less...lazy with everything. Stealing is so easy I can stand nose-to-nose with my target. And it's just a button hold. They barely even react. Even when they do, a shove is all. Because that's how theft victims respond - shove the thief once then walk away without their stuff. Combat remains so pitiful. Counter, wait, counter...And enemies still take turns.

Meanwhile, the game design's gotten so lazy that stuff appears on the map before the game introduces it in missions. And the feature bloat, honestly...Ubisoft is a lot of hoarders. They just keep piling on and not even keeping the good bits. Will there be swarms of prostitutes in Ancient Egypt? Why am I chasing down music sheets? Who threw music sheets to the Carribean wind? It's not even fun. Neither is tracking down treasure chests randomly scattered by nobody all over the world. Just STOP. Fill your world with FUN THINGS or just don't fill it. And for an assassin, again, very little focus on the 'assassination' thing. Everything's still so linear and limited and simplistic. Needs a page out of Hitman, let me case the joint and have multiple approaches, maybe 'accidents'...Something, anything to create compelling missions. And difficulty, dear god, please. Even the stealth is just sad. Blending, whistling, hiding and stalking...Should be engaging gameplay. But it's designed for dumb children or something. Every mechanic of the game is just as simplified as possible. Sure, the games are fun...But everything could be so much more satisfying if they bothered with engaging mechanics or a remote sense of challenge to anything.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
02-26-2017, 09:37 PM
I want a redoo of the apple of eden. there are sveral appels in europen treasuries in the ac univers of course, not in reality ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_cruciger

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/Imperial_Orb_of_the_HRE.jpg/358px-Imperial_Orb_of_the_HRE.jpg

UnknownGamer1994
02-26-2017, 11:11 PM
I want the main character to look like this :D
A drawing of mine..

https://scontent.ftlv1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16836000_1134243603364210_8838424743691764386_o.jp g?oh=8a725bedcb44ff0ef9ce7a387adfcfbb&oe=593000E8

Usercake
02-27-2017, 12:48 AM
Hmmm...

You sound suspiciously like that guy who used to troll here with "PoP Sequel NOW, Ubi!" posts, who thinks Prince Of Persia should be like Warrior Within only much more grimdark, with - yep - beheadings and dismemberment.

But you're a new user with a different username, so I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Now , This is so disrespectful , you sound exactly like ones of those A-holes fanatics who are blinded by origin of a game & call anyone who wants a better & different game "troll"

seriously , I wonder why so many people especially on forums like to call the ones who think outside of the box " trolls " not to mention how people always try to put useless negative comments especially fanatics , let's face it

no matter how blinded you fanatics are ( and yes I dare call you fanatics because you are ) you can not change the truth , series won't last forever , roughly another decade or so until it becomes boring which it already is and too repetitive ( which again I'd say it already is look how much sales dropped since unity) so mark my works : the only solution which ubisoft will ultimately comes up with is changing the origin , the core of series , doing a reboot making it something else , and that day you have to deal with it , now believe and say what every you want but that is a truth & you can not change it & that itself again is a FACT so face it and think double before you insult someone like that and call them troll just because they are different even wonderful ideas , people who are not afraid of changes , on the other hand we have people who are just scared of changes and want to stick with something for ever , well it's not medieval times anymore this is the modern/future era and changes keep happening before you even realize

https://storage.googleapis.com/vidsums/cb2035e8-dc96-44db-8a3c-30ecf2d6736b_text.gif
the auto drive car by the way ...
================================================== =====================

about the topic , I'm really bored of series we have had some changes but is it really enough ? not to mention we have naval system in 3 games and then we have none in the later ones instead we get a zipline ... It's good even if it's not enough but seriously I feel like ubisoft is not putting enough effort into AC series , a little imagination won't hurt
I'd strongly like to see core of series changed such as :

1) fantasty worlds

2) magical skills even exclusive skill trees to suit different kinds of playstyle

3) more brutal violence in case of combat like ripping out the heart for a finisher move :D joking aside I've always felt like combat lacks something for example why you can not critically damage a body part of someone so they become weak or even unable to attack you like cutting off the hand or damage to the eye , cutting enemies leg or knee which slows them down they might run or not so you have an optional choice of killing them while they beg for mercy. or killing stealthy by rapidly doing knife attacks and tearing them apart

4) different ways of stealth kills not just with hidden blades

5) well developed games without so much issues ( seriously Ubi please test your games before publishing them )

6) NO MULTIPLAYER EVER AGAIN !

7) NO UBISOFT CLUB

8) NO PREMIUM STUFF earn everything within the game

9) clothing system , customizing everything like unity or even better than that

10) character making system if it suits the story

11) a story that makes more sense

12) FAST looting system , loot by pressing a button not holding it ... it bothers me

13) MORE Exploration & interesting part of maps ( like abandoned city that's in a ruin with vampires , wild jungles , forbidden seas ... )

14) more challenging AI , if it's supposed to be a stealth game what's the point when most of times you can just hack & slash groups of enemies ?

15) Adding difficulties for different kinds of people , easy for those who like smooth game and hack & slash , " demanding " for those who want to be stealth otherwise they're might no make it ...

16) realistic AI , for example when someone spots me every one magically sees me ... there should be a range limit or something like that or only when enemies alaram triggers

17) AC game in year 2099 , because why not ? with stealth technology :D become invisible

18) better utilities better gear better equipment that actually come in handy for different kinds of kill

19) more main missions less bad copy pasted side missions ( just the bad ones , most of the are good )

20) ummm , not sure about this one but perhaps ability to torture enemies for information ? I want a nemesis system for killing boss tempelars like Shadow of mordor

21) unique vehicles for player ? like a griffin or a pony or jetpack that makes traveling easier essentially for player or a feature that allows you to have a vehicles at anytime in most places which becomes your best friend like roach in witcher wildhunt

22) good minigames

23) you tell me ...

Ygdrasel
02-27-2017, 03:26 AM
12) FAST looting system , loot by pressing a button not holding it ... it bothers me

13) MORE Exploration & interesting part of maps ( like abandoned city that's in a ruin with vampires , wild jungles , forbidden seas ... )

14) more challenging AI , if it's supposed to be a stealth game what's the point when most of times you can just hack & slash groups of enemies ?

16) realistic AI , for example when someone spots me every one magically sees me ... there should be a range limit or something like that or only when enemies alarm triggers

17) AC game in year 2099 , because why not ? with stealth technology :D become invisible

20) ummm , not sure about this one but perhaps ability to torture enemies for information ? I want a nemesis system for killing boss tempelars like Shadow of mordor

21) unique vehicles for player ? like a griffin or a pony or jetpack that makes traveling easier essentially for player or a feature that allows you to have a vehicles at anytime in most places which becomes your best friend like roach in witcher wildhunt

1) Fast for looting, compelling for stealing, ideally. Stealing should have unique stealth mechanics or something. Like you have to misdirect or something before looting or get attacked. Anything.

2) Vampires? ...Really. Basic idea, good...But vampires? This isn't Bloodrayne.

3) My god, yes. Combat and stealth alike need a major difficulty boost. The counter-and-win thing is so weak. Hell, even the 'tough' enemies can be killed in one hit after breaking defense. It's pathetic.

4) Black Flag includes alarms at points. It definitely could do with a range in all cases though.

5) Nobody who asks 'why not' after a suggestion has considered their own question. Obviously, 'not' because the primary point of the games is exploring historical eras, not sci-fi futures.

6) Torture interrogations? We are meant to side with the Assassins, you know. Nemesis system, maybe...Still waiting to see it used other than SoM, might do well here with solid writing to make the Templar characters compelling.

7) Griffin, pony, jetpack. Fantasy worlds? Do you know what series you're talking about? Besides, there's fast travel and parkour and roof-running. How much easier can travel get? If anything, guiding an animal through the crowds and streets would be more difficult. That said: Grappling hooks. Rope, bit of curved metal. Weapon/travel combo.

Which story didn't make sense?

Actually, on stealing and looting: The whole bloody economy of AC is a mess. Who even needs to steal or loot for cash? The games give you so many avenues for cash and still not enough variety to spend on. And what is there is expensive, their crap way of balancing all the money-making they've programmed. Hey Ubisoft, maybe start focusing on assassin stuff instead of a bad economy simulation.

And something that could make looting more interesting while improving combat: Make loot specific. I take out a random guard and he's got smoke bombs, bullets, sleep darts...He uses none of these things. Guards should only have on them what they HAVE on them. If he's got smoke bomb loot, let him use smoke bombs. If he's got dizzy darts or something, let him use those. Vary the enemies visually and mechanically by what loot they hold and make the player work for their loot by tracking the right level of enemy.

Namikaze_17
02-27-2017, 05:21 AM
• Balance between cities & countryside

Like in any meal, you'd like to have some choices and variety. There needs to be a steak (city), but there also needs to be some broccoli or beans (countryside) to make the meal itself feel more complete.

Okay, yeah, that analogy sucked ( to me, anyway) but the point still stands. The recent titles ( Unity & Syndicate) — through all their beauty — just felt too condensed and tedious after awhile.

It really makes one appreciate all the distinction put into titles such as: I, II, BF, and even Rogue.

• Distinct protagonist

Subjective, but it's really occurred to me that some of the more recent protagonists have lacked originality in some form — whether this be in appearance ( Arno), characterization ( Frye twins), or a bit of both (Shay). The new guy ( or gal, you may never know) needs to be something we've never seen before! Not just some variation of a previous character or some uninspired mess from an old sitcom.

There's probably more but I can't really say at the moment. Will update, if necessary.

RinoTheBouncer
02-27-2017, 02:43 PM
• Balance between cities & countryside

Like in any meal, you'd like to have some choices and variety. There needs to be a steak (city), but there also needs to be some broccoli or beans (countryside) to make the meal itself feel more complete.

Okay, yeah, that analogy sucked ( to me, anyway) but the point still stands. The recent titles ( Unity & Syndicate) — through all their beauty — just felt too condensed and tedious after awhile.

It really makes one appreciate all the distinction put into titles such as: I, II, BF, and even Rogue.

• Distinct protagonist

Subjective, but it's really occurred to me that some of the more recent protagonists have lacked originality in some form — whether this be in appearance ( Arno), characterization ( Frye twins), or a bit of both (Shay). The new guy ( or gal, you may never know) needs to be something we've never seen before! Not just some variation of a previous character or some uninspired mess from an old sitcom.

There's probably more but I can't really say at the moment. Will update, if necessary.

I couldn't agree more, and I like your analogy, tbh.

I absolutely LOVED what ACIII did with the Frontier. I can confidently say that while I've played these games so many times, I never really memorized my way through the Frontier and every time I play it, I discover something new, and they were so much fun to explore. You're running and everything looks smooth and suddenly you're about to fall from a cliff to a lower land that is twice as big with a waterfall, river then you go down by diving into the water, climbing down or throwing yourself and praying you'd survive by falling on a high platform, and then you go and explore, hunt, fight, and do lots of stuff, and what's better is that the weather changes too, when later it becomes snowy.

It was absolutely stunning, and a place that I loved to explore after doing main missions in the cities.

I was never really fond of the idea that we're fixed in one city. At the end of the day, and since we're always jumping on rooftops and running fast through the alleys, or hell even riding a horse or a carriage, everything will start to look and feel the same, and the buildings will feel like the same set of 4-7 designs that keep shuffling designs between one another. But when you put two cities, one that is built around a river, for example (big city), then other is more of an agricultural land by the riverside, the other is a large kingdom in the desert, another is a small village surrounded by mountains, or hidden within a cave system, or built around an Oasis, those would provide an amazing degree of diversity and would actually encourage you to explore and see the wonders of the world.

Assassin's Creed has always been based around multiple cities, ACI, ACII, ACIII, ACL, ACIV:BF and AC:Ro all feature multiple locations. Even ACR had Masyaf and Istanbul (which had enough variety on its own) and Brotherhood was more of an expansion to ACII, yet it still featured Monterrigioni and Viana, briefly and had some great modern day sequences.

As for the protagonist, I also totally agree with you. We need a new character who can stand his own ground, without trying to be Ezio, Altair or anyone else. Just being him or herself. Something special, new and interesting. Arno was fine, but the game and it's ending and the whole story kind doomed him. The Frye Twins were good, Evie was better, but the game was a bit short and lacked long cutscenes that show us more about who they are. Shay was fine, but the game was too short and it didn't feel like the whole context of the game gave us a good reason as to why we're seeing his memories, and the fact that Unity totally snubbed him despite the obvious connection was disappointing.

Usercake
02-27-2017, 11:20 PM
23) Yes exactly I forgot to mention character , I want a character who is

sweetheart/goodhearted/romantic as arno

badass as commander shepard

looks cool like geralt of rivia

modest like shay

young minded , and someone who is not a cold blooded murderer ... even worse sarcastic/lame/jerk/isolated cold blooded murderer like frye twins especially jacob or kenedy family

I want someone without family issues or mentor issues . f*** give me something unique and new

Namikaze_17
02-28-2017, 07:01 AM
I couldn't agree more, and I like your analogy, tbh.

Aw, thank you my friend. Now I feel a bit better about how I compare AC & Food lol.

I absolutely LOVED what ACIII did with the Frontier. I can confidently say that while I've played these games so many times, I never really memorized my way through the Frontier and every time I play it, I discover something new, and they were so much fun to explore. You're running and everything looks smooth and suddenly you're about to fall from a cliff to a lower land that is twice as big with a waterfall, river then you go down by diving into the water, climbing down or throwing yourself and praying you'd survive by falling on a high platform, and then you go and explore, hunt, fight, and do lots of stuff, and what's better is that the weather changes too, when later it becomes snowy.

Quite descriptive. I'll say that one of the main draws for the Kenway Saga were the non-city areas. I was more fond of the Frontier, River Valley, and BF's Jungles than the cities actually.

I guess I say that because big cities now are being branded as the "meat" of AC ( and rightfully so, might I add) but have lately become a must-have staple that doesn't always have to be a status-quo for an AC game. It's become limiting -- but AC, like you said, is about the vast world -- we need that back. The locations mentioned above and Naval worked out well enough -- to see them return to complement a lively city would be the perfect "meal" essentially.

As for the protagonist, I also totally agree with you. We need a new character who can stand his own ground, without trying to be Ezio, Altair or anyone else. Just being him or herself. Something special, new and interesting. Arno was fine, but the game and it's ending and the whole story kind doomed him. The Frye Twins were good, Evie was better, but the game was a bit short and lacked long cutscenes that show us more about who they are. Shay was fine, but the game was too short and it didn't feel like the whole context of the game gave us a good reason as to why we're seeing his memories, and the fact that Unity totally snubbed him despite the obvious connection was disappointing.

Yeah, they just felt like parody's or direct copies of past characters at times. Arno in the entire first sequence was Ezio'd up to a tee -- you had him in the ponytail, flamboyant outfit, had a subsequent love interest, and the "father ( this time, adoptive father) dies indirectly due to him" angle. Then he's got these oddly, out-of-place one-liners.

Shay & Jacob are essentially Ezio & Connor's worst qualities amplified by thousand with the former's recklessness & laid-back attitude, and the latter's compulsiveness & naivety. Evie is the only one out, but she suffers from barely having enough screentime, and having a personality with motivations equivalent to a Brotherhood recruit.

(And yes, that's obviously a hyperbole. :P)

The new guy's gotta stand outside-the-box. Like Edward was. Ah yes, good ol' Edward.

ERICATHERINE
02-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Arno in the entire first sequence was Ezio'd up to a tee -- you had him in the ponytail, flamboyant outfit, had a subsequent love interest, and the "father ( this time, adoptive father) dies indirectly due to him" angle.

Well, it wasn't just is adoptive father, but also his biological father. If you combine ac rogue with unity, you clearly see that his first father got killed by Shay, only because Arno didn't wait for him to return. Also, if you pay attention to his multiple flashback in unity, you can clearly see that Arno himself consider himself as a cause of the death of both of his fathers. ^-^

jellejackhammer
02-28-2017, 01:39 PM
1.more then 9 sequences,let's say around 12.
otherwise it feels kinda short then it should be.

2.if empire is true then explorable tombs are kind of a given. hope to see some esu tombs aswell.

3.weather elements like snow storms or sand storms. could be used for some unique stealth options.

4.readable books from famous writhers in the game's timeline.

5.after killing a target in a main mission,there could be a funural for that person when you respawned in free roam.

6.the animus fragments should not only unlock audio clips but also video clips to go allong with them.

7.time rifts that takes us back to settings from previous games. ac2's italy,ac1's damascus,the frontier etc.

SixKeys
02-28-2017, 08:22 PM
7.time rifts that takes us back to settings from previous games. ac2's italy,ac1's damascus,the frontier etc.

Ooh, this would be freaking awesome. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that before. To see those old settings rendered with the new engine, and possibly to get cameos from previous ancestors....Man, I would love that.

cawatrooper9
02-28-2017, 10:57 PM
=
about the topic , I'm really bored of series we have had some changes but is it really enough ? not to mention we have naval system in 3 games and then we have none in the later ones instead we get a zipline ... It's good even if it's not enough but seriously I feel like ubisoft is not putting enough effort into AC series , a little imagination won't hurt
I'd strongly like to see core of series changed such as :

1) fantasty worlds

2) magical skills even exclusive skill trees to suit different kinds of playstyle

3) more brutal violence in case of combat like ripping out the heart for a finisher move :D joking aside I've always felt like combat lacks something for example why you can not critically damage a body part of someone so they become weak or even unable to attack you like cutting off the hand or damage to the eye , cutting enemies leg or knee which slows them down they might run or not so you have an optional choice of killing them while they beg for mercy. or killing stealthy by rapidly doing knife attacks and tearing them apart

4) different ways of stealth kills not just with hidden blades

5) well developed games without so much issues ( seriously Ubi please test your games before publishing them )

6) NO MULTIPLAYER EVER AGAIN !

7) NO UBISOFT CLUB

8) NO PREMIUM STUFF earn everything within the game

9) clothing system , customizing everything like unity or even better than that

10) character making system if it suits the story

11) a story that makes more sense

15) Adding difficulties for different kinds of people , easy for those who like smooth game and hack & slash , " demanding " for those who want to be stealth otherwise they're might no make it ...

16) realistic AI , for example when someone spots me every one magically sees me ... there should be a range limit or something like that or only when enemies alaram triggers

18) better utilities better gear better equipment that actually come in handy for different kinds of kill

19) more main missions less bad copy pasted side missions ( just the bad ones , most of the are good )

22) good minigames

23) you tell me ...

1) Absolutely not, for reasons already mentioned.

2) Try TOKW. I guess POEs could give us these. Plus, Evie's "stealth" ability was essentially magic.

3) Again, that's kind of the opposite of effectiveness, so I'd nix it unless maybe if it was part of the Assassin's character.

4) Like poison darts? Crossbows? Throwing knives? Rope darts? There have been a ton of stealthy kill options in the series...

5) Subjective. In a list of specific requests, it seems odd to throw in something so broad.

6) I'd mostly agree with you on multiplayer, actually. Though, I wouldn't mind the PVP arena stuff. Not my thing, but I don't think it ever negatively effected the single player experience.

7) With you there, again.

8) Mostly'd agree. But honestly, I try not to let it bother me.

9) Meh, I could take it or leave it. The RPG-like options were kind of fun to tinker with, but I feel like stats should be linked most closely with experience, not gear.

10) With the Animus, it would never suit the story.

11) "more" than what? I think an issue with recent games is them making too much sense- or, at least being so bland that they don't really offer much challenge in the narrative.

12) Sorry it bothers you... :p I guess I wouldn't mind faster looting, but a ton of games have this.

13) Good lord, vampires? Nope, no thanks.

14) It's not necessarily supposed to be a stealth game, though... Stealth is one pillar, but so is combat.

15) I'd actually support multiple difficulty levels

16) I wouldn't mind something like Shadow of Mordor's AI- as in, units can spot you and point you out, as well as ring bells to alert more troops- but not everyone spots at the same time.

17) Nope, no thanks. Doesn't work with the lore, and would have the same issues fantasy would regarding the fanbase.

18) We've got pretty handy stuff. Shame if you don't use it.

19) Sure, I guess?

20) No to torture, but I'd be all about a Nemesis system. Been asking for that since Unity.

21) Unique vehicles? Sure. "Griffon or pony or jetpack"? Nope, no thanks.

22) Ehhhhh. I always thought it was cool that you could play checkers or whatever in ACIII, but I would never actually do it. Kudos to anyone who did, though.

23) Just did.

Anyway, in regards to the rest of your post- we're all pretty chill here. No need to try to insult people.

Welcome! ;)

Namikaze_17
03-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Well, it wasn't just is adoptive father, but also his biological father. If you combine ac rogue with unity, you clearly see that his first father got killed by Shay, only because Arno didn't wait for him to return. Also, if you pay attention to his multiple flashback in unity, you can clearly see that Arno himself consider himself as a cause of the death of both of his fathers. ^-^

But it isn't the same. Arno THINKS things would've been different if he stayed, but there's no way to infer that would've happened since it was out of his control. Shay, by the end of Rogue, was exactly what Adéwalé referred to him as — a monster. He was colder, simply cared about the mission at hand, and I doubt an oblivious child would've stopped him.

What happened with De la Serre was in Arno's control, however. Because like with Ezio, it was the same [similar] vital plotline that led to them losing their loved ones, hence my comparison.

ERICATHERINE
03-01-2017, 02:46 AM
But it isn't the same. Arno THINKS things would've been different if he stayed, but there's no way to infer that would've happened since it was out of his control. Shay, by the end of Rogue, was exactly what Adéwalé referred to him as — a monster. He was colder, simply cared about the mission at hand, and I doubt an oblivious child would've stopped him.

What happened with De la Serre was in Arno's control, however. Because like with Ezio, it was the same [similar] vital plotline that led to them losing their loved ones, hence my comparison.

Of course Arno wouldn't have been able to stop him, but look at these 2 video. You might understand what I mean, after that.

Look from 8:21 to 10:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCS3vcjhE9U

Look from 13:28 to 15:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99k7p3CKYu0

So, yea like I said, of course Arno wouldn't have been able to stop Shay, but like you can see, if Arno would have obey his father, things could have been different. Maybe Shay would have still attacked Arno's father, but who knows if yes or no he would have survived. Maybe the time it could have took more for Shay to attack Arno's dad would have let him discover Shay's presence, nearby and if so, maybe he would have survived. ^-^

pirate1802
03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
f*** give me something unique and new

Because you know, all these traits you listed...

sweetheart/goodhearted/romantic as arno

badass as commander shepard

looks cool like geralt of rivia

modest like shay

young minded , and someone who is not a cold blooded murderer ...

..constitute something unique and new, yes?

Mtower601
03-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Hello

I writing this to ask for an updated Assassin's Creed Rogue Xbox one game... I feel that though the newer games are great, I really do enjoy being out on the open sea... I feel that UBISOFT and their teams - have only just started to uncover the possibilities of this side of the game...

Think of an open world of everything we have on earth but in a Rouge format... The big thing that's missing in the last games is a random mission re-setter, a part of the game that continues to give you new sea missions even if you done all the missions that were available... Not to mention large Ship ports were once you have enough gold - you can choose the type of ship you want to build based on personal preferences.. For example: Light and fast for smuggling, standard (as in game) OR MAN OF WAR... The choice to change your ship is an awesome prospect...

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ROGUE WITH A RANDOM (SHIP and LAND) MISSION GENERATOR... SO FOR THOSE OF US THAT LOVE BEING THE KING OF THE SEA CAN CONTINUE TO DO SO BUT ALSO DO MISSIONS ON LAND AGAIN WITH A RANDOM BASIC MISSION RE-SETTER ( WE DO A MISSION AND ANOTHER POPS UP) SO THERE IS NEVER AN ENDING TO HOW MUCH WE CHOOSE TO PLAY BLACK FLAG or ROGUE...

FOR ME SEA WILL ALWAYS BE MORE FUN THEN LAND BASED MISSIONS...

The other thing I would like to mention is that the (forts) should be able to be retaken by the navy so if you don't keep an eye on your property YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET IT BACK...

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A MULTI PLAYER GAME THAT ALLOWS PLAYERS TO TAKE THEIR SHIP TO WAR AGAINST EACH OTHER IN NAVAL BATTLES OF UP TO 6 SHIPS PER TEAM... JUST THINK HOW FUN THAT WOULD BE!!!

KevinMurphy
03-03-2017, 04:50 PM
There's only one thing I really want to see: playable Modern Day. But not just that. I don't want a first person adventure like Black Flag and Rogue. I want real Modern Day Gameplay, more like ACIII, with real missions. Specifically: I want Charolette de la Cruz. She has really grown as a character in the comics, and she is clearly very important to the current events. And the comics are already tying into the games so heavily, it's time to lay the final brick to full bridge the gap so people stop thinking the comics are "separate" from the games! Let us play as Charolette.

There's one slight problem that has been pointed out to me by nay-sayers before, and that's that Charolette is too developed, that people who didn't read the comics would feel lost. And to that, I say there are several simple solutions to that problem. For the major plot points involving the Phoenix Project in the comics, have a short (3-5 minute) intro cutscene to the game to cover that. For details on Charolette's backstory, that's what a database entry is for. And for everything else, it can be covered through modern day concersations, just like they did with Desmond in the past games.

cawatrooper9
03-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Think of an open world of everything we have on earth but in a Rouge format...

We're a really, really long way from replicating the entire earth. Heck, it took a guy 6 months to replicate Notre Dame in Unity.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A MULTI PLAYER GAME THAT ALLOWS PLAYERS TO TAKE THEIR SHIP TO WAR AGAINST EACH OTHER IN NAVAL BATTLES OF UP TO 6 SHIPS PER TEAM... JUST THINK HOW FUN THAT WOULD BE!!!

That'd actually be pretty cool. I'd play it, especially if the combat wasn't dumbed down and we could still board/be boarded by other ships.

Mtower601
03-03-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2d Map of parts of the world map... take what they have already made and adapt it for larger ocean missions and P.V.P wars

I really want a lot more to do as if you run out of things your interested in, things get a little old fast... Resporning missions for sea and land would fix this problem

Thanks for the replys

egriffin09
03-03-2017, 08:15 PM
I would like to see a revamp of the modern day. New protagonist, playable in third person (similar to the modern day of AC 2 and AC 3), with a new twist on the AC universe that will excite players about the modern day again. As far as the historical portion of the game, the return of tombs with parkour puzzles but with a new twist to make them fresh and not just a repeat of the tombs in AC 2. Lastly, an engaging historical narrative with a really interesting character arc and narrative. Oh one last thing, give us real freedom in missions to accomplish them how we want.

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 02:02 PM
I would like to see a revamp of the modern day. New protagonist, playable in third person (similar to the modern day of AC 2 and AC 3), with a new twist on the AC universe that will excite players about the modern day again. As far as the historical portion of the game, the return of tombs with parkour puzzles but with a new twist to make them fresh and not just a repeat of the tombs in AC 2. Lastly, an engaging historical narrative with a really interesting character arc and narrative. Oh one last thing, give us real freedom in missions to accomplish them how we want.

"All of this, in my face" -Yahtzee
Seriously though thats like all the main things I want in the next game.
Question, are you talking about a MD reboot/retcon or how am I understand that "new twist"?

Ygdrasel
03-14-2017, 08:21 AM
OH! Another thing I'd like in the next AC: An Assassin.
Connor was just some dude killing people because a crystal ball said so.
Edward's just a pirate who stole the uniform.

And just...Cut out the fat. We don't need to chase papers or pickpockets/couriers or pay into some worthless money pit in every title.
Instead of cramming everything into every bloody game, try NEW things, Ubisoft.
Stealth is garbage. Combat sucks. Variety of method is non-existent, ridiculous for what is essentially a hitman - the vast majority of missions HAVE to be done essentially one way.

Strategy is only a step removed from non-existent, and that step is only 'stealth or Rambo', with very little choice given to the player about it because stalking zones are specifically absent from places where the devs already made the choice. "Everything is permitted", my foot. Fix all of that.

And speaking of stalking zones: How is a trained guard not noticing me...Because I'm crouched in a bit of weeds? Fix stealth. So much.
Fix AI in general, actually. It's ridiculous how easy it is to kill a guy and have a guy like two feet away not see or hear anything. He can hear me run but not a corpse dropping?

And GET RID OF TAILING MISSIONS. They are not fun or interesting, ever. And it's BS that a failure countdown starts literally any time the target is offscreen. I could be walking right beside them but if my camera's pointed away, the game acts like I've lost them? Stupid.

Just...A game with effort put into it. Really, that's the summary of everything.
I'm hoping the year off will give us something better in this next round.

Razrback16
03-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Biggest thing for me would be moving back to a really good combat system as Unity's was terrible and Syndicate was mediocre at best. I understand folks felt the AC3 / AC4 system was too easy, which I can accept, so I would love to see that type of system, but more challenging with different enemy types, specific ways to engage enemies, attention to weapon types, etc. in order to make things more challenging.

Helforsite
03-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Biggest thing for me would be moving back to a really good combat system as Unity's was terrible and Syndicate was mediocre at best. I understand folks felt the AC3 / AC4 system was too easy, which I can accept, so I would love to see that type of system, but more challenging with different enemy types, specific ways to engage enemies, attention to weapon types, etc. in order to make things more challenging.
I agree that we need a good combat system, but I strongly disagree that Unitys combat was bad, because it was the most challenging and best combat system in the series so far and we should use it as a starting point for the new combat system!
As far as Syndicate is concerned it's combat system's awfulness is only beat by the snoozefest that is AC2's combat system.

JuggaloJohny
03-21-2017, 08:38 PM
BETTER CONTROLS!!!!! The grapple gun is cool but needs a point & aim reticle. Its mind boggling how many ac games they have done & the controls are still so bad. Yet other games they put out have good controls

Ygdrasel
03-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Delay of the 'golden target' effect in Eagle Vision. As-is, you enter Eagle Vision, you see a golden guy. You kill him.

Assassination contracts. Main missions. Doesn't matter. All the same: Gold highlight, kill. Meh.
It's frankly all a bit too hand-holdy. Rather, to discern the target, one should have to do some investigation.
Stalk the target, catch him in an act or statement that reveals the truth of his crime or identity - then Eagle Vision can highlight him for ease.
As-is, the Assassins are all just wizards murdering dudes on a vague mystical hunch. There's no challenge.

Removal of economic systems, or else a massive overhaul.
Hireable blending crowds needs to just not be a thing. There's no skill then in even locating a crowd on the path. And blending itself needs to be made challenging. A guy who stands out in a distinctive Assassin uniform should not blend in, period. It should require clothing appropriate to civilians, or low-lighting or something. Actually, light and sound just need to be a bigger factor in the series overall. Like Thief.

Guards should not have the object permanence of infants. You're clear in sight then duck into some grass (that totally would not actually hide you) and they go right back to their business? Pathetic.

Weapons should break - with a mechanic incorporated for their repair, of course. Swords, guns, hidden blades. There is little to no use or point in a 'pick up weapon' button while your own weapons are eternal.

There should be more tactics for entry into restricted zones, not just sneaking through bushes or killing your way in. Disguises, falsified documents, that sort of thing. Maybe a hostage for leverage. And combat above all needs two major fixes: Enemies need to not take turns. And countering should not be an immediate opening for a kill. It's just too easy. 'Tap O', oh, how tricky...

Also, more varied protagonists. You've got all of the world and its history to play with - use it.Anto (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/4/4c/Ant%C3%B3_-_Concept_Art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140301110959) and Opia (http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/e/ef/Op%C3%ADa_Apito_-_Concept_Art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140301110323) are badass. Where's my Maori Assassin?

And in general, the abandonment of this apparent design philosophy of 'Everything we did in Ezio's trilogy has to be crammed into all future titles however possible regardless of quality or sense.' - prostitutes, pickpockets/couriers, money, pointless collectibles, that lame text-based mission stuff...It all just keeps piling on. Quantity over quality is an awful design philosophy.

And finally, just let me kill civilians again. There's no bloody reason this restriction has to be there.

Razrback16
03-22-2017, 06:04 PM
I agree that we need a good combat system, but I strongly disagree that Unitys combat was bad, because it was the most challenging and best combat system in the series so far and we should use it as a starting point for the new combat system!
As far as Syndicate is concerned it's combat system's awfulness is only beat by the snoozefest that is AC2's combat system.

IMO, the reason Unity's was such a failure was because they clearly made the main goal of the changes to that system, to make it more challenging. But it wasn't more challenging in a fun way. All they did was take away all the moves they previously built up over numerous AC game releases (disarming, countering, human shields to counter firearm combat, etc.) so that all you had was roll, and parry, and then in addition to that, they gave every enemy a firearm where your only viable response was to try to roll away (absurd). So in summary, they gave every enemy a gun, took away a lot of your combat options, and made the camera system so awful that you couldn't see half the guys you were being attacked by... to me it's no wonder this game was so badly detested - the people who were supposed to QA the game for bugs, clearly didn't QA it for fun in combat either. They tried to fix some of the stuff in Syndicate like the "gun countering" by giving you a button to push where the character would dodge the shot, but that was equally silly - more fun as a player, but still silly - should never have taken away human shields, IMO. AC3 still has the best combat system by far, for me. Loved all the options you had in that system - just wish the enemies did more damage to you when you pushed a wrong button to make it tougher to survive when you err.

Ya, AC2's combat looking back now is really boring, but back then I thought it was pretty fun with some good animations, just a very simple system. Still love that game though. :) I need to replay all of them (minus Unity) sometime soon.

Razrback16
03-22-2017, 06:11 PM
One thing I'd like to see improved is Blending - it was not very well done in Syndicate. I miss the way it was done in some of the earlier Ezio games where if you walked through the crowd without running into people in a high profile manner, you would naturally blend in with them to move. In Syndicate and Unity you were detected SO easily even if you weren't doing anything but standing in a blended group looking at a fruit stand or something. So, better blending would be appreciated. This will help maintain the whole stealth factor if that's how a player wants to play.

Helforsite
03-22-2017, 08:10 PM
IMO, the reason Unity's was such a failure was because they clearly made the main goal of the changes to that system, to make it more challenging. But it wasn't more challenging in a fun way. All they did was take away all the moves they previously built up over numerous AC game releases (disarming, countering, human shields to counter firearm combat, etc.) so that all you had was roll, and parry, and then in addition to that, they gave every enemy a firearm where your only viable response was to try to roll away (absurd). So in summary, they gave every enemy a gun, took away a lot of your combat options, and made the camera system so awful that you couldn't see half the guys you were being attacked by... to me it's no wonder this game was so badly detested - the people who were supposed to QA the game for bugs, clearly didn't QA it for fun in combat either. They tried to fix some of the stuff in Syndicate like the "gun countering" by giving you a button to push where the character would dodge the shot, but that was equally silly - more fun as a player, but still silly - should never have taken away human shields, IMO. AC3 still has the best combat system by far, for me. Loved all the options you had in that system - just wish the enemies did more damage to you when you pushed a wrong button to make it tougher to survive when you err.

Ya, AC2's combat looking back now is really boring, but back then I thought it was pretty fun with some good animations, just a very simple system. Still love that game though. :) I need to replay all of them (minus Unity) sometime soon.
I agree that Unity's combat is in no way perfect, but the biggest problem for combat in the Assassin's Creed series, atleast for me, is was that it was so damn easy and did not provide any sort of challenge, which made combat encounters more of a thing to get through than interesting, I never got the feeling I had to have a strategy to beat enemy groups no matter what size and there was never any real danger of dying. What I mean is that Unity's combat system's just felt more realistic and challenging than previous games and my solution would be to improve the enemy AI and then build a combat system around that with multiple difficulties regulating that AI so that it fits all the people that dont want the challenge.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-01-2017, 04:51 PM
I think the Devs could use this iron cross for the story line since it is the symbol of the templers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisernes_Kreuz

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/f/f7/EK_2_1914.jpg

UBOSOFT-Gamer
09-13-2017, 10:14 PM
There several museums in Europe who have interesting objects, the devs could use for an upcoming AC Game. Some examples
https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/history-and-stories/the-crown-jewels/#gs.fdsWpxo

https://www.kaiserliche-schatzkammer.at/en/visit/collections/

http://www.residenz-muenchen.de/englisch/treasury/index.htm

https://gruenes-gewoelbe.skd.museum/en/

but the Metropolitan of Arts in New York US is great too for inspiration!

JonhSR
10-15-2017, 12:42 PM
My list

- challenging combat (as in Dark Souls)
- charismatic character (as Ezio)
- without the "Forest Gump" effect * (as in AC3, AC Unity, etc.)
- do not trivialize murder ** (as in AC1)
- focus on stealth (as in AC1)
- Really interesting missions and side-quests (as in Bloodborne)
- as in AC Broodhood, come back with improved brotherhood management
- Focus on realism, not fantasy! (perhaps this requires a reboot of the series)
- fully adopt an RPG approach (but preserving the one kill head shoot)

In short, what we all want is for Ubsoft to learn from its own mistakes and successes, and if you do not know how to do this, just listen to the community of players who buy your games (and often get frustrated).

* The effect "Forrest Gump" is to develop the game in a collage of historical events that strangely, the protagonist participates. The historical exploration model of AC1 and AC2 is the most interesting because it allows the player to delve into a certain historical context as a "sandbox game".

** In AC1, murder was focused on the mission target, which makes more sense and is consistent with the ethics of the assassins. From AC2, the murder was trivialized and the killings were "softened," in AC1 the deaths were actually more realistic (it made us feel bad for killing someone in the game).