PDA

View Full Version : Met an ex-Ubi employee today...

Markaccus
05-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Long story short.Was at Nethermined (minecraft thing where my son could meet minecraft youtubers) and got talking to a 3D print company. They said they could do anything. My son mentioned Ezio figures. I said there may be copyright on AC things from Ubi. The bloke said he used to work for ubi, watchdogs was his last game. I could not resist asking what happened with Unity. His reply was quite simple. They did not put thier best team on it so that they could meet the release date. From the look in his face this was not the first time he'd been asked. He wasnt iritated by it, and it actually seemed like he cared. Maybe old news but i thought i would share.

VestigialLlama4
05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Long story short.Was at Nethermined (minecraft thing where my son could meet minecraft youtubers) and got talking to a 3D print company. They said they could do anything. My son mentioned Ezio figures. I said there may be copyright on AC things from Ubi. The bloke said he used to work for ubi, watchdogs was his last game. I could not resist asking what happened with Unity. His reply was quite simple. They did not put thier best team on it so that they could meet the release date. From the look in his face this was not the first time he'd been asked. He wasnt iritated by it, and it actually seemed like he cared. Maybe old news but i thought i would share.

I wonder what the "best" team is working on then? Are they scattered to Far Cry and Watch Dogs or some new IP? Have they been fired?

Anyway, its clear that there wasn't a lot of heart in UNITY.

rafiqul84
05-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Half arsed it did they? Left it to the last minute aye? Made shoddy work of it and covered it up with glitter and chocolate fairies did they? Cheeky little mugs

Markaccus
05-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Obviously the guy didnt have time nor probably the incination to go deeper than what he said, but since Unitys release coincided with the release of the non-anual FC4, i would suspect the best team were on that.

The4orTy67
05-02-2015, 08:01 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as a best team at Ubisoft studios. Employees work on project whenever they have finished another project. Just look at this please:

http://kotaku.com/ubisofts-game-developer-limbo-1644500222

rafiqul84
05-02-2015, 11:39 PM
That was a good read, pretty dark side to the gaming industry. Still no excuse for not having proper multiplayer tho :confused:

Xstantin
05-02-2015, 11:47 PM
^What's proper MP?

king-hailz
05-04-2015, 07:22 AM
If that's true then I guess the best team would be working on WatchDogs 2. The first sold like crazy and the biggest problem was quality and now they're gonna do 'AC2' on it and make the second one really good...

pacmanate
05-04-2015, 01:43 PM
If that's true then I guess the best team would be working on WatchDogs 2. The first sold like crazy and the biggest problem was quality and now they're gonna do 'AC2' on it and make the second one really good...

I honestly don't know how Watch Dogs 2 can have that much of a leap on Watch Dogs

Markaccus
05-05-2015, 09:35 AM
I don't think there is such a thing as a best team at Ubisoft studios. Employees work on project whenever they have finished another project. Just look at this please:

http://kotaku.com/ubisofts-game-developer-limbo-1644500222

That may be the case, but like i say, i thought i would just share this guys opinion. It is clear it dod not recieve the effort it deserved or required. I quite like the game, gameplay wise, but the ending of the main story left me very flat, and i can see why the people who put the story first dont like it.