PDA

View Full Version : Request for Malta map

No601_Zulu
04-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Anyone that is interested in flying a Malta map please add your comments:

I, like many other mission builders currently have to use the Finnish map if we want to create Malta missions with a maritime feel i.e. plenty of space for convoys. The big probem is, it's a huge map and therefore by the time extra ground detail, AI etc is added to the largest island with a base on it to simulate the island of Malta the game online can be very laggy.

Oleg and Team please consider creating a Malta/Southern Sicily/and plenty of sea Map.

Thank you.

No601_Zulu
04-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Anyone that is interested in flying a Malta map please add your comments:

I, like many other mission builders currently have to use the Finnish map if we want to create Malta missions with a maritime feel i.e. plenty of space for convoys. The big probem is, it's a huge map and therefore by the time extra ground detail, AI etc is added to the largest island with a base on it to simulate the island of Malta the game online can be very laggy.

Oleg and Team please consider creating a Malta/Southern Sicily/and plenty of sea Map.

Thank you.

MEAKO
04-09-2004, 09:43 AM
I too would be happy to see a malta map, i would'nt complain if due to time and other commitments it was a malta type map rather than an exact map.

BerkshireHunt
04-09-2004, 12:50 PM
I think the Online 6 map is a far better choice for Malta- it's a similar shaped island and has a mixture of greenery and rocky outcrops. It even has a medieval hilltop fort and a pretty authentic coastline.
I've just flown the Star of Africa missions from Sturmovik.deutschland which use this map for North Africa and it's very convincing- all you need are a few desert skins for your 109s, 110s, Hurricanes and Kittyhawks and you're there.

mike_espo
04-10-2004, 01:59 PM
I just finished making a G.50 campaign. 25 missions. Complete with fratelli d italia and medals. Only hitch is I had to use the Kuban map. It was the only map that was large enough to simulate the 125km distance from Sicily to Malta.

Any Malta map must be large enough to cover the actual distance. It is silly to have maps where bases are 30km apart. Only on the eastern front were bases close together. And there they were probably no closer than 60km.

So, I hope we get a historical Malta map.

"Fatte vede che ridemo!"http://www.flying-tigers.net/caccia%20WW%20II/g50.jpg

Gato-Loco
04-12-2004, 11:39 AM
More maps... I'm drooling... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif