PDA

View Full Version : bug reporting

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 12:21 AM
ok, first of all, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is truly the most awesome, addicting and mind-numbling game that I have ever played. so awesome that I don't even abbreviate its name to PoP: SoT /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
still, it's got its bugs here and there, so here's some of them (i've got screenshots for each part. just go to http://members.lycos.co.uk/tcfwg/ and select the image i refer to in this list):
- in The Drawbridge part of the game, when you're pushing "switches" to make the bridge in the middle of the room move, there's two bugs on the area with the second switch (after jumping from pole to pole) - screenshot0000.bmp. if you do a vertical wallrun on the wall next to the edge of the area, the Prince goes through the wall and into his murky death out of the game world :S
also, if you go and hold on the edge of the "fence" next to that wall and move towards the wall, the prince gets his hand stuck on it, stopping him from moving until you decide to rewind or jump backwards (and die /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif ).
- sometimes the Prince is turned upside down after he grabs a rope, which can produce an odd effect only fixable by pressing Space to return him to his normal position. it's easier to find that bug in The Underground Reservoir - screenshot0001.bmp
- when in a battle, curtains aren't counted as obstacles to the camera, and since the camera isn't very movable during a battle it can be quite frustating when you've got some curtains stopping you from viewing anything, like in The Sultan's Harem - screenshot0002.bmp

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 12:21 AM
ok, first of all, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is truly the most awesome, addicting and mind-numbling game that I have ever played. so awesome that I don't even abbreviate its name to PoP: SoT /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
still, it's got its bugs here and there, so here's some of them (i've got screenshots for each part. just go to http://members.lycos.co.uk/tcfwg/ and select the image i refer to in this list):
- in The Drawbridge part of the game, when you're pushing "switches" to make the bridge in the middle of the room move, there's two bugs on the area with the second switch (after jumping from pole to pole) - screenshot0000.bmp. if you do a vertical wallrun on the wall next to the edge of the area, the Prince goes through the wall and into his murky death out of the game world :S
also, if you go and hold on the edge of the "fence" next to that wall and move towards the wall, the prince gets his hand stuck on it, stopping him from moving until you decide to rewind or jump backwards (and die /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif ).
- sometimes the Prince is turned upside down after he grabs a rope, which can produce an odd effect only fixable by pressing Space to return him to his normal position. it's easier to find that bug in The Underground Reservoir - screenshot0001.bmp
- when in a battle, curtains aren't counted as obstacles to the camera, and since the camera isn't very movable during a battle it can be quite frustating when you've got some curtains stopping you from viewing anything, like in The Sultan's Harem - screenshot0002.bmp