PDA

View Full Version : Question about AC3 Deluxe download and installation

JKeift
05-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi, everyone, I have a quick question about downloading and installing the deluxe edition of AC3. I activated the key in Uplay without problems and I'm currently downloading the game. I'm aware that, afterwards, I will have to go to the 'Extra Content' menu and type my key to unlock all the bonus content. My question is, once everything's unlocked, is the DLC (Tyranny of King Washington) downloaded automatically through Uplay or do I have to download it manually from somewhere else?

JoxerTM22
05-01-2015, 10:41 PM
It wasn't downloaded for me automatically for whatever reason.
Seems it depends where you bought it, if on GamersGate check there how to download it, if on GMG also you can read there how to download it through Capsule. You may also use a friend's installers if you have one - those installers will just add files, you'll still have to register them ingame with your deluxe key to unlock them!

Who is to blame for this mess? IMO, Ubi.
See, BF, Rogue and Unity all have "repair" option in uPlay client.
An example. You buy BF. Play it a bit then buy it's DLC on GMG. Register DLC on uPlay with the key you got from GMG, hit verify files and uPlay downloads DLC. Ain't that great? It rocks absolutely!

Sadly, file verification doesn't exist for AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations nor for AC3. In case your games are retail versions and media got scratched, instead of simple verify on corrupt data now you have to download everything. :(

IMO, file verify option should be integrated in uPlay client for all Ubi games. Currently it's not.

JKeift
05-01-2015, 11:42 PM
It wasn't downloaded for me automatically for whatever reason.
Seems it depends where you bought it, if on GamersGate check there how to download it, if on GMG also you can read there how to download it through Capsule. You may also use a friend's installers if you have one - those installers will just add files, you'll still have to register them ingame with your deluxe key to unlock them!

Who is to blame for this mess? IMO, Ubi.
See, BF, Rogue and Unity all have "repair" option in uPlay client.
An example. You buy BF. Play it a bit then buy it's DLC on GMG. Register DLC on uPlay with the key you got from GMG, hit verify files and uPlay downloads DLC. Ain't that great? It rocks absolutely!

Sadly, file verification doesn't exist for AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations nor for AC3. In case your games are retail versions and media got scratched, instead of simple verify on corrupt data now you have to download everything. :(

IMO, file verify option should be integrated in uPlay client for all Ubi games. Currently it's not.

Wow... that's what I feared. I purchased AC3 Deluxe from GetGames, another digital games retailer, and—indeed—I have to download the DLC separately from their own site instead of having everything downloaded directly through Uplay. Seems I'll have to download each DLC individually and make backups in case the retailer's website shuts down one day. I can't believe Ubisoft would make us go through this much trouble when other alternatives like Steam and Origin do it right. I mean, if this option is available for Black Flag, Unity, and Rogue, why can't they implement it in AC3?

Thank you for your confirmation, Joxer.